X-Mas

Laozi

What was your fondest Christmas/Kwanza/Hanukkah present/memory?

I remember when I got Snake Mountain, I was pretty stoked, and the time I got the aircraft carrier from GI Joe, but the best was a couple of years ago when my parents got me a '78 Fender Fretless P-Bass and a vintage Trace Elliot amp.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I remember a few Christmases ago, I wanted a PS2 and my brother wanted an Xbox, but my parents said they could only afford one. On Christmas morning, I watched my brother unwrap his Xbox and, knowing he'd never let me play Halo anyway, almost started to cry. I didn't want to keep unwrapping presents, but my mom convinced me to open one large box with my name on it. Lo and behold, it was a PS2. I think my scream scared the neighbors. :">

sig2.gif

Fondest was probably the time I got my N64. After years of being told "No, you're not getting a nintendo system" I opened the huge package and there it was. I woke up the next day and thought it was all a dream till I went and saw it sitting in the box in the living room. :rolleyes:

I liked watching Christmas TV and playing with the candles and burning stuff and eating nuts and chocolate and mandarins :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Star Trek action figures from the early/mid 70's. I tortured Scotty.

The 'Fireplace log' that a local station would play all day Xmas day...it was just funny & an inside type joke with friends.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not much love for the spirit of Christmas, I see. >_<

Every Christmas I've had has been good...but mostly the one where I got a brand spankin' new PS2, and a sweet Yamaha guitar...oh, and games...lots and lots of games.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hmm...presents are meh. I never got anything worthwhile as a kid, only on birthdays.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anyone remember those record breakers toy cars that ran on 2AA batteries? I used to be a big fan of those and legos.

There was this Christmas where I got 3 record breaker cars. They were really cool ones too. A ninja model and 2 more. I also got a track to race them on.

I also got this huge lego set of an Arctic base with 3 more additional sets of matching vehicles for that base. There was this huge land vehicle with like six wheels, a cool looking shuttle and something else I can't remember.

It was the Christmas my grandmother was visiting from Korea so I basically got everything I wanted and more.

My fondest memory is of getting up one christmas morning to cook lunch, and listening for the first time to some religious guy in Johannesburg delivering a sermon on the meaning of Christmas. And as I'm standing there, chopping stuff and listening, I look down to the street and see this homeless fellah wandering around.

My brain made the connection between the two things eventually, and I thought 'I should go be nice to that guy who is less fortunate than me.' Of course, being a paranoid freak, my second thought was 'Yeah, right, and get stabbed on Christmas' (I've been stabbed by homeless people before). But I grabbed some mince pies, and about twenty pounds, and headed down.

When I trotted over the poor man looked scared like a rabbit, rolling his eyes a little. But when I proferred the gifts he beamed suddenly and with a spring gave me a huge hug. After releasing me, we exchanged christmas blessings, and he went on his way, munching happily.

And that is quite certainly my favourite memory of Christmas.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is going to sound really cheesy, but that's what christmas is about, being nice to people! So all you people that say you dont like christmas, i still dont understand why not, as it doesn't even matter about all the presents, decorations and music, etc, its all about being nice and having fun with family and friends :thumbsup: /cheesy speech

One of my fondest memories of christmas (because i cant really think of any others at the moment), was the christmas just gone, which my family and I celebrated in New Zealand. It was just so different to celebrating in England like we normally do, and everyone there was just generally in good spirits all the time :huh:.

No, to me it's the exact opposite. Christmas is all about the presents, decoration, food, music etc. I mean, why would you limit yourself to being nice just a short space of time every year? Are you going to be an arse the rest of the time? Don't go and be all nice and lovely just because someone said so, do it anytime. I enjoy Christmas, mostly because I'm a bit of a wuss I guess, but also because it simply turns the dull and dark winter into something different even if it's only about eye candy. It invokes the great childhood memories that this thread describes and Christmas Eve is also a good time to meet relatives and friends you don't see too often. Christmas for President.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I didn't want to do this you guys...

Christ Climbed Down by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Christ climbed down

from His bare Tree

this year

and ran away to where

no fat handshaking stranger

in a red flannel suit

and a fake white beard

went around passing himself off

as some sort of North Pole saint