Bored so who did you hate the most from both KotOR

I loved in K1:

- Bastilla (Easy to fall in love with, gorgeous of course, that unique lightsaber and a male Revan turning her back to the lightside was heartbreaking!)

- Carth (Just so damn sexy. The 'bend you over my knee' thing did it for me. Also killing him right at the end was perhaps the best written character development in the whole thing.)

- Mission (A cute kid character who wasn't at all nauseating, which is an achievement in sci-fi.)

- HK (Verrry funny.)

- Jolee (Who acted as great light relief. Beautifully acted.)

Hated in K1:

Only T3 because he had no real point other than opening one door, and Zaalbar because he was so dull and whiny. And I never found an excuse to use him outside Kashykk.

I didn't hate Juhani. Don't know why anyone does! She's a nice picture of a very lonely person recovering from addiction, and she keeps referring to racism too, which is very enjoyable.

Loved in K2

- Kreia (Just a brilliant concept, and perhaps the best actor from either game.)

- Atris (Really enjoyed the idea of a jedi who is falling to the dark side but doesn't know it yet. And arguing with her about the Mandalorian Wars never gets old.)

- Atton (Just because he's so funny. Katt's acting is occasionally a bit off, but he has good timing. And I fell in love with him when he taught my Exile how to play Pazaak in her head.

- Mira (I keep going on about the acting but she was terrific. Also nice to see a 'nice' version of Bobba Fett, and at last a character who dresses in 'normal' clothes. Why anyone would prefer Hanharr is beyond me.)

Hated:

- G0-T0, G0-T0, G0-T0. Hate him so much. Forces me onto his ship. Does tons of annoying original trilogy references. Stupid voice. Is a huge floating ball. Hate him.

- Visas. Correction - quite liked Visas, and fancied her to death, but she was way to submissive. Someone who greets you daily with 'My life... for yours' is a threat to herslef and shouldn't be on a starship. Also her endless puns about her blindness were worrying.

- HK (Again, I like HK a lot, but I don't believe the Exile would pick up Revan's old ship, with Revan's old master and both of Revan's droids on board, AND ally with Revan's old buddy Canderous Ordo. Too many referneces to the original. HK in particular seemed to have nothing to do other than make nostalgic references.

I didn't mind Disciple, either. Why does everyone hate the guy? He was a good fighter, reminds us of the Jedi we see in the movies (English accent, devotion to the light etc.) and is quite a sweet guy. Not attractive as such, but amiable enough. The love triangle with him is fun, and his naivity seems to be much funnier than Handmaiden's. Also once I saw him attack a dead laigrek with a heavy repeater, going, 'YOU HAVE LEFT ME AN OPENING!' which was pretty funny.

In no particular order in each category

K1 - Liked:

Bastila - except she should have never been allowed to be turned by Malak.

Jolee - best overall NPC in either game, IMO.

Juhani - wish her story was a little more deeper, but liked her as a LS Revan.

HK-47 - hilarious.

K1 - Disliked:

Zaalbar - Wookiees are dull.

Canderous - Canderous is dull (as a party member).

K1 - Neutral:

Carth - sort of interesting, sort of whiny.

T3 - Not much need for him.

Mission - Good on Telos, not much use after.

K2 - Liked:

Atton - liked his story quite a bit. Seems to be really the only K2 henchman developed well for either LS or DS.

T3 - did a lot with this little guy for K2, and he became interesting.

Visas - with more story, would have been a lot more interesting, but what was there was really good.

Bao-Dur - I think it was more his voice acting that I liked, the very precise way he seems to end his words. Interesting character.

K2 - Disliked:

Mandalore - Canderous is a dull NPC (as a henchman). Should have been a non-henchman, or at least had something interesting to do when he became a henchman.

GOTO - worthless and pointless.

HK-47 - not sure if it's dislike or disappointment. by the time I got him built in my first playthrough, it was so late in the game that I didn't really use him.

Hanhaar - never even had him as a henchman (got Mira for my DS game, but haven't been able to get the desire to finish it). but he's a Wookiee, and therefore annoying, and therefore a henchman I don't like. I don't ever WANT him as a henchman.

K2 - Neutral:

Handmaiden - not a whole lot to say, really. kind of blah, except when Visas talks to her.

K2 - Hated:

Kreia - really the only NPC in either game I truly despise, since about halfway through Telos on my first playthrough. just simply annoying, as well as so obviously transparant, as well as crazy.

Handmaiden was very blah, yes. I didn't care for the voice acting on her, either. Also her back-story was slightly confusing. I'm not sure I understand that nonsense about honouring the face of her mother. To me they all seem to have the same face. if anything, she honours the tendency of her mother to wear her hood down occasionally.

