KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

people take a look at this and see what you think

Possible Kotor III rumour..

http://www.cad-forums.com/showthread.php?t=40654

Looks like Spam.

Does anyone actually believe "an official representative of Bioware" would post something in a non bioware forum?

It also makes me sick that he said that it took place 14 years after Kotor II which implies that Revan and the Exile are most likely dead and that bothers me big time.

I hope it's NOT TRUE!

But I have patience, we will see if Bioware will post something on their site.

Master Vandar lives!

So, some fellow named "Random Thought" who carries the title of a "Forum n00b" sporting "1" post on the "CAD forums" (sic) posts an alleged press release regarding KotOR3 and the members of Obsidian's community are supposed to comment on it?

Here's a comment: It looks ridiculous. I'm not even going to prune it because it looks so ridiculous that I firmly believe it should remain here so we can ridicule and scorn it. If it turns out to be true, then it is still ridiculous. After all, why did someone at Bioware risk his job to post such information on the CAD forum? On the other hand, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you weren't trying to trawl or spam. I'll believe that maybe you thought this was legitimate news.

However, this serves as a great example for the future. Don't post fake press releases regarding KotOR3 in this thread. This thread is for suggestions regarding any possible KotOR 3 development. When something is officially announced one way or the other, we will undoubtedly take action at that time.

In the future, I will issue warnings for cluttering this thread with fake info.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm also sick of being the "chosen one", I'd rather be a regular Jedi who was just picked by the council to stop some threat.

I admit that it would be nice to be a "regular" Jedi who saw a call, and acted on it. Playing the chosen one, I feel like an actor who was put on stage without knowing lines, and being told they will come to me.

people take a look at this and see what you think

Possible Kotor III rumour..

http://www.cad-forums.com/showthread.php?t=40654

At the moment, it feels more like a "made you look" type post than anything else.

I agree that some of the things they say about what is in the game makes it seem real.... after all, there are ALWAYS new weapons, characters, etc.

I do wonder though that since the last rumor - or rather the rumor last winter - was that the third game had been started, but then shelved because LA laid off the staff, since they decided that the third game was to be done inhouse. And the poster does make a comment about the inhouse staff.... but.... why would Bio be the ones to post the info? LA would be the ones to post it. If it is being done as the "New Project" at Bio, then why would there be a comment about LA laying off the staff? because they would have just moved from project to project at Bio, not been there exclusively for LA.

The other thing is that from what I saw with KotOR2, I would say that LA is the ones who can say when press releases are given, and they will have something on their site first.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game takes place 14 years in the "future" because there is a jump from the first game to the second game too.

First we got some schutta who registered www.kotor3.com and now this person says he wants to sell it for more than $ 200,=.

Now we got another schutta saying that he works for Bioware and says that Kotor 3 is in development.

And I also just found an almost unused forum on www.kotor3.net and another schutta claimed that Obsidian is going to make this game. Kotor3net.

How many more of these schutta's are there to come?!

I do hope that Kotor III features:

Both Revan and Exile back in the game (doesn't have to be NPC's and hopefully also will not be PC's either).

Some planets which "have" to be in the game:

Coruscant

Myrkr

Falleen

Sleheyron

Ziost

Some species which also "have" to be NPC in this game:

A Yoda / Yaddle / Vandar species

HK-47

T3-M4

How about a Dark Jedi who hates the Sith I mentioned in my story

a Rodian

The Ebon Hawk

Customizable Lightsaber hilts

Robes with hoods you can put up/down

Armors with Helmets, so we don't have to look upon an ugly face sometimes.

Master Vandar lives!

14 years?  Meh.  I was hoping it'd continued sooner than that.  Oh well.  Question: is it a valid rumor?

Bastila Skywalker posted it. How valid can anything she posts be?

Aww, poor Bastila. And another thing, didn't Bioware say they wouldn't be doing K3, anyway? So I guess that shoots that little rumor down. Sorry, Bastila Skywalker.

I think the game could go to the planet Kuat (Home of Kuat Drive Yards), where the Ebon Hawk (or some other ship) can get ship upgrades (maybe for free after doing some side quest?)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Aww, poor Bastila.  And another thing, didn't Bioware say they wouldn't be doing K3, anyway?  So I guess that shoots that little rumor down.  Sorry, Bastila Skywalker.

I was actually being serious in case people who are new to the site or this thread didn't know her penchant for posting any and EVERY single thing she sees about K3, regardless of how credible the topic is.

This last post of hers is the perfect example, quoting a user with ONE post to his credit who claimed to be from BioWare.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I disagree with this since Kotor games are not made for battle only. Think about Disabling mines, repairing droids, working with computers.

Other than that, if you for example go LS in stead of DS or the other way you might want to choose different characters in your party.

