KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Oh, just let them fight each other and one wierd move on both of them they behead each other at the same time.  Then they can roll credits.

That would be the best for KotOR 3.

Y'know, if you really don't want to see KOTOR3, you can just avoid posting or viewing this thread. o:)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'd rather not see a Revan vs. Exile fight, mainly because that would imply one of them was the protagonist.

Then what would that leave Kreia's foresight into the future?

... well, I guess a point could be made that if the two fight, then Kreia wins as the Exile is still being played by her even after death

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I like the wrong place wrong time method.  How about this idea, you are just some poor schmoe out on the rim where Revan and Exile show up and face a baddie which kills both of them, then walks away.

You are there as a witness to the death of two powerful jedi/sith and the act of their murders creates a huge rumble in the force making the character force sensitive and almost on the level of power of Revan and Exile.

o:)

Stupidest idea ever.  o:)

... And every Sith thinks you murdered (pick Revan or Exile) and every Republican thinks you murdered (pick the other one) and so the entire galaxy is after you ... and you don't even know what to do, and everyone thinks you have all the answers ... sort like Monty Python's Life of Brian meets Half-Life ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I doubt the developer would go to great lengths to have the Exile fight Revan and then NOT have them as a central focus of the game.

... Except if it was the method of choice to introduce the non-Chosen-One protagonist of the third game!

Meta, that would be a great game.  Star Wars meets Monty Python!  Sheer GENIUS!

Thank you. It's a pity that I've told you all about it, because now I can't sell it to them. o:)

I'd rather not see a Revan vs. Exile fight, mainly because that would imply one of them was the protagonist.

Then what would that leave Kreia's foresight into the future?

Ah, they'd just have someone in a cantina make some background comment about how Kreia was so twisted by her own warped world-view (or should that be galaxy-view?) that she couldn't see straight.

... well, I guess a point could be made that if the two fight, then Kreia wins as the Exile is still being played by her even after death

o:)

Kreia is the one true prophet. She will inspire the Anti-Force-Sensitives to destroy the Force and restore Free Will to the peoples of the galaxy.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'll bet anyone right now that if/when KOTOR3 is made, the new PC will be so over the top powerful that he'll make Revan and the Exile seem like bit characters.

He'll be level 50 to start with, then grow to level 100. He'll be able to take all 3 prestige classes, combining all their strengths but disregarding each class's weakness.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'll bet anyone right now that if/when KOTOR3 is made, the new PC will be so over the top powerful that he'll make Revan and the Exile seem like bit characters.

He'll be level 50 to start with, then grow to level 100.  He'll be able to take all 3 prestige classes, combining all their strengths but disregarding each class's weakness.

Smells a little bit like Diablo.

BTW A Revan vs Exile would be lame. They are both good guys/girls now and would work together if they were in K3.

He'll be level 50 to start with, then grow to level 100.  He'll be able to take all 3 prestige classes, combining all their strengths but disregarding each class's weakness.

Weaknesses? o:)

Smells a little bit like Diablo.

BTW A Revan vs Exile would be lame. They are both good guys/girls now and would work together if they were in K3.

They might want to *both* be the leader.

Also, Revan was the super-strategist; it would make sense that she has thought up a major plan whose intricacies no-one else could fathom and therefore had not been considered ... and that she would not be able to tell the Exile about it, for fear of failure (whether due to betrayal or incompetence) ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A late response to Hawk's lastest chapter for a K3 plot.

Not sure about Falleen as a background, since the details don't seem important to the plot to me (not that I have a problem with it).

I do like Kalan Tas, though. A Sith-hating Dark Jedi. That's not a character we see often in Star Wars - well done. I think in the strictly black/white universe of Star Wars, this character would forced to be a Sith, but I still think he works well as a character. It's probably more appropriate to say that will inescapably become Sith himself if continues to be fueled by his anger, hatred and vengeance (and so continues to use the dark side), even though he would never see it that way himself. But I digress...

Never heard of the nighthunters before, but I assume you have some specific in mind for this one, since it otherwise doesn't seem to serve much purpose in the plot.

I see you use Exile/Nihilus the same way I did. Not about to argue against that, obviously :unsure:

I'm not nearly as hot on the son/daughter of Revan idea, though. If Revan is your mother/father, then it certainly begs the question of who the other parent is. Besides, I don't get the impression that Revan is old enough to have a grown child (let alone the fact that jedi aren't supposed to have children at all). Also, you said that the plot began two years after K2. The problem with that is that this would be only 12 years after the Mandalorian wars, and Revan and Malak were both still pretty young at that time (remember, they were the young, rising heroes of the jedi, who defied the stuffy old ways of the masters).