Her back story was ok, but definetly not exceptional. HJowever, she is probably the best combatant in the game (she can kikc more ass unarmed than any of my other Npc's can w/ a weapon). Visas and Mandalore where pretty underdeveloped. Bao-Dur had virtually no conversation options, so I never deciphere dthe method of converting him into a jedi.

Yes, you just have to get a lot of influence with him and eventually he'll have a couple of conversations with you about Malachor, and he comes to terms with various things. Then you can convert him.

Favorites- Bastila, Juhani, Handmaiden, Mira, Mandalore, Carth, Jolee and Kreia.

I like but not love- Mission, Bao Dur

dont care much about- Disciple, Hanharr and zaalbar and the droids

HATE- Visas, kill urself lol. Shes wayyy to submissive to the exile. (male or female) Malak-how could you bomb a world with billions of people on it for one person? I hated him after that lol. It added to the story yea but it was so ruthless.

Vrook- hated him with a passion, avoid anger this and that meanwhile you never see him say one nice thing to anyone and he was ignorant. My exile sure did a good job of boxing him up in K2 lol.

Bao-Dur ran out of convo options, I coudln't sympasize or gain influence, there was nothing to query him on.

There's an influence guide floating around somewhere that might help you out there. For the most part, you can only impress him with actions, not words. Fix things up like the speeder on NarShadaa, or let him do it with sufficient awareness (notice the odd atmospheric sensors on Dantooine), support the Republic and stick to the light side, and you'll get all the influence you need. Assuming, of course, that Atton isn't around to snatch the influence trigger instead. Rand is such an influence whore. ^_^

At any rate, that'll get you a few decent ship conversations and allow you to make him a Jedi Guardian. After that, it's back to the same old dead end "Yes, General?" "Nevermind" convo tree. sigh.

Anyway, back to the subject:

KotOR 2

Loved: HK-47 (same old loveable homocidal droid. His impersonations had me choking on my Diet Coke), Bao-Dur (infinitely useful, principled, loyal, intriguing backstory. Atton kills a bunch of Jedi and spends the entire game either running from his past or whining. Bao, on the other hand, nearly singlehandedly obliterates an entire race -as well as a fair number of Jedi, for that matter- but actually tries to get out and do something to try to make things right, rather than drowning in a puddle of his own angst.)

Tolerated: Kreia (sure, sometimes it seemed you could never make her happy, but she made me think a bit harder about the consequences of my usual hardcore LS perspective), Atton (just plain creepy as a romance option -I killed her because I loved her, anyone?- but interesting backstory and plenty of good lines), Mira (wanted to dislike her- too much the obvious "badass female with a heart of gold" stereotype, but she has some excellent dialogue.)

Meh: Canderous (I brought you all those clans, and you still faded out of existance? argh!), Hanharr (not a bad backstory, but I'm too much of lightsider at heart to buy into the kind of "salvation" he offered his people), Handmaiden (Will you be my daddy? ew. no.)

Despised: Disciple (This is what we get as a romance alternative to Rand?! DIE!) Visas (submissive, pathetic plaything. Grow a spine and try again.)

favourites, top-5:

1.HK-47(he's simply the best)

2.Mandalore/canderous(rock-hard and cold)

3.Visas(I like her opinions)

4.Jolee(really funny)

5.Mira(funny sometimes, and better than the others)

the worst, top-5:

1.T3(gotta hate him)

2.Bao-dur(peaceloving son of a sith)

3.Carth(whining loser)

4.Wookies(adn dsont even geet me started on selkath)

5.diciple(wannabe carth)

the funny thing is, all in the last list are just as bad if you ask me...

Sanity is for the weak!

The only character I actually hate from both games is Juhani. Her voice and accent make my ears bleed, and talk about whine, whine. To me she was unconvincing--and if you think I'd ever let her back in the Jedi order...

Oh, and I can't stand Wookie-talk. I just can't.

The rest of the characters ranged from decently-acted to fantastic. Some are vaguely disturbing, like Handmaiden being such a righteous snob, GOTO, etc. Others are annoying as characters but true to personality and likeable in spite of it (Mission and HK would fit into this category).

Top of the line are Kreia, Carth, Canderous, Jolee and Bao-Dur (and I have to say it--Revan and Exile) as far as acting, character, and backstory. I'd have wished that Exile had a voice, because Revan's few words reminded you how young he really was, and the 'tude was just right.

I like both games equally, but I think I've put my finger on what K2 lacked and that K1 did so well--to have the party members take an active part in what was going on. For instance, in K1 Carth throws in comments while you're trying to talk to an NPC, or he and Bastila get in an argument about how she got captured in the first place. He's always saying something from his perspective--'don't trust this guy', etc. In K2 the party is sort of along for the ride--there are very few instances where party members chime in, and then it's just a one-liner. I missed that.

