KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :)

See previous threads:

Note: The last thread was closed due to too much chatter/nonconstructive posting. If the topic is exhausted - which it may be - please do not post what I'd like to call the geckling stream of conscious ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

why not have a player customization on par with that in DefJam: Fight for NY? the build of your face, facial hair, hair cut, what you wear, how much bling-bling you have, that sort of thing

Well, it wouldn't work in the first and second Kotor because:

Kotor 1: The revelation

Kotor 2: The "Dark Jedi" shadow in the tomb on Korriban

IMO Kotor III should have lots of faces, or play as a different species if this is possible. I am tired of the fact that you can give your character any name you wish though. Why? People always call you something like: Jedi, offworlder, visitor, human etc.

Um:

1. In K1 you could customise your PC's look, gender, even height, so I'm not sure what you mean; that particular scene was not pre-rendered (obviously).

2. Again, this wasn't a pre-rendered scene, so I am at a loss as to what you mean exactly about the Dark Jedi:

• Revan was in her mask and cape, and
  • the Exile was a mirror image.

3. The NPCs call the Exile "Jedi", "Offworlder", scuzzball

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

haven't ever seen a saberwhip but I've heard of a Lightstaff.

I think you should also be able to hid the fact your a jedi. Like making your lightsaber into a fake Hydrospanner or somthing. Also just remove the Robes and TADAAA your a Scout, Soldier, or Scoundrel again (what is it with the S names?)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

haven't ever seen a saberwhip but I've heard of a Lightstaff.

I think you should also be able to hid the fact your a jedi. Like making your lightsaber into a fake Hydrospanner or somthing. Also just remove the Robes and TADAAA your a Scout, Soldier, or Scoundrel again (what is it with the S names?)

For the love of God, how many times must I say that Jedi don't hide! They do not pretend to be scouts or soldiers, they lead from the front. Look at Obi-Wan in AotC: straight into Kamino, lets everyone know who he is, where he's from, what he's doing.

Ok, Sith and Darths might do it, but not Jedi.

No sneaking around! (Except for Luke in RotJ, but that was only from Vader, and not from any combatants: that is just tactical).

Saberwhips are part of the EU canon demented fanboy febrile delusions  :(

Leatherish looking powered armor existed in KotOR as a buyable at Yavin Station.  :blink:

Woo woo! Me for the win!  :D

The preferred term is Saber-Chucks, and I say that the suggestion is pure gold.

Yeah! :p

(I'm sure the reason for their lack of popularity is due to the extreme consequences of any combat-related self-inflicted injuries ... :shifty: )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Jedi in Kotor hide. Whether it's in accord with what happens in the movies, and arguably it's not (although Obi-Wan was hiding in the Tattooine deserts for years :( ), but anyway, the Jedi in Kotor hide and sneak. Juhani is an example, if you like. So Kotor 3 would be better off following on from Kotors 1 and 2.

If you then want to start a new series in the same timeframe, but more closely inspired by the movies, that would work, too. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Saber sword for teh win.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's funny that in Star Wars lexicon 'Saber' has come to stand for the humming shiny extension.

I want the opportunity to have 4 members in my party so that:

I may equip one with Light-Katanas, one with a Light-Bo, the other with Light-Nunchukas and the next one with Light-Sai

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Jedis do hide / deceive / disguise their intentions ... when it's tactically sound:

- Ep2: Anakin was tasked with protecting Padme, and they travelled incognito to Naboo; Obi-wan used tactical deception to evade Jango Fett in the asteroid field and then follow him to the planet's surface, and spy on the separatist meeting

- Ep3: Obi-Wan on Utapao - arrived with a flourish, then hid and remained behind as his ship returned in order to sneak up on General Greivous (granted, he dropped in on Greivous in just about the most "unsubtle" way since the "hostile negotiations" on the droid ship at the beginning of Ep1); the Jedi Council asked Anakin to spy on Chancellor Palpatine

- Ep4: Obi-Wan suggested hiding once the Millenium Falcon was being tractored into the Death Star - even Han Solo complained about all the "sneaking around", and then made his way from the hangar to the tractor beam power deal and back without being detected by anyone but Vader (who probably still had some of the "force bond" left over with his old master)

I see LS Jedi Sentinels and Watchmen as investigators, and as such stealth and deception have their place. I just wish stealth worked a bit better, or the adversaries and PC's had three modes of awareness - in the d20 system, a "take 0" mode for running/fighting, a "take 10" mode for casual observation (while walking), and a "take 20" mode for active searching (standing still). The default mode for anything but a stationary droid/turret on guard duty should be "take 10" until a stealthed PC/NPC is initially detected, then switch to "take 20" with a visible change of stance (giving an alert Jedi PC a chance to "mind trick" them back to "take 10").

As far as disguising your lightsaber as something else (a hydrospanner, etc.) - I think that's probably going a bit too far - just keep it up your sleeve (like Palpatine).

