Movies you've seen lately

Baley

Saw Kong, thought Black was uncharteristically bad in it. It had a few cool scenes or funny jokes, but just as many scenes that didn't work or jokes that just made no one laugh.

it had alot of unintentionalyl funny scenes or just "wtf?!?!" type scenes

It's a C- movie.

Yeah, Black didn't look comfortable at all with his role. The girl is really good though. Movie's entertaining but kind of scary. I wouldn't take kids to see it.

Edited by julianw

Re-watching Pharaoh's Army and drinking a bottle of red wine.

Great little Civil War period film. *raises glass*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Going to see Syriana this weekend...from here and elsewhere I don't expect a lot, but I must...see...Cooper...

Did anyone see Jarhead or Capote? I missed those and I guess I'll have to wait for DVD.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wishmaster2, because Sci-Fi channel is playing a lot of really bad movies for Xmas.

I'm suprised more stations aren't airing 'Die Hard' or its sequel tonight. That's too bad, not even 'Scrooged' is on. Ah well, now that I've finished wrapping up all my Christmas presents I guess I'll spend my last few waking hours tonight watching 'Sudden Impact' with Clint Eastwood.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just bought the last 3 parts of Robocop: Prime Directives. I believe they were a Sci-Fi original miniseries, not sure. Anyway, other than the B-movie production values, its not bad at all.

I remember watching that show yonks ago. While it oozes B-movie-ism the series didn't start off that bad (okay - not really bad at any rate). Speaking of which, does anyone remember that show called "Sliders" from way back? Now that was so totally sweet and awesome up until in whimpered into mediocrity!

manthing2.jpg

King Kong - unnecessarily long. Would be a much better movie if it was under two hours. Pointless, drawn-out, self-indulgent, badly-animated dinosaur stampedo scene is probably one of the worst scenes I've seen in a long while.

Narnia - I had no expectations whatsoever for it, and thought it was pretty good. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've read the book, so I can't really compare - but perhaps that's a good thing, in this case. I didn't pay any attention to the "Christian overtones" so they didn't bother me. Anybody who's disappointed with this movie because it doesn't "compare well" to LotR is on crack. It belongs to an entirely different genre.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

3-Iron. It's a little korean movie about a guy that breaks into other people's houses. This is the only movie that really surprised me this year.

Interesting detail: The lead character never says a word throughout the whole movie.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Chiming in on the "I saw Narnia" bandwagon. I didn't think it sucked - but it is a kids movie...and a Disney one at that. Not horrible, starts off ok, but a little too long for it's style and the middle/end was pretty slipshod. There were some funny moments. Mr. Tumnus was well done.

Mostly, it's a 'cute' movie. I'd give it a C+

Narnia: house (i.e. the first hour) was boring, kids were crap actors. Did i miss something with tumnus? It seemed as if undue importance was placed on him.

White witch was good, aslan was good and the wolves were good too.

It really is a Disney kids movie, moreso than Harry potter. I dont get why i dislike the film, when i enjoyed the book and the BBC mini series.

In the meantime i have been watching:

Wedding crashers: funny

Charlie and the chocolate factory: not bad, i like depp's wonka better than the other one.

Longest yard: The waterboy, in jail, but less funny.

i also "saw Narnia"... it was fine, and i thought pretty true to the book (from what i remember of it). the alterations they made i thought only made the story better, so it was alright.

additionally, i finally got around to seeing Serenity, and i thought i liked the series better, but of course they have more said in them, but i don't know... the movie IMO was a B+. not that great, but pretty fun.

hmm, it is late and my reviewing skills (if i have any) are starting to look horrendous. i will go now. probably be gone for a couple of days. dont miss me.

I just liked Tumnus because he was the only character that had any emotional character development in Narnia - hence I cared about his character. After him, it was just stupid wisecracking beavers, chases, and sword waving etc. and I couldn't have cared less about any of them - not even Aslan.

I thought the Snow Queen was ok...but she played it too over the top evil step-mother like and was not how I personally pictured her from reading the book.

Edited by LadyCrimson