The both times I've played TSL were as Light-Sided lasses so I have no idea about how Hanhar and the Handmaiden go as party members - also I've managed both times to play Dantooine as one of the last planets before it all hits the fan at the end, so I've barely got to know the Disciple either - but already I don't have much time for him.

Overall I liked both incarnations of Canderous and HK-47 though perhaps they were better in the original. T3 however was rediculously improved in the second one - the first one I might have used him once and that was because the game told me to do so...and after that there was nothing to talk to him about. :p

At least you can get a little something back from him in the second and he actually seemed to have a personality.

I really liked Revan - but not the Exile - as such - I think I would have prefered it if the soundbites of the PC, even if just "huh?" and "hiyaaa!", were kept in TSL - it made the Exile feel a bit lifeless without them.

Carth and Atton are both fine - Atton's got a more interesting story though while Carth is a more interesting character up front.

Bastila was fair enough - I kept losing her and having to wait at map exists as she ran from about half a mile away trying to catch up...

Jolee was one glorious bag of laughs. Mira's slightly irritating and I personally found her huge bushy eyebrows slightly off putting. Kreia I'm fairly neutral about. Zalbaar I never really ever used. Mission I rarely used but she was cute though :p

Visas and Juhani - well, both mostly unspectacular - one was novelly blind and the other novelly Russian - but at the end of the day there were both a decent pair of extra hands that could hold a pair of extra lightsabers, so I wasn't really complaining about them...

Bao-Dur was slightly boring and I really didn't get much of that character.

G0-T0 was a complete waste of space though and if I nit-pick, I didn't like the fact that he was so similiar to the Droids from the Original Trilogy, concidering the 4,000 year gap in between.

:-

• 2 weeks later...

Whoo, it's been a while :lol: WARNING: For those of you who don't like to read, this is longer than other posts. That's assuming you want to read the whole thing :wub:

There's no hate list here...I can't hate a bunch of pixels with flapping lips and a voice--not like they took my lunch money or anything. Just from 'liked', 'so-so', to 'no-interest' categories. No interest doesn't mean I hate them...I just don't like them. It means that they really didn't spice up my experience, regardless of their presence in my party.

From KotOR:

Liked:

Carth - I thought his 'pick-up' lines were better than Disciple's or Atton's frankly. His emotional rollercoaster was actually very interesting, fun and sometimes frustrating for me. Despite this, it was realistically portrayed to me and I would have it no other way. Relationships aren't all gold, you know.

Bastila - I've never played through as a Male PC (as of yet) and I still manage to like Bastila's character. Her lectures were indeed repetative and perhaps even irritating--but it was fun poking fun at her and watching her character slowly become less righteous than she was painted up to be.

Jolee - Do I really need to explain? He's just all out funny, but he knows when to cut the jokes too. He has this deep philisophical character about him that I enjoy so much. He's very interesting to talk to, if you're interested in analogies and history.

Canderous - I liked his character a lot. As with all of the characters (except the droids and Jolee) there is a change in character--the individuals begin to question their behaviors. Canderous becomes sentimental near end of his plot arc. Something that is unbecoming of a war veteran such as he. Very neat growth.

Mission - Spunky, and very adorable. I didn't find her character annoying in the least. She's funny too, if you use her to help you out on the Leviathan.

Juhani - I actually liked her character, too. The struggle for light and/or dark was apparent in her character over the others, and I admire her ability to continue on her walk of light, considering her strong bouts of anger.

HK-47 - Downright great. I turned to him when I needed a good laugh.

So-so:

Zaalbar - He doesn't say much until you reach his sidequest--and after you complete it, he speaks a little more with you. Then that's it. He could've been more interesting had he more dialog options available.

No interest:

T3-M4 - sadly in the first game, he was the worst character in development. Other than opening the lock for the Sith base, this guy can cough up computer spikes and well...that's about it really...

KOTOR II

Liked:

Kreia - yes she was a manipulative screwball, but her character was intriguing. I could easily lose myself in her constant ramblings, and she had so much to say that I never became bored with her. (except on twice or thrice playthroughs...)

T3-M4 - His character had grown so much from the first installment. I actually enjoyed chatting with him this time around.

Visas - Despite the whole 'my life for yours' sermon, I actually liked what little history I could wring out of her. Her voice acting was excellent, as a plus. I just wished she would develop her feelings a bit more over a span of time, and tell us more about her past. I liked her mysterious aura, though.

HK-47 - Although not as entertaining as in the first, he was still one of my favorites.

Handmaiden - She's an excellent fighter. Though, the 'Atris says,' line was uncalled for in truth. It reminded me of Bastila--but it was worse because it was a non-Jedi trying to right you! Putting that aside, her story was interesting, and I liked her humanistic jealousy towards Visas concerning the Exile.

Mira - I really liked her independence, but I didn't care for her 'lone star' stunt at Nar Shadaa. I like the ability that when need be, she can take care of herself. Her hints at handling men are pretty nifty, too.

