Movies you've seen lately

Baley

I haven't seen either, but this is the other title at IMBD.

Thanks Kor Qel Droma,

I think the 'Grudge' was the US remake of the Ring - though I definitely stand ready to be corrected. Interesting though is that the theme and the motif seem similar. In general, it would be interesting for those who have more access to Japanese horror to share and reflect whether the genre does present a woman and a child in dire straights?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Well then I am either too thick - highly likely - or the adapted version all sort of seem the same to me. I think I have some educatin' to do ... I really enjoyed the original sub-text'd Ring, but since seeing so many adaptions - and to be honest the lack of access where I am to originals, I have likely become somewhat lazy! Thanks Kor Qel Droma for taking the time to do some IMDb searches ;)

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

The Ring was american re-make of japanese Ringu.

The Grudge was re-make of Ju-on: The Grudge.

Anyways, I liked orginal japanese Dark Waters. Scary, though I watched it hangover so I might have been overly sensitive.

edit: meh, too slow.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I like some of John Carpenter's pre-mid-80's movies - his remake of The Thing, Halloween, Escape From New York, Starman...but The Fog has such bad acting...it's been a long time since I've seen it tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like some of John Carpenter's pre-mid-80's movies - his remake of The Thing, Halloween, Escape From New York, Starman...but The Fog has such bad acting...it's been a long time since I've seen it tho.

The first three Halloweens were good movies. Escape from New York was good also.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"Back to the Future" I have seen 2 and 3 so many times, but this was my second time I saw this. It was still good. :thumbsup:

"Shopgirl" Drama comedy... Too much drama for my taste, but still good enough.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I saw Flight Plan.

it wasn't spectacular. it wasn't as bad as everyone said it was though. i mean, it really wasn't that bad. well, it still wasn't that good, but c'mon, movies these days are all like that. in that case this movie was average.

Cinderella Man.

T'was OK, but with each subsequent movie I watch with Russell Crowe in it, the less confidence I have on him as an actor.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Blockbuster had the original The Fog for $7, so I bought it and can review it again to see if I think it belongs Carpenter's 'good film' list, heh...along with a bunch of other pre-viewed's. Anyone ever heard of a film called Running on Empty with River Phoenix/Judd Hirsch? I saw that like 13-14 years ago or something...good little lite-drama flick. Can't wait to see it again. I miss River. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Blockbuster had the original The Fog for $7, so I bought it and can review it again to see if I think it belongs Carpenter's 'good film' list, heh...along with a bunch of other pre-viewed's. Anyone ever heard of a film called Running on Empty with River Phoenix/Judd Hirsch? I saw that like 13-14 years ago or something...good little lite-drama flick. Can't wait to see it again. I miss River. >_<

Seven dollars is a good steal. I bought the Fog new for $14.99.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.