How many titles are in development then?

DemonKing

Actually, that might be what they want us to think. Since it could be both, it's the best way to keep us in the dark.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a lie I tell you, don't belive them, it's all just a lie!!! When you install a game developed at OESSB they will hack on to our computers and delete all our games including my tetris. Be frighten now, PANIK!!!!!

But they will deny everything, they will say it confidential, but I now the truth. They can't fool me!

Whats OESSB you ask, well i'l tell you. OESSB is Obsidian entertainment secret service boys. B)

So now that I now your litle game :angry:

:) please, please, please, please... thell us what are you developing.

I gues it's confidential again. So be it :p

Seriously now:

When are you planing to anounce what are you developing. Month, two, a year.

Please tell us and we will drop the question what are you developing. That would make us realy happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well, well.... Obsidian entertainment then, huh?! Figures. Anyway, you guys probably don't remember, but I've been following your footsteps since the good ol' days of Fallout. "Sigh" Good to know the tradition of the Black Isle is a die hard. Kudos to you, Obsidian dudes. May you live long and prosper. And make us some great c-rpgs. Or we will call Governor Arnold. hehe Kidding.

Anyway, does it mean we can finally trash Interplay? Spit on their porch for all those stupid decisions that ruled out games we would have loved and, instead, created some crappy versions of every-other-game-out-there? I'm confident you won't get the same easy-money, oldest-profession-in-the-world like approach to creating games as those scumbags did. Don't let us fans down. Power to the people!!

Oh, and what CAN you tell us? We're desperate here! Desperate I tell you...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, whatever it is, its coming from a good developer. If they happen to be hiring more, well, it could just mean that the project has become bigger than imagined, not necessarily that there's more than one. Either way, hiring usually means the free resources to pay more people, which means they're probably heading in the right direction.

Anyway,  does it mean we can finally trash Interplay? Spit on their porch for all those stupid decisions that ruled out games we would have loved and, instead, created some crappy versions of every-other-game-out-there? I'm confident you won't get the same easy-money, oldest-profession-in-the-world like approach to creating games as those scumbags did.

Se no reason why you can't join in in the IP bashing that been going on since november last year. Join in, everybody except ShadowPalladin have. :lol:

Anyway, I sure hope that Obsidian will be making great CRPG in the coming future. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have thought for a while that they had already lined up their second project after reading one of Feargus's posts at RPGCodex that he wrote way back in January, where he said,

"So, the question is - in all of your minds does combat have to be TB to be game that you all like? I've been thinking a lot about game that we are going to make and maybe some small games that we'll make and publish ourselves and I'm trying to figure out what makes the most sense from a combat perspective..."

, so ignoring the rest of that statement and just looking at the part where he talks about a game they will be making, I assumed they had lined up their second game. However, I suppose this could have just been him talking about a pet project that they all want to make and was thinking long term about a game they will make someday. But, it could also refer to their second project, which maybe they have already lined up a while back.

It does seem to me that the recent hiring is to gear up for project 2 and not just to cushion KOTOR2, IMO

*sigh* there's no confirmation that KOTOR2 is Delaware, although it is definitely possible, even likely. The employment roster proves that OE has, or intends to have, more than its 'original' 20, thus more than one developer team if they continue their policies, meaning they might have another project, which is not signed yet. In fact, I'm leaning towards that.

I still think that delaware is a new rpg (probably something like fallout) that uses Bioware's KOTOR game engine.

if it uses the game engine but isn't the game, then what do you think it is?

You are being mean now ;)

So you are playing Good Mod/Bad Mod...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I still think that delaware is a new rpg (probably something like fallout) that uses Bioware's KOTOR game engine.

if it uses the game engine but isn't the game, then what do you think it is?

You are being mean now :p

So you are playing Good Mod/Bad Mod...

It is easier to play when nothing serious is happening, though it does seem strange that I'm playing by myself. My thought on posting that comes from having read that post numreous times and I still couldn't figure out what he was actually saying.

ok now we know 4 sure that is kotor 2, but i can explain.

when i say same game engine i mean... all those fps that used quake3 or unreal tournament game engine (with some modifications)... something like that but kotor engine plus some post-apocalipse theme, story, items and whatever. cant see whats difficult to understand :rolleyes:

something like that but kotor engine plus some post-apocalipse theme, story, items and whatever. cant see whats difficult to understand

KotOR engine???Hmph!!I can`t say i agree because the graphic engine(in PCs) is problematic :angry: and i hope the devs have made KotOR 2 engine better :blink:

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

We just love hiring people, to be honest. The interviewing process makes us feel all warm and cozy.

In that case,

Tell F.U. to get it in gear and produce a Traveller title !!!

Or I'll beat him severely with a wet noodle...

(J/K F.U., J/K )

:blink: :D :lol:

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

better watch out FU, i've heard howling1 is quite proud of his wet noodle beatings and he dangles the thing around in public just to prove it!

oh, hehe...

taks

comrade taks... just because.