And then there is the case that if you have fewer NPC's and you don't like a certain character you are stuck with him/her because you sometimes need this character for a certain part.

To me, in Kotor I Bastila stayed on the ship most of the time.

Kotor II: Almost never used: GO-TO

Least Used: Disciple, Handmaiden, Bao Dur.

I do think that I pretty often used a character who have both Stealth and Demolition skill since this is very practical on Goto's Yacht and on the path before Freedon Nadd's tomb. Mostly Mira or Atton but it could also be done with Visas.

Quantity is not a substitute for quality. What you state can easily be accomplished with a few party members; there is no need for twelve. And the problem with many party members, which you ignored, is that they characters seem doomed to be shallow; almost as if there is a set amount of effort for party members in the budget, and it is allocated regardless of the quantity. Under those circumstances I would rather have one decent party member than ten pointless ones.

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Aww, poor Bastila.  And another thing, didn't Bioware say they wouldn't be doing K3, anyway?  So I guess that shoots that little rumor down.  Sorry, Bastila Skywalker.

I was actually being serious in case people who are new to the site or this thread didn't know her penchant for posting any and EVERY single thing she sees about K3, regardless of how credible the topic is.

This last post of hers is the perfect example, quoting a user with ONE post to his credit who claimed to be from BioWare.

Well, much as I agree with your conclusion, the method you use to obtain it is not as sound as you might have us believe. If I were to adopt a guise for diseminating clandestine intel, I wouldn't use my usual everybody-knows-it's-me account; I would create a new one and use that.

Still, it is patent nonsense that news of a sequel would appear on such a message board; having just outlined the tactic, the obvious place to deploy it would be on LA, Bioware or OE boards (or the third party developer who has won the K3 contract, of course).

And Bastila, I know you are easily excitable, but posting every incredulous rumour from any crackpot is just an exercise in futility. Don't worry, if and when a developer is assigned, we'll all be in no doubt. Even if that takes a while from now to bear fruit, the plus side is there is less time to wait until the game is released.

Anyway that's my Ideas and Suggestions for the KOTOR III

Welcome to the forum.

What, no hooded robes and customisable lightsabre hilts? :lol::thumbsup:"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In KOTOR II you find out that Revan has gone to look for the

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

So, some fellow named "Random Thought" who carries the title of a "Forum n00b" sporting "1" post on the "CAD forums" (sic) posts an alleged press release regarding KotOR3 and the members of Obsidian's community are supposed to comment on it?

Here's a comment:  It looks ridiculous.  I'm not even going to prune it because it looks so ridiculous that I firmly believe it should remain here so we can ridicule and scorn it.  If it turns out to be true, then it is still ridiculous.  After all, why did someone at Bioware risk his job to post such information on the CAD forum?  On the other hand, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you weren't trying to trawl or spam.  I'll believe that maybe you thought this was legitimate news.

However, this serves as a great example for the future.  Don't post fake press releases regarding KotOR3 in this thread.  This thread is for suggestions regarding any possible KotOR 3 development.  When something is officially announced one way or the other, we will undoubtedly take action at that time.

In the future, I will issue warnings for cluttering this thread with fake info.

I agree that this rumor looks quite bogus, but aren't you being a little overzealous? Bastilla only posted a link, and she even said "possible KotOR3 rumor", suggesting to me that she was herself doubtful about its veracity. I'd be skeptical too, if she (or anyone else) had posted the text itself here as a fake press release, but she can't even post a link? I mean, it's not as if there aren't a lot of peculiar links on these boards...

As for the rumor itself, yes, it looks totally untrue. "Hi, this is the real KotOR3 news and I'll spill it. You won't see it confirmed or denied by the devs yet, because they're just redoing their site, but just take my word for it!" - Yeah right... The devs conveniently being unable to confirm or deny smells more than a little fishy to me.

Still, I'm quite happy to read all the rediculous K3 rumors I can find. But until I see actual confirmation of one on the Lucasarts site, I'll take whatever I hear or read with several grains of salt, and I advice others to do the same... Speculation can fun, but it's still just speculation.

Thanks for your comments Kaymon Jinn.

I agree with you that Revan is one of the most important characters there are in this game.

And if the next game is made without Coruscant, the all to often phrased customizable lightsaber hilts and the hooded robes. Then the developers are loosing some money because, well all of us wouldn't go to the stores the first day it comes out, that's why! And maybe have enough patience to wait for half a year because it's getting cheaper by then.

I like your idea about starting in a True Sith Prison. Quiet similar to my idea to start in an academy.

About including Master Vandar? Well, I took a lot of critism about this and I guess this is a bit unbelievable. Well, if you have read the book "Champions of the Force", last novel of the Jedi Academy trilogy, you would think differently about unbelievability.

