KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Somehow I'm beginning to think we'll be seeing visions of Kreia in 3, like how Luke sees visions of Obi-Wan repeatedly

I sure hope not. ;) (praying) Please, don't return...

And just to make a point here, in K2, it didn't seem like the Sith were the biggest threat in the galaxy, it was mercenaries! Anyone else feel like they were everywhere? On Telos, what did you here about? Czerka's mercenaries. On Dantooine, who was causing trouble and who did you have to fight? Mercenaries. On Nar Shadaa, you were hunted by bounty hunters who are little more than a glorified form of mercenaries, and you also faced the exchange's mercenaries!! At least in K1, the Sith seemed like your biggest threat, not the stupid mercenaries.

I think even the Sith have mercenaries on Malachor IIRC

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think even the Sith have mercenaries on Malachor IIRC

No - there were some Sith Commandos, but no mercenaries on Malachor V

I agree that the lack of a cohesive enemy was a failing - and even the Sith, which should have been a menacing threat, were real pushovers. The first Dark Jedi you had to face in K1 on Taris was more difficult than any of the Sith Assassin encounters, and the first encounter with the groups of three Dark Jedi (on Kashyykk or Tatooine) was pretty tough.

I think they were planning to have a similar threat with the HK-50's, but lost interest when the droid factory was cut from content.

U say none of the old sith r good at manipulating. I think ur forgeting about Traya, how she was manipulating u from the get go.

The Sith can manipulate, and we want to see more of that. I think Palpatine was best at it. Kreia was antagonistic and somewhat obvious. Palpatine was better IMO.

Further to that, I wanted my DarkSide PC to be able to manipulate the drongos around me. :angry: :wub:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

However, I don't agree that the multiple villains were a bad thing. On the contrary, the fact that K2 did not have an all black-and-white plot was one of its high points.

I don't have a problem with there being multiple enemies. You faced different enemies in K1, also. My problem is that in K2 the Sith are such a big threat, yet have probably the least amount of screentime as all other enemies. It sort of downplayed the threat they posed. As I said above, the biggest threat in the galaxy seemed to be mercenaries. <_<

GEORGE LUCAS DIVULGES VIDEOGAME VISION

Star Wars's creator reckons the future is all about voice interaction and spiffy AI

14:30 George Lucas it seems, and like a fair few other people we reckon, dreams of a time when videogame AI is proper artificial intelligence - i.e. it's sentient - allowing gamers to interact vocally with videogame characters as they would people in the real word.

Lucas has spoken briefly about his future vision for videogames in a recent interview with Reuters, the Star Wars creator saying that he wants "to get to a point where you can talk to the game and it will talk back". Nice one, George. It is okay if we call you George, right?

LucasArts is probably currently keeping its head low and pretending it doesn't exist as the prospect of investing considerable time, energy and money into developing sentient AI looms over it like, er, 10 Jabba the Hutts. Or something.

right from the mouths of the gd ppl at PC Zone

so wat do u think? possiblity of it being in KOTOR3? one can dream can't they...

Well, I hope you didn't forget that I was building a possible storyline. Maybe they can take things out of my development to start idea's for Kotor III. Maybe you could comment on what you like / don't like. You would notice that in this chapter a lot will become clear as to why I choose to begin in a Sith academy. Why a Jedi spied on this academy and tries to bring you back to the LS and why Revan wouldn't fight you to dead in the start.

Anyway, let's go to Falleen.

Falleen:

On Falleen it is again difficult to make contact with the people first hand. The planet is covered with 85% ocean, 2 continents (the size of Australia for example) and numerous small islands. On the largest continent is where you first set foot. The area you explore is city, then forests and mountains. You come across Kalan Tas, a Dark Jedi who tells you that he discovered that the Falleen are being enslaved by the Sith who probably have a secret base on the planet, on one of the small islands or even underwater, Kalan Tas will join your party here. Kalan fell to the dark side when his homeworld (Possibly Telos) was bombarded by Malak in the Jedi Civil war, he lost his family and sought out to seek Revenge on the Sith. When his Jedi Master didn

Master Vandar lives!

Further to that, I wanted my DarkSide PC to be able to manipulate the drongos around me. :angry: :p

One can argue that KOTOR:2 allowed us to do that via influence.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

My point was that we still only had the puppy-kicking, sack-of-kittens-drowning pantomime evil dialogue options. That's the bit I wanted. (And, iirc, that was actually handled better in K1!)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My point was that we still only had the puppy-kicking, sack-of-kittens-drowning pantomime evil dialogue options. That's the bit I wanted. (And, iirc, that was actually handled better in K1!)

I didn't think they were all so bad. Look at what you can do to that Twi'lek dancer on Citadel station and her "owner" as well as her former boyfriend. That was pretty nasty.

Or the mother in Nar Shaddaa, whom you can convince to sell herself into slavery so she can be with her child. Also nasty.

Sure, it's not all the "evil and manipulative" options which are that imaginative, but then they often weren't in K1 either.

I did like those convos, yes. :)

But they were few and far between, and there were no options like "pretend to act Light whilst plotting to backstab the person", or e.g. lure the Queen into a deathtrap by pretending to help her then killing her, or whatever.

:(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just hope that people don't wander around going "Grahh I'm evil I look horrible but i will still yell at you for doing somthing bad!"

Also I hope we don't have another Goto character. He was utterly useless.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.