But even if that could be reconciled, I'm still not hot on the idea itself. In K1 my character was the fallen dark lord, who had a destiny to filful, whether I liked it or not. In K2 I'm the Exile who is returning the Republic as the last of the jedi. I'm really tired of the "chosen one" device, because it reduces my actions to being defined by my destiny instead of my choices. I'd rather play a jedi like any other who just make extraordinary choices and performs significant acts.

I mean, Waddo even says it in your plot:

Waddo: And now that you see what has happened, we are fortunate to have you returned to us. We knew that we could not place fate in Revan

Master Vandar lives!

Please do not post information regarding KotOR 3 unless you have a reliable source at the ready to back it up.

There's a difference between saying, "hey, I heard Bioware is developing KotOR 3" and posting something that looks like a press release. I suppose I hate to say something is enitrely fabricated just on the .000003% chance that it's legitimate. Still, while I don't think bald faced conjecture is good, it's certainly better than trying to pass off something that looks like a bogus press release.

I'm pruning the post in question and asking that folks refrain from trying to pass pure conjecture/entirely fabricated press releases as actual information regarding the game.

Please PM me personally if you have questions. I'd rather not lock the thread.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I doubt the developer would go to great lengths to have the Exile fight Revan and then NOT have them as a central focus of the game.

The lightsaber battle between Vader and Obi-Wan was a major point in the original film, but neither of them were the protagonist of that story...

I think they could do something like that if they wanted. For example, you could have a different main character, and yet establish that Revan or Exile has turned DS and that only the other can fight him/her.

Kinda reminds me of a Rancor...

Anyway, on to the popular topic of the moment; I believe one of them (probably Revan) fell to the dark side regardless of what they did when they were a PC. I think one of them has to fall to the dark side, I mean, why would 2 Jedi fight each other to the death? If they both want to restore the same peace to the galaxy, why would be against each other trying to do so? That'd be like Obi-Wan fighting Yoda to the death, when both are protectors of the peace.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

One thing I think we should discuss a bit more concerns the NPCs or companions you have in the KotOR games.

In K1 you had nine companions, but to be perfectly honest, I used very few of them. I never used T3, at all. I took him from the droid shop to the Sith Base on Taris, so that he could unlock the door (since only he can do that) and then dropped him before entering - I never used him after that.

Zaalbar was another forgettable character. It was cool to have your own wookiee pal, but as soon as you got real jedi in the group, he soon went into retirement on the Ebon Hawk. Same for Canderous and HK-47. HK-47 was only used in the sandpeople encounter on Tatooine, and after Taris, Carth was used only when the plot demanded it.

But bad though that might be, you actually have more companions in K2 - 10 in all, and there are actually 12 potential companions depending on alignment and gender. Yet the problem persists - you use only very few of them. Though more of them can be jedi now, you still can use only two next to your PC, and building them is less significant, since the game forces you to be alone during major parts of the plot.

So what's the use of having all these NPCs at all? I doubt anybody ever uses them all. Does anyone ever use Mandalore, except on the Ravager when you have no other choice? Does anybody ever use GOTO at all? How about HK-47 and T3 (after Peragus)? I usually just you Kreia (bonus xp) and whatever other jedi is more convenient (Disciple, if I play female, since he can restore force points for me).

I think they should make a lot of NPCs more temporary in K3. If it's unlikely you'll use a certain character beyond a certain point, then that character might as well leave the group.

I disagree with this since Kotor games are not made for battle only. Think about Disabling mines, repairing droids, working with computers.

Other than that, if you for example go LS in stead of DS or the other way you might want to choose different characters in your party.

And then there is the case that if you have fewer NPC's and you don't like a certain character you are stuck with him/her because you sometimes need this character for a certain part.

To me, in Kotor I Bastila stayed on the ship most of the time.

Kotor II: Almost never used: GO-TO

Least Used: Disciple, Handmaiden, Bao Dur.

I do think that I pretty often used a character who have both Stealth and Demolition skill since this is very practical on Goto's Yacht and on the path before Freedon Nadd's tomb. Mostly Mira or Atton but it could also be done with Visas.

Master Vandar lives!