Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

• Count Dooku
    • Mace Windu
    • Darth Sidious
    • Yoda
    • Anakin Skywalker(Pre-Vader)
    • Darth Revan
    • Darth Maul
    • Obi-wan Kenobi (luckiest jedi ever)
    • Darth Malak (LOL)

Windu: You are on this council but we do not grant you the rank of Master.

Anakin: What!?

Windu: SAY WHAT AGAIN, SAY.. WHAT.. AGAIN, I DARE YOU, I DOUBLE DARE YOU MUTHA F*CKA!!!! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!!

Then he repies with......

Windu: do you read the bible?

Anakin: Yes Master

Windu: Well I have memerised a verse which is.....

The path of the righteous man is beset on

all sides by the inequities of the

selfish and the tyranny of evil

men. Blessed is he who, in the

name of charity and good will,

shepherds the weak through the

valley of darkness, for he is truly

his brother's keeper and the finder

of lost children. And I will

strike down upon thee with great

vengeance and furious anger those

who attempt to poison and destroy

my brothers. And you will know my

name is the Lord when I lay my

vengeance upon you."

Tulak Hord. After him, lightsaber combat has degenerated into what we see in the movies. But, as for the movies, Darth Maul, trained since BIRTH, was the best duelist. Too bad he was also a sadist and easily distracted.

The shocking truth about Tulak H.: He fought like General Grievous did in Ep3.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

DUDE, Yoda is the greatest lightsaber fighter ever, it even says it on star wars dot.com, I'm to lazy to get the exact quote but it says something along the lines in that Windu was one of hte greatest lightsaber duelists ever, and the only people that beat/were better than him at it were Dooku and Yoda, Yoda being the best.

Darth Maul was pretty pimp too.

I'd voted for Dooku but after E3 I'm so frustrated with his utter lameness that I'm giving my vote to Malak.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

SPOILER SPOILERS dooku got beaten by yoda, who got beaten by sidious, but not due to saber skills, mace tho, beat sidious and would have killed him had it not been for *spoiler* Anakin who cuts off his arm(s) it happens fast, and sidious blasts him out a window. Dooku did go easyish on anakin tho, until anakin got pissed off.

Obi wan only beat anakin because obi wans kind of a dousche in the last part of the film, which i will elaborate upon now, on mustafar, obi wan follows padme there when she goes after anakin to figure out wtf is goin on, in the movie you can tell she was about to get to him when obi wan came out, anakin got pissed and technically "killed" padme, cuz he thought her and obi wan were collaberating against him. They fight literally to a standstill, then obi wan gets higher ground, and since anakin is pissed cuz he thinks they manipulated his wife against him when he was tryin to "save" her, jumps up and obi wan cuts off his legs and flesh arm, and leaves him to be burned alive by lava.

I still think sidious is the best cuz him and yoda never really finished theres but he does get an advantage

Anakins revenge, but you have to take into account that Sidious could have been going easier on windu as a result of him knowing that anakin would show up, pretending to be all hurt and stuff, but after mace is hurled out a windu, one might observe how the emperor just hopped right back up really, so I have no doubt in my mind that Sidious would take windu.

But I defiintely had to give this to yoda, a master of Lightsaber III technique, he, along with dooku were the only ones to ever beat Windu when sparing, and Yoda beat dooku, so the answer is clear in my mind, and besides, Yodas my boy.

Anakins revenge, but you have to take into account that Sidious could have been going easier on windu as a result of him knowing that anakin would show up, pretending to be all hurt and stuff, but after mace is hurled out a windu, one might observe how the emperor just hopped right back up really, so I have no doubt in my mind that Sidious would take windu.

But I defiintely had to give this to yoda, a master of Lightsaber III technique, he, along with dooku were the only ones to ever beat Windu when sparing, and Yoda beat dooku, so the answer is clear in my mind, and besides, Yodas my boy.

And you have to take into account that Anakin beat Dooku who in turn was beaten by Obi Wan......

• 2 years later...

True, but that comes almost 4000 years before the others are even alive, and probably didn't include all the Jedi and Sith up to that point either. When talking abot Tulak, Kreia does say that the Jedi and Sith of today are "mere children" compared to the old masters, so that could include unknown Jedi or Sith

How nice a two year old thread being revived. Seems like I didn't vote in it.

Revan of course followed by that other great, Mace Windu.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

That guy wasn't even a true Sith master. He was still an apprentice. The only reason people have trouble with him is because you haven't discovered your full potential yet. If you've done even a half decent job with your character, at the end of the game, Revan could whip that guy with both hands tied behind his back, blindfolded, and having to hold his lightsaber between his toes.

True, especially since there will be different fighting styles for different time periods. Learn to fight in a time of war, you'll learn a more agressive form. Go up against a lot of blasters, and your technique will be more defensive. All the people in the poll are extremely good swordsman, so you have to look at who they fought to get a true idea of how good they were.