TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Hey, it's build 0.5b2 now. More progress is alwys welcomed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Woah, Visas actually blinded you through the Force or something. It's amazing how much makes more sense with the cut content.

1. Kreia's blindness, Visas teaching you Force Sight, and the Exile's path being unclear to himself are all wrapped up in this original duel with Visas.

2. Half of your conversations with HK-47 actually amount to something with the HK Factory.

3. Kreia forcing your companions into secret pacts to defend you and the fact that you and they have differant forms of confrontations on Malachor V.

There are many more as well. I'm so eager to play this bad boy. Keep it up, I'm sure Obsidian applauds your work (under Lucas Arts' radar of course.)

swesbrly5iz.gif

*looks at the amount of progress*

Wow just wow...

That's some fantastic progress...I've played the game approx. 1.5 times, and I will gladly play it 6 more times with the cut content. You guys are making a HUGE difference for us KOTOR2 players. I thank all of you for that

I meant to do this a while ago, but I didn't so I'll do it now.

I'm adding myself to the ranks who are so very, very greatful for all of this. That's a lot of progress you've made. It's going to be wonderful to play through with my favoured Exile and have things go properly for her, with the full story. I can't wait to see what she does with all the new content. *grin*

Oh, and a comment on the Visas force sight thingy: huzzah! She actually does something to The Exile's eyes! Just one thing, why does Visas show up as Light Side in this shot? Is she already designated as such? It's just that it might be confusing to have the Sith Lady that's hungering for your blood to show up as being light.

Thank you Team Gizka. We would be lost without you.

Edited by Reajeasa

Shes actually showing up as a gray neutral which I think is what her alignment is when you first beat her on your ship. Although that does bring up a good point, if you are a LS jedi should she first be darkside/appear red then when you beat her and she "gives her life for yours" should she then go gray neutral? It would work either way I suppose. The fact she's willing to give up to your PC probably means she isn't necessarily full dark side and still a shade of gray.

...if you are a LS jedi should she first be darkside/appear red then when you beat her and she "gives her life for yours" should she then go gray neutral?

Well she wasn't what one can truly consider a "darkside" character even when she first appears. She doesn't fight the exile out of hatred; she fights him/her simply because that was the mission and (more so) because she's drawn to the Exile.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Guest MacLeodCorp
...if you are a LS jedi should she first be darkside/appear red then when you beat her and she "gives her life for yours" should she then go gray neutral?

Well she wasn't what one can truly consider a "darkside" character even when she first appears. She doesn't fight the exile out of hatred; she fights him/her simply because that was the mission and (more so) because she's drawn to the Exile.

Intresting thought proccess...

I thought Visas dialogue should have been completly darksided. Even though she was learning to be lightsided by you, I think here alignment should have been 50% darkside. I also think she should have responded to your PC in a darkside tone. Having a Visas that you have to battle a little longer in game is a welcome addition.

Did you know?

TSLRP has been in production for 9 (going on 10) months. :huh:

There progess report starts in April 2005.

XBox Released in December '04

PC Released in February '05

They started restoring the game about two months after the PC release. Maybe a little sooner.

http://www.team-gizka.org/wip.html

I have to give them credit for sticking with this project. I would have moved onto other things by now... Now that is called devotion to a game... :lol:

Keep on rolling... :)

I know that Team Gizka is not restoring M4-78, but that there is an M4-78 Restoration Team that is.

I'm wondering, though whether the two groups are coordinating their efforts, so that we'll eventually be able to play KotOR2 with both the cut content and M4-78.

My apologies if this has already been asked and answered before.

From the M4-78 restoration FAQ page:

Will this mod be compatible with the TSLRP 

Absolutely! All we are doing is slipping another planet in to the storyline, it will not conflict with their mod in any way. And I honestly don't think we would even be making this mod if it wasn't compatible with the Restoration Project. 

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

Just like to add my thanks to Team Gizka for their amazing work. Im glad to see how "professional" they are by having all these beta testings and such, because as far as I am aware, most mods simply come with a "bugs" notice. At least this should mean that on the release date, most people shouldnt have any problems :D .

As another said, I always thought of Visas' character as a dark sider trying to be light side. A lot of what she says is very dark side, disliking weakness etc.

The fact she didn't argue very strongly with you if you had a different opinion, or being able to get influence with her for a few decent deeds makes me think she was originally corrupted by Nihilus, but at some point upon meeting a LS exile begins to change her core beliefs.

That's one problem about KoTOR 2. You could gain influence with characters but no matter what their alignment showed, LS characters would still hate DS deeds no matter how corrupt you were or vice versa.

Example: I once completly corrupted, atleast according to the alignment page, Bao Dur, but he would still get angry and I would lose alignment with him if I murdered a character in game.

Visas seems to have a more natural change. A character was once a decent person, corrupted by the dark side who then slowly comes over to the light side if you play a LS jedi.

I personally believe she should have been a bit more red when you first meet her on the ship, but should then go gray if you beat her as a LS jedi, but as I said it works either way and you could argue either way of how she should first appear.

I wonder how Juhani would have appeared with the force sight ability in KoTOR 1? She seemed to have fallen pretty far and attacks your group on first sight. Would she have been red or gray? Turning blue once you convinced her she could return to the enclave.

There's certainly room for interpretation as far as the whole LS DS thing goes.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

There are arguments for having her be LS, DS and neutral. Keep in mind, she appears neutral because Obsidian made her neutral; we didn't change her alignment when we restored this part of the battle.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

There are arguments for having her be LS, DS and neutral.  Keep in mind, she appears neutral because Obsidian made her neutral; we didn't change her alignment when we restored this part of the battle.

Exactly. The moment she joins you in the side room she appears gray when you check her 'stat' page. I'm by no means advocating that she be changed to red. I feel the previous poster brought up a good point, though, and it is interesting to talk about people's perceptions of how she appears at first.

If Juhani can go postal on you in the grove, and require a lot of haggling with to get her back to the enclave and still be a "blue" light side jedi, Visas can sure as heck be a gray neutral jedi when she attacks you. Individual motivation is impossible to tell. It's like Kreia being gray, and she often felt more 'red' than Visas.

After we get 6 acceptances it will be 10 and we'll likely run with that until 1.0b1 at which point we'll double the size to 20-ish which we'll run with until release.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Guest The Architect

I've heard and read a lot about TSL Restoration Project organized by Team Gizka and the team who is restoring M4-78 and they deserve a medal for their efforts.

Now, I have a question, what is not and cannot be restored? What things are still going to be missing from the game? Does anyone know?

Edited by The Architect

I've heard and read a lot about TSL Restoration Project organized by Team Gizka and the team who is restoring M4-78 and they deserve a medal for their efforts.

Now, I have a question, what is not and cannot be restored? What things are still going to be missing from the game? Does anyone know?

-Traya as Atris

-Dustil in the Sith Tomb

-Sion versus Nihilus (scene done independently. needs to be placed in game)

-Master Vash's convos (scene done independently though)

-Bao-Durs fate

Thats all I can name at the top of my head for now.

Edited by Wild Storm