Jade Empire review at IGN

Yes, that's the score. They claim that the story is something that people will talk about for years to come. Add this to a mere 22 hour gaming experience. I'm curious about what gamespot's review will be.

Linky

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I wager the 22 hour is them rushing through it. Most reviewers tend to underestimate the length of the game.

And, while I think JE will be great; 9.9 is probably too high for *any* game.

I do find it hialrious that fools - about 25 of 'em - have already given user ratings for the game. Peons.

The new video for theatre trailers kicks butt though. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Looks like I'm going to have to do a lot of convincing to get my roommate to buy this game afterall.

Although I think he intended to anyways. :blink:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

9.9/10?! :p

Excuse me if I think that's a bit hard to beleive.

Not that hard to believe really...review is an "exclusive".

Journalistic integrity is probably not ign's strong point and the Bio developers are already slapping themselves on the back on their own forums (all part of the carefully stage-managed hype-machine, I'm sure).

Fu'ck. Not bloody likely.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Journalistic integrity is probably not ign's strong point and the Bio developers are already slapping themselves on the back on their own forums (all part of the carefully stage-managed hype-machine, I'm sure)."

That's right. Because Obsidian, and other dev companies never congratulate themselves when they get praised. R00fles!

I do agree that the score is too high (no game should be .1 off of 10); but the crying by the likes of you because a game got such a score is ridiculous.

Did you ever think that maybe IGN just loves the game. Silly conspiracy theorists.

"Hey, did Bio finally fix dual-wielding for thieves?"

Be careful. They'll ban you for that even if you post it here. LOL

Heh. The answer is yes for NWN, no BG, and there are no classes (or thieves) in JE so impossible there.

"Gamers should know that Jade Empire is a true action RPG. This means that combat is contact based and pixel specific."

Uhh... I think it's time for the IGN editors to learn how collision systems work and then go back and consider that statement again while watching combat in Jade Empire.

Remember folks, IGN gave Black & White and GTA: San Andreas a 9.9 score aswell.

The only games that actually scored a perfect '10' at IGN are "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" and "Soul Calibur".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Remember folks, IGN gave Black & White and GTA: San Andreas a 9.9 score aswell.

The only games that actually scored a perfect '10' at IGN are "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" and "Soul Calibur".

Soul Calibur gt a 10? I got that game and while I think its good, a 10 seems a bit too kind.

"Journalistic integrity is probably not ign's strong point and the Bio developers are already slapping themselves on the back on their own forums (all part of the carefully stage-managed hype-machine, I'm sure)."

That's right. Because Obsidian, and other dev companies never congratulate themselves when they get praised. R00fles!

Yeah - but it seems that at Bio it's almost company policy to publicly congratulate yourself when you get an award/decent review...the orgy that went on when Kingmaker was "RPG of the Year" got my bile up a bit, I'll admit.

I mean, I have at some stages of my life been told by other people that something I did involving work was OK, but I never felt the need to then go into a public space and blow my own trumpet about it. Maybe this is a Canadian cultural thing I'm not aware of?

"Yeah - but it seems that at Bio it's almost company policy to publicly congratulate yourself when you get an award/decent review...the orgy that went on when Kingmaker was "RPG of the Year" got my bile up a bit, I'll admit."

Yet, we wonder why BIO is successful. Theya ctually take pride in their work and when they given priase they accept it. It's about keeping the hype and interest in their games at a good hieght.

As for Kingmaker, it shouldn't have been 'RPG of the Year" 'cause as 6 Foot says it's just a mod. I can say that withotu even having played it.

"a public space and blow my own trumpet about it."

Huh? It's their boards and website. OMG The sins of them using it to hype their game. The horrors!

And, for the second time in one post I agee with 6 Footer. No game is perfect (or .1 off perfection); and I'm sure JE is no exception. this is why the actual score means nothing. I'd rather pay attention to the article itself much like JE did.

Annoying that in the review they failed to mention or even bring up how the game world works. Big, streaming world as in GTA or small, claustrophobic, rectangular ones as in Neverwinter nights? Four pages about the combat and not a single line about the world. Argh.

Oh well, I don't have an Xbox anyhow.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!