Okay I tell about impossible stuff written there. A fighter size ship called the Sun Crusher with Quadruple armor, able to withstand every kind of damage. But not the Super Laser of a Death Star was flying with Kyp Durron as pilot (Kyp is Jedi) between black holes in the Kessel system to lure the Death Star to one of the Black holes to destroy the small moon sized space station.

Then the Superlaser hits the Sun Crusher and send it in a uncontollable spin.

Kyp will brake some of his bones to fit himself into a message cylinder of 1 meter long and maybe 30 cm wide. Then the message cylinder is launched from the Crusher. The Death star meanwhile is sucked up by the black hole and explodes.

Then the Millenium falcon picks up the message cylinder and a very surprised Han Solo opens it and sees Kyp Durron inside and Kyp is going to be okay.

Now, how would someone be able to brake his bones, launch himself in a small message in only a few seconds?

Then avoid a super blast of a ship the size of Australia and then in such a big void of space be seen and picked up by a legendary freighter called the Millenium Falcon?

Sounds impossible stuff from an overexcited writer no doubt.

O yeah, forgot to mention. Kyp Durron is such a very very powerful Jedi who could actually maneuver the Sun crusher from the Gas Giant of Yavin directly to Yavin IV.

The republic wanted to destroy the Sun Chrusher by flying it into the Gas Giant Yavin. That failed, and Kyp went on a killing spree with it to destroy the Empire. That's where I got the idea of a Sith hating Dark Jedi to become a party member.

Back on topic. If we would all agree to it that the final (we at least think it's the final of this series, don't we) chapter should include a Yoda/Yaddle/Vandar species to our NPC's then maybe they will take it into consideration. Let's hope for the best.

Master Vandar lives!

Still, I'm quite happy to read all the rediculous K3 rumors I can find. But until I see actual confirmation of one on the Lucasarts site, I'll take whatever I hear or read with several grains of salt, and I advice others to do the same... Speculation can fun, but it's still just speculation.

Yeah, speculation. I do remember a topic on the Bioware boards where a software store posted a link to preorder: "Kotor II, The Sith Lords". Hehe, it leaked and that was 3 weeks before Lucasarts made it's first announcement on their site.

Master Vandar lives!

Bastilla initially said the game was officially announced.  I think that is why people are upset.

The game is not officially announced until we see a Press Release from LucasArts as they own KOTOR.

Bastila also likes to post EVERY single thing she reads about it, regardless of who the information is by.

If it was her first or second time posting nonsense rumors, it would have passed without comment. But she seems to clutter decent threads with inane "OMG KOTOR3 IS BEING MADE!!!" threads, and then you click on the link and find out that some janitor that has a friend who works at McDonald's talked to someone who bought a hamburger who is related to someone who said that K3 is confirmed.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Normally, I'd reply to questions regarding moderator decisions with a PM. I'd also rather have questions regarding my decisions sent to me via PM. On the other hand, I will, as long as it doesn't devolve into a long discussion of my decision, give you an account of why I'm so zealous.

If we take up space in the KotOR 3 suggestions thread with wild rumors, then there's going to be a good chance the threads are going to spin wildly off topic and they'll be closed. I'd rather keep these threads open and let folks discuss suggestions.

The reason I was a bit stern in this case is simply because I'd already deleted a post regarding this rumor and admonished folks not to engage in rumor mongering in this thread. What I said will remain in effect for the time being.

However, I honestly do appreciate folks who take the time to discuss things with me in an open and candid fashion. The only thing I ask is that you engage in this discussion via PMs so we don't derail the threads.

This thread is reserved for suggestions in the hopes that, should Obsidian actually turn out to be the developer for KotOR 3, the design team maybe reads through the thread and discusses things.

I can see a number of reasons to be lenient or strict regarding the decision, and I will ask my fellow mods for advice. I welcome advice via PMs from other members as well. Nonetheless, in the meantime, the rule still stands. No rumor mongering in the suggestions thread.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I agree with Eldar that this thread should be used specifically for Ideas and Suggestions regarding KotOR3. There are potentially so many rumors, and I'm sure they will just expand exponentially, that to add them to this thread would cause the thread to no longer do what we had set it to do.

Please keep the thread clean, or as clean as we can, and not cause it to be closed because more speculation is popping up.

How about a "KOTOR 3 Rumor Mill" thread?

DAWUSS

That would just be useless clutter, considering 95% of the rumors are moronic to begin with.

I think having a suggestions thread is fine, and if/when the game is OFFICIALLY announced, then people can post about that.

Actually, we have been talking about it. And have decided that we will start a rumor thread - but it will be in the computer and console forum. Chances are that there will be more rumors coming up in the near future and there have certainly been more that people think have been truth. Having a new thread will allow for posters to keep the suggestions thread closer to just being suggestions.