I Saw Episode 3

Bokishi

Out of curiosity, were any other of you guys & gals totally pissed off with that cackling bufoon "General Grievous"?

Yes, yes I was. He looked like a mechanical chicken with the way he walked and was hunched over. I expected him to look "cooler" than he did. IMO, his design was a major disappointment.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What was up with the last part of the lightsaber duel on Mustafar? Obiwan announces he's on the high ground and suddenly he wins? Anakin is so powerful that he can't use the Force to run up a slightly ascending gravelly slope instead of trying to stupidly jump over a already prepared and waiting Obiwan?

I guess I can accept this by knowing Obiwan obviously baited Anakin's UBER ego, but it still seems incredibly stupid of Anakin, who easily dispatches Dooku. He must have had some sort of Force premonition/instinct/warning not to do that...oh well.

It didn't look like "baiting the ego" to me... on the contrary, Obi Wan was trying to stop Anakin from fighting further because he got in position where he'd get a free swing at the opponent, no matter of approach... pretty much the 'i win' button. :)

True, it wasn't baiting per se, but it did provoke Anakin to make a hasty attack, since Obiwan arbitrarily announcing the duel was over and that would have grated Anakin's pride. Anakin always thought himself more powerful than Obiwan.

The more I think about that scene the more I like it. With Anakin screaming, "I Hate you!" and Obiwan answering with, "I loved you. You were my brother!" Wow.

Both actors did a good job there.

On another note, has anyone read the novelization of the movie? I heard it goes into more detail about how Quigon learned the secrets of living through the Force as well as delve deeper into the Sith history Sidious mentions.

Also was Liam Neeson in this film but cut or was he not offered an appearance at all? I think his appearance would have done a lot for the story at the end rather than Yoda just telling us about him. Due to the success of the extended versions of LotR, do you think Lucas might release a extended version of ep. 3?

On another note, has anyone read the novelization of the movie? I heard it goes into more detail about how Quigon learned the secrets of living through the Force as well as delve deeper into the Sith history Sidious mentions.

I read the novelization. There's dialogue between the "spirit" of Qui Gon and Yoda in the novel, whereas it wasn't shown in the movie.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

*snip*

Due to the success of the extended versions of LotR, do you think Lucas might release a extended version of ep. 3?

I read somewhere, an excerpt from an interview, that Lucas had indeed been inspired by the extended versions of LotR and was thinking of something similar for RotS. I don't think we can expect quite LotR-like amounts of added footage though. But RotS felt very compressed to me, some fleshing out could do it a whole lot of good.

Just got back from seeing it (finally), and I thought it was pretty good actually. I wasn't very pleased with EPI due to Jar Jar, and didn't care much for EPII due to uber bad performances by Hayden and Natalie, but he redeems himself somewhat in this one, while Natalie is still horrible imo.

On the whole I felt very bad for all the Jedi in the scenes where 'Order 66' is carried out, particularly when all the 'younglings' (silly name, but nm) are about to get killed, not to mention the numerous Masters who are backstabbed by their own troops. :)

I guess that's also why I didn't have any remorse for Anarkin, after Obi cuts off both legs plus an arm in a single swipe, and leaves him to fry... THATS WHAT U GET FOR CUTTING OFF A BAD MOFO LIKE SAM JACKSONS HAND, BIIAAATCH!... Unfortunately, the punk survives, but Obi really stands out as the hero of this film, good performance by Ewan too.

Right, one tiny winy question: Now that the Droids are defeated/shut down, does the Clones fight the Wookies then? What happens?

Thanks. ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The more  I think about that scene the more I like it. With Anakin screaming, "I Hate you!" and Obiwan answering with, "I loved you. You were my brother!" Wow.

You're pulling our leg arent you? That was pure cheese dialougea la Lucas. Anakin screaming "I hate you" like some teenage punk to his father? Phhh!

I did peak into "the illustrated" manuscript and the list of dead Jedi(apart from the ones shown in the film) is as follows:

Barriss Offee

Luminara Unduli

Shak Ti

Stass Alie

Quinlan Vos is described "the cannon fires and Quinlan Vos and the Clones disapear in a huge explosion" so he may be alive. However, in the comic we see his body in the blast.

List of possibly surviving Jedi:

The dark woman

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Who are all those Jedis, dear Kaftan? Characters from the EU or what?

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I see, well it was all freaking sad anyway. Also when the clones shoot down that Jedi Master with the rebreather mask, always thought he was a cool cat. I guess it was more how helplessly cought off guard they were, than the fact that they got wasted.

DENMARK!

Anakin screaming "I hate you" like some teenage punk to his father? Phhh!

Well, that's what he pretty much still *is* and he did just get nearly all appendages chopped off... what exactly should he say instead in situation like that, that you'd find not cheesy? ;)

Yeah, I mean, Obi just cut off 3 of the mans limbs, I'd hate his ass too if it was me. :D

DENMARK!

Aye. I mean seriously "I hate you" is on level with "You bastard!" :D

were they EU and then brought into the film canon? I thought it was the other way around.. I guess that proves Im not a nerd(I just read more comics than your average person)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Dark Woman certainly survived. She was later killed by Vader in the comic Extinction that takes place 1 year before ANH

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

*the simpsons comic book guy voice*

Neg. The comic was published in "Star Wars Tales #2" and it is wellknown that Star Wars Tales is completely non-canon. As is explained in the editorial strip of issue #6

Yeah that was very rushed.

Anakion should fall in the beginning just after killing Dooku. Rest of the movie should depict his many duels with crumbling jedi masters.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Instead they're just shot in the back and cut down like worthless punks. (I really felt sad for the Master in the fighter). Hope there's some cut footage out there.

DENMARK!

I thought the Jedi Masters fell way too easily. Especially the ones that accompanied Mace to arrest Palpatine. Like what was that? Gee let's stand there and let an old guy stick a lightsaber in me without trying to block or move.