Please please read...

Muhakda

I've heard some bad news...Revenge of the sith has been copied all over the country and is being illegally sold, costing Lucas tons of money....This was depressing to hear this...Revenge of the Sith is about the most anticipated movie of all time, and only we the fans can make it a memorable moment in movie history...I also heard this movie was available on the internet to download....If we want this movie to smash box-office records, we need to do all we can to make this happen....

Please, coming from a very dedicated star wars fan, I am asking you to delete, do not buy, or get rid of any copies you have of revenge of the sith you have...support the cause see it in theaters...I am going to see it 50 times if possible or necessary...I feel this illegal downloading and selling of the movie wrong, and unloyal...

Like I said, this is coming from a very dedicated star wars fan, as I'm sure you are as well...if anyone feels the same way, please make another post and spread the word...

Why care now? this has been happening for years now it star wars we should care. 8) Its Lucas own fault for making the movie so wanted. people don't want to stand inline in crowded theather to watch movie. Is it wrong but people can talk to there makers. Maybe it'll make record of the most illegal download movie of all time. ;) I will pay for it twice once for now and when it comes on dvd.

Heh. I have bigger causes to worry about than doing my part to ensure that Lucas' latest film is not only the highest grossing movie of all time, but the highest grossing film of all time by a slightly greater margin (it is #1 of all time in release day revenues, as of now). Really, regardless of how good or bad or (far more likely) largely irrelevant to Lucasfilm's profits the distribution of a crappy workprint of ROTS on the web is, taking the thwarting of its distribution up as a cause seems a bit silly.

Only in the MPAA's deluded world of copyright-obsessed schizophrenia could the bootlegging of a lousy pre-release workprint amongst a bunch of nerds constitute a cause to be fought for.

So too much is not enough? I mean, the movie is already breaking every record out there, despite it being out for download already. And who cares if it breaks any records or not? That's just silly.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is this a joke? I am not endorsing piracy but the harm to the movie industry that is attributed to piracy is waaaaaay overrated.

There are a few crappy CAMs out there but they are nothing to worry about. The one thing that would make me pissed if I was GL is the workprint circulating on the net - someone obviously stole it (in the traditional sense)

What is a workprint? Is it one of those with the time code visible in the corner?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Please, coming from a very dedicated star wars fan, I am asking you to delete, do not buy, or get rid of any copies you have of revenge of the sith you have...support the cause see it in theaters...I am going to see it 50 times if possible or necessary...I feel this illegal downloading and selling of the movie wrong, and unloyal...

I'm not overly concerned with George Lucas' bank balance, but illegal downloading is indeed wrong, because it undermines the idea of intellectual property and threatens the livelihoods of small independent artists.

What does smashing a box-office record prove? That Revenge of the Sith is a great movie in the tradition of Titanic , perhaps?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Phhh, Im waiting til the DVD

rip

comes out...

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think paying for pirated things sorts of defeats the purpouse of it. And CAMs/Telesyncs should be forbidden for the good of humanity. If I had made a film and it was pirated, Id want the downloaders to enjoy it with the best in resolution and sound.

I don't do illegal copies myself, not because it would hurt the industry, but simply due to the fact that I prefer to see movies in the cinema, and actually have DVD cover n' all that special features shi t they usually jam in there. ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I only spend money on real films(artsy ones) and the rest is on Canal+

..but I actually consider myself entitled to download a "copy" of a film Ive paid 7-9euro for in a theatre. Id never buy crap like SW on DVD.

Welp I know I refuse outright to buy pirated stuff.

Personally think there should be GLOBAL laws for this sorta stuff with 10+ years imprisonment for spreading or downloading or purchasing known pirated material.

Ill wait for the Star wars Geeks to slow down and then go see movie once in theater and if its good ill buy the DvD at Walmart or Blockbuster.

Maybe its a good thing this happening to a franchise that people so passionate about though. Sometimes it takes something really mainstream to kick others into action. Be it a movie, a computer game, music, whatever, pirateing and supporting pirated material should be a serious crime and treated as a serious crime with sever consiquences.

10+ years imprisonment for spreading or downloading or purchasing known pirated material.

>_< That would mean putting more then half the population in the slammer

Personally think there should be GLOBAL laws for this sorta stuff with 10+ years imprisonment for spreading or downloading or purchasing known pirated material.

Get real.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

i dont really mind downloading stuff for free because it usually means a compromise in quality but usually when you pay for these pirate copies and such the money goes to people who you would probably despise had you ever known about them.

Thieves should be punished. Only the greedy STEAL.

I agree. However, it's debatable whether downloading stuff is stealing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

slashdot

There needs to be a paradigm shift with the whole copyright / patent process. There is evidence to suggest that free distribution does not have a strong correlation to sales of copyright material, and may even have the reverse effect. (I don't claim to be an expert, though.) Certainly the PC Gamer / PC Format / PC Zone tripartite in the UK have had a lot to say about this over the last few months.

I think there is a lot wrong with the current system and we need to effect radical change to improve it; too many good ideas are not benefiting the inventors and too many bloated middlemen are making money at the expense of the idea generators.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thieves should be punished. Only the greedy STEAL.

Thats untrue. I seen people steal for food and survival. Sure there some greed but is there greed in everything. Thats why there so much SW junk out there because people are hoping to sell it to make money because their greedy.

I agree downloading stealing unless approve by the creator of that product. But again its because GL made everybody want it so bad that some are willing to get anyway they can. :p