X-Mas

Laozi

When I trotted over the poor man looked scared like a rabbit, rolling his eyes a little. But when I proferred the gifts he beamed suddenly and with a spring gave me a huge hug. After releasing me, we exchanged christmas blessings, and he went on his way, munching happily.

And that is quite certainly my favourite memory of Christmas.

That is a good christmas memory

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No, to me it's the exact opposite. Christmas is all about the presents, decoration, food, music etc. I mean, why would you limit yourself to being nice just a short space of time every year? Are you going to be an arse the rest of the time? Don't go and be all nice and lovely just because someone said so, do it anytime. I enjoy Christmas, mostly because I'm a bit of a wuss I guess, but also because it simply turns the dull and dark winter into something different even if it's only about eye candy. It invokes the great childhood memories that this thread describes and Christmas Eve is also a good time to meet relatives and friends you don't see too often. Christmas for President.

It's not about doing it just once a year. But the idea is if you do it even once a year you may realise how good it is.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not much love for the spirit of Christmas, I see.  :luck:

I like the spirit of Xmas...I just don't like the modern reality.

A materialistic holiday that turns the spirit of giving/family/love into the spirit of shallow and narcissistic.

Of course, not all people/families celebrate Xmas with that kind of mentality...and I applaud them for it.

Me, I just ignore holidays. It's just another day...if I want to buy someone a gift or give them a hug or see someone I haven't seen in a long time, I don't wait for a holiday.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, I have a good Christmas story though I'm not sure whether it's a positive one.

I spent one of my Christmases in my empty university dorm with nobody around. I think that was the only time in my life that I didn't speak with anyone for a week or two (record broken when friend would stop by to check on me). Not a word, even to myself. I remember eating microwave dinners, oranges while watching Star Trek the next generation.

Of course I kept in touch with family through the internet and I can tell you that blasting You Could Be Mine by ****in' Guns n' Roses at 4am in the morning really makes you feel alive. I was tempted to explore the place naked but I restrained myself though.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I was pre-teen, but old enough to begin seriously doubting the existence of Santa. We used to always go to my grandparents on Christmas Eve for the big family Christmas thing, and have Christmas morning at home. When we left for the grandparents, everything was as usual - tree up, lights on, no presents yet. When we got back from the grandfolks, lo and behold! Underneath the tree was LOADS of presents! My mom had "lagged behind" after everyone else went out to the car, to give us one more year of belief. God, I love my Mom!

Of course, she's got a little sadistic side, too. :shifty: A couple of years later, when we KNEW there was no Santa, my sister and I snuck downstairs about 3 in the morning to check out our presents. We have a large gas stove in the living room, and that was the only light. As we go sneaking through the living room doorway, something growled in the shadows! We went flying back up the stairs, terrified and convinced that if Santa wasn't real, the boogey man was! And then, we hear my Mom laughing her a$$ off! Like I said, I love my Mom! LOL