TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

I've heard and read a lot about TSL Restoration Project organized by Team Gizka and the team who is restoring M4-78 and they deserve a medal for their efforts.

Now, I have a question, what is not and cannot be restored? What things are still going to be missing from the game? Does anyone know?

The easiest thing is probably to check out the progress reports at both Team Gizka and The M4-78 Restoration Project respectively.

Current build: 0.5b4. Wee!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest MacLeodCorp

I wish them luck in completing the 'cut content'. I still send my support.

Unfortunatley, if the mods is not done my this weekend, I will not be playing KotOR 2 until the next time I am in the mood. Since college started up again, I don't see myself finding the time to play. Maybe sometime during the summer.

Well, I wish you all good luck...:o

TSLRP has made some really intresting progress. Hopefuly, they will post some more screenshots. That would get me more intrested.

Until then... Carry on... Hehehe...:)

Edit::Added:::

A lot of people have been praising your progress, but there have not been any screenshots. Except the recent 'one'. I am in full support of your agenda. However, do you have anything to show? For the past nine months, I have been in flux of supporting you guys. After I wrote the above, I noticed we haven't seen screenshots of your progress. Your W.I.P. is full of discriptions and such, but you haven't really shown any visual evidence of your work.

Could we get some screenshots and links? In this thread if possible?

Edit::Added:

I just noticed the screens from April and May, but that is still too old. Any more 'recent' shots? Someting that shows your progress since those last screens?

Edited by MacLeodCorp

Guest MacLeodCorp
I wonder what kind of "restore" stuff you could show in pics  :huh:

Also fixed bugs don't look that good in pics (Hey! look, Kreia's skill lesson works, need 1 line to tell you or 8 pics to show  :-" )

I undertstand that they can't show binary stuff, but to see some of the 'restored' stuff that has been in progress since their last screens would be cool.

Example:

Dialogue screenshots.

Character restoration on a specific planet.

Etc...

I wonder how many people would like to see more screens?

Edited by MacLeodCorp

I wonder how many people would like to see more screens?

I'd love to see more screens. :lol: Maybe better to release them later, when they have a clearer idea of a date for the mod itself, in order to generate interest? I wouldn't be surprised if the same net media outlets that covered the Great Kotor2 Cut Content Controversy before also cover the release of this mod.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't really care about the lack of screenshots. It will be more fun to just play it when it comes out. The only reason I can think a person would need to see a screenshot of dialog is as 'proof' that progress is being made.

I'd rather the team be free to work on getting the scripts & dialog in the game in working than worrying about posting a million screenshots of characters talking to each other because some fans are getting antsy.

Team Gizka is essentially conducting video game 'charity', finishing a game that DESPERATLY needs it on their own free time and the fact that they stop to answer questions here, many of them that would have been answered looking at their web page, is just another nice thing they're doing.

They're making great progress and I can't wait to see the game finished. No more wandering what the heck happens to the remote and GOTO and all the other ridiculous plot holes that weren't properly removed when 'excess' story started being thrown out do to the development time.

P.S. Sorry if I sound grumpy, but this would just be one more thing to bug them with and I really don't need a screenshot of Atton's face on Malachor with new dialog as 'proof' that progress is being made.

It's not really about bugging them to satisfy anyone. They have a product that they're going to need to publicise, and screenshots might be a way of doing that. I'm sure they've given this all a lot more thought than I have, though. May the (marketing) Force be with them :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest MacLeodCorp
It's not really about bugging them to satisfy anyone.  They have a product that they're going to need to publicise, and screenshots might be a way of doing that.  I'm sure they've given this all a lot more thought than I have, though.  May the (marketing) Force be with them :D

Yes. I agree. I didn't make the statement in a manner that is ment to bug them. I haven't really said anything in this thread in months. Anything in this paticular manner. Advertising is good... Hehehe... :o

I wouldn't really call it a product in the sense they aren't really 'selling' anything/making money as far as I know, though I am sure that the more people that download the restored content and see the finished game the happier TG will be.

I tell anyone who I talk with about KoTOR 2 about the project as I've chatted with plently of people who were avoiding the game because of talk of how the ending was such a bomb.