It's funny that in Star Wars lexicon 'Saber' has come to stand for the humming shiny extension.

I want the opportunity to have 4 members in my party so that:

I may equip one with Light-Katanas, one with a Light-Bo, the other with Light-Nunchukas and the next one with Light-Sai

Will they eat pizza and live in a sewer?

It would be nice (or at least different) to start Kotor 3 as part of a team or gang that was already established. It would make a change from always starting alone and confused and gaining allies one by one. The relationships with your team could be interesting; there might be romances, betrayals, personality clashes and a dramatic death. :(

Pizza is optional.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

It would be nice (or at least different) to start Kotor 3 as part of a team or gang that was already established.  It would make a change from always starting alone and confused and gaining allies one by one.  The relationships with your team could be interesting; there might be romances, betrayals, personality clashes and a dramatic death. :(

Pizza is optional.

One party member (maybe two) could be a pizza baker, and you could ask him to make you a pizza (y'know, just like when T3 makes you computer spikes etc). Then with every pizza you ate you would suffer a penalty to DEX, CON and CHA, but gain influence with the baker. When you've unlocked his entire conversation tree (turning into a disgustingly obese Jabba the Hutt impersonator in the process) he'd give you Force Swell, which instead gains you a +15 bonus to CON (impenetrable FAT) for 30 seconds every time you use it. Really neat when low on HP in a hairy battle.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

It would be nice (or at least different) to start Kotor 3 as part of a team or gang that was already established.  It would make a change from always starting alone and confused and gaining allies one by one.  The relationships with your team could be interesting; there might be romances, betrayals, personality clashes and a dramatic death. :)

Pizza is optional.

Yes, except building a team or gang is part of the fun, and where is the challenge if you start off with a bunch of people you don't even know? I agree that K2 did it wrong by keeping you alone for a very long time, but K1 had it right with one companion right from the beginning and then building on that.

However, I'm still hoping that K3 will begin with a young jedi PC with his or her own master from the very beginning, sort of like a Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan thing, where you take the apprentice part.

And stop talking about pizza - you're making me hungry! :thumbsup:

Okay so now someone would like a pizza baker as an NPC. Sorry, I guess Kotor isn't a humor game just yet. Good idea though.

Now that I have read two storyline propasals I have also developed a storyline. I would appreciate your input.

Your main character is this time again a human male/female just like in Kotor II, new to this character is that he/she has a fixed name or 2 or 3 name options at most, about 18 years old and was a Young jedi who was captured on Dantooine during Darth Malak's attack. Because of his/her strong affinity with the force he/she was sent to a Sith Academy on Dagobah. You can level up your character to level 4 on the start (this to make it reasonable consdiering you spend some time with the jedi and in the Sith academy). The story will start 2 years after the end of Kotor II.

Like the other stories I will also divide the stories in a lot of parts.

The planets you will visit are:

Dagobah

Chandrila

Coruscant

Myrkr

Falleen

Sleheyron

Khar Delba

Khar Shian

Ziost

Influence:

It would this time be possible to gain LS / DS points in personal dialog, but you will have the option to gain influence with answering truthfully or to lie, you will be able to get LS or DS points (whatever your preference is). Gaining influence with HK-47 and LS points at the same time is now possible. On the planets themselves you do get influence + LS/DS points (LS / DS acts). Other than that, if a character falls to the DS or becomes a LSider his/her appearance and way of thinking chances.

-------------------

Part 1: Dagobah

-------------------

This is where you start, on the Sith academy on Dagobah. After you wake up, you speak with your best friend in the academy, Trisha Vale.

Quick Bio:

-------------

Trisha Vale

-------------

Female Human

Jedi Guardian

60% Light Side

Double phased Lightsaber (a new one for Kotor III, this lightsaber can be extended which makes it more difficult to handle but the advantages in lightsaber / melee combat are great)

Trisha is a Jedi Spy, very good at infiltration, combat, if she is in your party a force persuade will most likely always succeed and as a Jedi Guardian with the special lightsaber almost unbeatable. Tougher then Juhani.

For the fans: there is male romance option with this character.

You talk to her about some history, the time you had spend in the Jedi Academy who denied you too see your family, denied you to love etc. Then the conversation goes about Revan who defeated Malak and the Star Forge and (you get the hint) you can tell what Revan is (male / female, LS/DS). Even after what the Sith had done for you, spend time with your family, gave you a lot of power in a short time, you have doubts about there ways. This is why Trisha is your best friend since she is the only person in the academy who does actually listen and understands you and never betrayed you. After your early conversation you pick up your Dark Padawan Robes and clip your (unable to upgrade) Red lightsaber to your belt.

Shortly after, all alarms in the Sith academy are ringing. Master Arath, the head of the academy is broadcasting a message that the Jedi have entered the academy and are fighting all the students. He calls to all loyal Sith to draw lightsabers and fight. Instinct tells you to fight and you see no one other than Revan on the screen killing Master Arath. Trisha says,

Master Vandar lives!