Any Fallout news?

All of this Fallout talk makes me want to go start a new game.

The original, the sequel, or the tactical knock-off?

Original, then Sequel, then Tactical knock off.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Th static world was a major problem for many gamers and Bethesda knows it.

Bethesda has known this since Elder Scrolls: Arena, but hasn't done anything against it. All they do is promise that the next game will be better, but nothing much happens. Some problems don't get addressed at all, a few things do get ironed out and a truckload of new problems turn up with every new Bethesda game. To me it seems like they're running in circles with their games and the game-related problems.

As for SPECIAL being  real time, we have already seen that rules system in real time and it sucked big time.  We have seen SPECIAL in real time in Lionheart and FOT.  It has been proven that SPECIAL does not work in real time, though I am 90% certainty that Bethesda's "Fallout" will be real time.

Realtime in FoT didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You guys sould not give Bethesda such a hard time.

Like it or not Morrowind was a TES game, at least they did not changed it for mass appeal even if they broken somethings.

Bethesda is not worst that other companies, like it or not Fallout is a niche market and all companies would change the game to fit the current market appeal, it looks right now most people want real time and not a turn based system.

Even Fallout 3 of BIS would piss off fans, Fallout 3 sould have been published around the time of NwN.

drakron.png

To be fair though, Bethesda has said in an interview (or similar) that what they percieve to be the key difference between FO and TES is the memorable characters present in FO and that they will have to make sure that the characters in FO3 are equally memorable.

I find that statement weird, considering Fallout didn't have that many memorable characters (at least not more than several other CRPGs out there), and it really wasn't one of the game's strong points. Most characters people remember are either the ones they disliked because of bad AI (Ian shooting players in the back, Dogmeat getting stranded in map corners) or those with animated faces and forced quirkiness (Harold, Sulik, Marcus).

The key difference between TES (Morrowind, specifically) and Fallout, in regards to characters, is that characters in Fallout, wheter major or smalltime don't feel lifeless.

Yup. FO's strength were the openness and freedom of choice as well as having great atmosphere. That's its strength. It's npcs, while good in their own right, were not the best. That's left for games like PST, BG2, and the FF series.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Wow. Three level5rs in a row and I agree with each one of them. :rolleyes:

To be honest; I felt that Fallout's npc's were quite believable.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Wow. Three level5rs in a row and I agree with each one of them."

Actually, I'm level 6. :rolleyes:

"To be honest; I felt that Fallout's npc's were quite believable."

Most were, yes. Like I said they were well done; just not 'the best'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nitpicking midget. :rolleyes:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's so common to hear "SPECIAL in real time? OMG suckage!", but so far, I haven't heard a single reason why it doesn't work. To me, FOT was a good game. Crappy interface, but nice overall.

AD&D was supposed to be TB, too. And the BG series proved that it could work in RT.  :thumbsup:

Baldur's Gate was not real time. It was Continual Phase Base. Similar to what is found in Neverwinter Nights and Knights of the Old Republic. It counted rounds and turns just like Fallout did. It wasn't true real time unlike Lionheart.

Harvey

Baldur's Gate was not real time.  It was Continual Phase Base.  Similar to what is found in Neverwinter Nights and Knights of the Old Republic.  It counted rounds and turns just like Fallout did.  It wasn't true real time unlike Lionheart.

Whatever. For all practical purposes, it was RT. The same system (or a very similar one) was used in FOT. I don't know about Lionheart, because I never played it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

For practical purposes, no it was not.

The same goes for FOT, then.

I'm still waiting for you to point out some differences, though. Not theoretical, but practical, in a gameplay sense. :blink:

...I'm not sure why anybody would play it in RT :shifty:

Because that's how it was meant to be played? :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.