There is still a long ways to go from what I understand and it seems a bit early to pour on the 'advertising'. They are, of course, welcome to start with tons of media if and whenever they choose.

Again, sorry if I sounded grumpy, but the original screenshot request sounded kind of 'demandy'. "It's been so many months... show us your progress now!" :">

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

My friend wanted to borrow the game and was like well your better off waiting for the TG mod/fix when i started to explain all the plot holes and such he was kinda shocked to say the least on how much was missing he installed it anyway but will not play it till the fix comes out. I think there doing an awsome job,and i hope to reinstall it my self when the fix comes out.

Guest The Architect

-Traya as Atris

-Dustil in the Sith Tomb

-Sion versus Nihilus (scene done independently. needs to be placed in game)

-Master Vash's convos (scene done independently though)

-Bao-Durs fate

Thats all I can name at the top of my head for now.

Thanks for that. You see this is where I wish there would be a KOTOR Special Edition that Obsidian would do. I'm very grateful that Team Gizka and the M4-78 Restoration Project's are happening but I want EVERYTHING restored. And yes I know some things were cut because they decided to cut it but I'm talking about all the stuff that was cut that was going to be in the final-version of the game.

By the way, I emailed Obsidian and asked them if they were interested in doing a KOTOR II Special Edition and they replied to me said yes they would be. All it needs is for LucasArts to give the greenlight. There is money to be made here...Don't they realise how many people want a KOTOR II Special-Edition? I think they are afraid to go ahead with it because they feel it would be a waste of time and there is no point in doing it because they won't make much money but there wrong, people like myself, would buy a KOTOR Special-Edition.

What does it take to get the message across!? If I have to go on every KOTOR II related forum on the Internet and encourage people to support LucasArts and Obsidian and buy a KOTOR II Special-Edition if they make one then I will. I don't want K3 yet, I'm not interested in a K3 at the moment, I want a KOTOR II Special Edition first, not K3!

Edited by The Architect

What would Dustil be doing in the Sith tomb?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Sulking about betrayal like his old man? "Daddy ran off again! Woe is me!" :thumbsup:"

On topic though - even if they did make a K2 special edition, would they use the work already restored by Team Gizka or would they start afresh? I mean, it would seem a shame to let all Team Gizka's work go to waste. Then again, I don't know the legal stuff but I don't even want to touch that with a ten-foot-pole.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

I know, it doesn't make sense. He either goes to Dantooine to join the Jedi Academy or he is killed by Revan so he couldn't possibly be stuck on Korriban in a Sith Tomb. I hope this is one of those things that they decided to cut and not something that they were going to have in the final version but had to cut it.

What does it take to get the message across!? If I have to go on every KOTOR II related forum on the Internet and encourage people to support LucasArts and Obsidian and buy a KOTOR II Special-Edition if they make one then I will. I don't want K3 yet, I'm not interested in a K3 at the moment, I want a KOTOR II Special Edition first, not K3!

There have been topics about it in the past and most people didn't wan't to shell out another $50 for a game they were supposed to get in the first place...

Even if many people would want it, LucasArts wouldn't allow it. What kind off special edition would that be?

"well we forced our developer to cut lots of interesting things to get this game out for christmas, how about you spend your money a second time, this time it will be the complete game, we promise!"

They could have done that before anybody found out how much was cut, not afterwards. The only possibility to not look greedy would be to offer it for free or for a very low price, but no company would think about something like that, your employees don't work for free.

I know, it doesn't make sense. He either goes to Dantooine to join the Jedi Academy or he is killed by Revan so he couldn't possibly be stuck on Korriban in a Sith Tomb. I hope this is one of those things that they decided to cut and not something that they were going to have in the final version but had to cut it.

No, not exactly.

In the DS outcome of the meeting with Dustil, he is angry at Carth and Revan fuels these feelings so that Dustil attacks, and you have no choice but to kill him. So DS Revan = Dustil dead.

However, in the LS outcome, Carth wants Dustil to come with him, but Dustil refuses and says that he must convince his friends to abandon the Sith ways and leave with him. So Dustil stays, which could explain why he is still there in K2 - upon the chaos Revan's confrontation the Sith master (can't remember his name - Uthar?), there was so much havoc, that Dustil was stuck on the planet. Could make sense, I think. Anyone know the entire story?