Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

• Count Dooku
    • Mace Windu
    • Darth Sidious
    • Yoda
    • Anakin Skywalker(Pre-Vader)
    • Darth Revan
    • Darth Maul
    • Obi-wan Kenobi (luckiest jedi ever)
    • Darth Malak (LOL)

• 1 month later...

I know it's fantasy but I'm going to inject some real life experiences into the debate over the dark side being more powerful, and what not.

I used to do a lot of Kendo, Japanese sword fighting, for which it's clear that in the movies much of Mace Windu's techniques draw from.

One of the sensei's (teachers) in our area was a majorly aggressive prick. If there ever were a real life role-model of the "Dark Side", it was him. He loved pain. Fed on it. He would use his anger in duels and to be quite honest he was just damn scary.

I didn't learn under him (thankfully). All his students were little versions of him. Raging anger and aggression used in duels that made his group collectively the strongest group in the area. Many of us who were learning under our mild mannered sensei questioned if his approach was better.

A few months later we had the privilege of seeing our sensei duel with "dark side" sensei. The result was very eye-opening.

Where the angry guy attacked, our sensei calmly blocked and deflected. The angry guy who was so used to just blasting through his opponents (I had never seen him even remotely challenged before) simply could not even land a hit on our sensei, who was twice his age, shorter and quite frail in comparison. No matter how hard the angry guy tried he simply could not land a hit, but in return our sensei just so effortlessly smacked him time and again and again and again. Angry guy got angrier. You could see it - he was starting to lose all focus. In the end it was humiliating to watch this guy get utterly defeated by someone who simply did not even look capable in comparison.

That was then that I really understood what the deal was. Rage and aggression are powerful tools that the weak of mind use because they don't have the discipline to control their anger. For sure they are powerful tools to use in an attack, so much so that it almost seems unbeatable to the inexperienced. It's only until you see a true master in action do you understand the importance of discipline and controlling one's emotions, and just how little things such as stature and strength count towards victory.

Anger and aggression is an easier path for sure, but discipline and control of emotions is ultimately superior, but it is a harder path to walk.

I saw Episode 3 a few days ago.

Sorry to say it bud but Dooku may be a Sith Lord, but he aint a great Duelist. He almost lost to Yoda, who is **** compared to Mace Windu who actually defeated Palpy, but was

killed, saw that one coming, no need even for spoiler tag.

Anakin, not pre-vader, but post Vader. As he became Vader, he became insane with power, he was the greatest lightsaber duelist ever, hands down. He was defeated because he was at a tactical disadvantage against Obi-Wan, I will not elaborate since there are those who have not seen it yet.

Sorry to say it, but you defending Dooku is hilarious. He was not told to go easy on Anakin, that's the same and going to Dooku and telling him to die. He was completely shocked when his hands were removed, shocked and afraid. Dooku was powerful but a poor duelist as far as Sith Lords are concerned. Sidious was far better, and he was defeated, that's it, plain and simple.

Any who see Episode three will laugh at what Lord Orpheous said when they see it.

I am going to say Dooku.  Since he is more experienced than Mace, and Mace almost kills sidious, Dooku is better than sidious and Mace.  Also, Dooku only lost to Anakin because he was told to go easy on him.  The only jedi that could beat Dooku was yoda, but yoda had to tap into the darksidee to beat him.

when did he tap into the darkside? and I think luke only tapped into the darkside when he force choked the pig guys in jabbas palace...

IIRC, but Kreia says that Marko Ragnos was the best lightsabre duelist ever. Shouldn't his name be in the poll?

Oh, and Luke falls to the dark side after Ep. VI. :ninja: But he was using anger in his fight against Vader. IIRC, Luke only chopped off Vader's artificial limb. (I saw this scene no more than two hours ago, so I'm fairly sure I'm correct.)

Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

Tulak Hord...apparently. (i.e. that random punk Bioware made up :lol: )

---

IIRC, but Kreia says that Marko Ragnos was the best lightsabre duelist ever. Shouldn't his name be in the poll?

Oh, and Luke falls to the dark side after Ep. VI. :) But he was using anger in his fight against Vader. IIRC, Luke only chopped off Vader's artificial limb. (I saw this scene no more than two hours ago, so I'm fairly sure I'm correct.)

It was Tulak Hord, not Marka Ragnos. :ninja:

manthing2.jpg

Despite the fact I like Yoda better, I've got to say Mace Windu is the better lightsaber user.

Apprently, he is one of few (two I think) Jedi in the prequel era who can you the Vaapad style of combat. (Lightsaber form 7).

So I choose Mace Windu.

After E3 it is certainly Mace. He spanked Palpatine easily until he run in fear. It was jerk Anakin's intrusion that caused Mace's death. Obviously you didn't watch movie with care.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

But the thing is with the Mace v Palps duel is that they are a match for the first part until Palps loses his saber

From then on i think it is all an act when palps starts cowering - he senses anakin's arrival and then plays the role of a weak old man so as to appear vulnerable in contrast to the bullying figure of Mace.

The thing I didn't particularly understand is how he continued his electric attack after he saw its ineffectiveness. It is possible he sacrificed his face to gain sympathy from Anakin (so he would attack Mace) and the Senate (so they would believe the Jedi attacked him), but damn that's cold.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I am going to say Dooku.  Since he is more experienced than Mace, and Mace almost kills sidious, Dooku is better than sidious and Mace.  Also, Dooku only lost to Anakin because he was told to go easy on him.  The only jedi that could beat Dooku was yoda, but yoda had to tap into the darksidee to beat him.

Excuse me but if thats the way you see it then you dont know much about the Sith... If Dooku could of beaten Sidious in a Saber fight, then it wouldnt be Dooku calling him Master...

And dont say it was because Sidious would of used Lightning on Dooku because we know that experienced Jedi can easily deflect / block it with a saber. *or in Yoda's case with his hands*

After E3 it is certainly Mace. He spanked Palpatine easily until he run in fear. It was jerk Anakin's intrusion that caused Mace's death. Obviously you didn't watch movie with care.

Both mace and Palpatine sensed Anakin approaching... Since Palpatine was clearly excellent at manipulation i have a feeling that he lost purposefully to turn Anakin fully.

It makes more sense than Mace defeatng him. Also it ties in better with the story...

Perhaps you werent paying as much attention as you should?