So-so:

Bao-Dur - I really would have liked to have divulged into more history with him in regards to the evident 'relation' he and the Exile had during the wars. Unfortunately, his dialogue options are exhausted far too quickly. Rendering him a mute for most part of the game.

Disciple - His character was really involved in history. Perhaps too much. It was also sad that his devotion to the Exile is immediate at the start--like all of the romance options available in game. His history didn't gnaw at my curiosity either.

Mandalore - Sad that his character was *really* undeveloped in this game, but I still liked his no-nonsense attitude and his leadership ability. That was good to see.

Atton - He started out well with me at first. The comments he made were somewhat funny, and he had a certain, rugged charm I guess. But then things went downhill. The way he acted up when asked about his Echani stance was weird really...and his transformation from 'Anti-Jedi' to 'I wanna be a Jedi!' was abrupt and...also strange. His sad cracks at humor made up for it--kind of.

No interest:

G0-T0 - His voice acting was great, and his motivations were rational...but he didn't provide me with much of a conversation. He didn't exactly pique my interest when I first saw him--and he took up space.

I can't say whether I like Hanharr's character or not as I have not tried to recruit him into my crew. But he's a wookie with a strange hate for humans and life-debts...I hope his backstory is good.

HATED: bastila, wookies (how long does it take to say a single sentence?!?!)

liked: jolee, hk47 (version 2.0 :D ), mission, atton, mira, crazy swoop rodian on onderon

indifferent about everyone else

although i did like G0T0 and hanharr a bit, coz they had quite interesting stories

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Liked: The robots, Canderous, Visas, Kreia, Sion

Hated: Bastila, Juhani, Carth, Mira, Disciple

I didn't like the Exile very much due to the fact that he returned to face the Council's judgement. Too "valiant" for my tastes.

Lets see..

I liked...

Handmaiden, Bastila, Visas, Jolee, and HK47.

I dont like Carth, he reminds me of Anakin from episode II, too whiny..

I like and dont like Bao Dur, he is a good NPC, but I cant stand talking to him.

I dont like Malak. Just a big old pansy.. you kick his butt and he runs from you on that space ship, and then again at the end of the game.

I dont like Vrook. Man he is annoying. Always so pesimistic and rude. They need Yoda.

I dont like That first wookie. I normally think the wookies are cool like Chewbacca, but Zalibar I think his name was, was just a random character.

Can I ask.... WHY do people dislike the Disciple so much? Is it the hair?

LOL, well I know for myself, the first time through game, before he even says a word, he did that bow.

From that point on I was looking for and replaying the convo choices in hopes I could kill him (and I was 100% LS Male).

Just for that girly bow he did, he deserved to die! His conversations and voice just iced the deal with me.

Man I wanted to kill him sooooo badly! Almost as badly as Goto!

i'd actually kinda like bao dur if it wasnt for his voice. am i the only one who thinks he sounds like a creepy stalker?!

oh yeah, the funny name jedi.... zez-kai ell (i THINK thats it....)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

one thing I discovered about Mical the Disciple: he makes a great ranged-weapon guy.

He is a Soldier (level 22, I believe, before I convert him to Jedi) and that means he can specialize in both pistol and rifle....that means he can wear the Multi-Spectrum Visor (or whatever it is called) that I picked up from the weapons merchant on Nar Shaada.

I max him out on Dex as his attribute and give him Master Rapid Shot, give him some Dex-enhancing gloves and other gear and put a fully-upgraded Mandalorian Assault Rifle in his hand.

At the same time, he is a Jedi Consular....ouch, he becomes the oh-my-gawd ranged killer from hell!

GO-TO hate that thing. Causes you so much grief with its blockade then you take it on as a party member.

I'd get Bau-Daur to take it apart when he has the chance or flush it out into space and use it for target practice with the main guns.

Also it wants to put hte republic back together which as a DS I don't want to do.

GO-TO hate that thing.  Causes you so much grief with its blockade then you take it on as a party member.

I'd get Bau-Daur to take it apart when he has the chance or flush it out into space and use it for target practice with the main guns.

Also it wants to put hte republic back together which as a DS I don't want to do.

Mical is pretty bad.

You pump him up as a big soldier and he ends up sucking a lot simply because he becomes a consular.

When it comes to KOTOR, I always found that converting Handmaiden and Mical were pretty bad choices. Both have very low force points and lose a feat every turn. You can turn them both into Tera Kasi badasses, or pimp them with melee or range weapons.

They just suck period as a jedi as you have to share jedi resources with them like robes and upgrades

• 1 month later...

I hated everyone except Kriea and that was only because she taught me stuff. I mean the only gd characters were the ones that were gd at fighting. the first time i played kotor2 then i dodnt discover anything about anyone i just liked the fighting