TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

Dashus & TSL Retoration Team!  :)

First of all, I would like to thank you for putting in the time to restore missing content. As you all know, many of us are eager to see your final product. When I, personally, visited your site, I too downloaded the files you had online.  For the most part, they are really good quick fixes. I enjoy the fact that you guys/gals are working hard on this project. As a low-end modder, myself, I can understand all the testing, tweiking, and retesting.

As of today, I have checked you [W.I.P.] threads on all fronts, but I have not seen anything that would sum up your progess. At this point!

Could you fill some of us in to what type of obsticles and progress you have made, and what your biggest challenge is in this retoration effort?  :cool:

yes i am also wonering this if you can say

Guest MacleodCorp

TSL Restoration Project: Team:

Thank you for pointing me to your new site; however, the information in your forums is a bit dated. I have also checked your progress thread, and have found only game saves swapping. At the moment, I am confused about where you stand on this project. I have also checked your progress reports, and they are dated as well: 'WIP 3: May 24, 2005'. I did notice that you have changed servers and hosting companies; therefore, congrats on the move. As I read through the thread, it sounds like people are just discussing the missing content, but there is now very little progression. Have you people hit a snag? Do you need another set of eyes to look at stuff? Let us, the modders know, and maybe some of us can help! You people have done alot, and maybe we can give a little back... Let us know!

Guest MacleodCorp

Do you people have any plans on releasing your files at lucuasforums.com or pcgamemods.com, or are they only used for [W.I.P.] threads?

Are there mods at those locations, which relate to this project?

Here is what I found out when I read through the'Restoration Team's' website:

1. Last Progress Report was: May 24, 2005'.

2. Last Progress Entry: Of any significant progress was: June 03, 2005.

At the end of this month, it will be one month since their last 'Progress Report. Within the first week of July, it will be one month since their progress thread had displayed any significant activity, which suggests any indication of a release or where they stand on this project.

They could be going by monthly progress reports, which in this case we must have patience.

Have you people hit a snag?

No snag; progress on the mod isn't a constant. There are some weeks where real life intervenes far more often than we'd like. :luck:

Do you people have any plans on releasing your files at lucuasforums.com or pcgamemods.com, or are they only used for [W.I.P.] threads?

We haven't really talked about release yet. pcgamemods.com is a definite candidate but we're undecided at the moment. We'll probably start figuring that out around beta time.

They could be going by monthly progress reports...

There's no real progress report schedule; whenever we have progress worth reporting, we report it. :-

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

How hard is it modding all the cut stuff Dashus, I estimate it to be very hard considering your working with concepts and voiceovers but i know all the hardwork will payoff in the end, good luck :rolleyes:

Depends; some stuff is straightforward which is usually the result of lots of stuff to work with and having it laid out fairly well in the GameplayProgrammer notes and existing objects in level (triggers and the like). Other things are "hack'n'slash" jobs, where we can't restore it exactly how it was intended to be because we'd have to add stuff which we don't have, or we'd mess something up.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I see it on my computer.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Yeah, yeah *yawn*. But the waiting is terribly painful.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thank you master Flatus.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Or get off your comic-reading ass and do it yourself.

:rolleyes:

Ekhm, are you talking to me?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Btw, just my 2 cents: Don't worry about sound files if the dialogue doesn't have it. I'd personally have a wider dialogue option withou the sound files than vice versa. It might make it easier editing the dialogue trees if you don't worry about what sound files are available too.

Edit: Btw, are you guy restoring your Padawan training scenes and romance stuff?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Btw, just my 2 cents: Don't worry about sound files if the dialogue doesn't have it.  I'd personally have a wider dialogue option withou the sound files than vice versa.  It might make it easier editing the dialogue trees if you don't worry about what sound files are available too.

Edit: Btw, are you guy restoring your Padawan training scenes and romance stuff?

Look on the website at the FAQ section :wacko:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

The FAQ mentions that they'll try to add what they can of the original stuff (I think that includes the Jedi training + romances?) but it's not explicitely mentioned like the stuff on the main page so I'm not too sure. Here's hoping though :devil:

Spreading beauty with my katana.

We've sorta touched on the romances before here but not as whole: there's really nothing to restore for any of the romances. Again, when cuts are made, the first thing to go is non-plot-essential stuff, which means romances.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I was looking arround in the voice-folder and listened to some interesting voiceovers in the 262-Folder. There seem to be a lot unused voiceovers for the second visit to the Telos-Academy, considering Atris and Kreia (Atris tells Kreia about the Sith-Attack on Telos, and that Kreia was actually the person who made Atris cast the Exile out of the order). There are also V-Os where the Handmaiden seems to have joined Kreia and is about to travel "elsewhere" with her (prob. malachor) and V-Os where the Handmaiden seems to turn against the Exile and is about to attack him because he killed her sisters.

There are also some V-Os in the 853-Folder where Tobin tells Nihilus about the location of the jedi-academy on Telos and about the "hundrets of jedi there on which he can feed on". It made it a little clearer why Kreia spared him and he can be found on the ravager.

Also, there seem to be VOs for a cutscene where Sion thinks the Exile was killed (also in the 853-Folder) on "the smugglers moon", but later he seems to find out the he/she survided (907-Folder).

I felt that especially those Telos-VOs filled several story-wholes, so I was wondering if those scenes are part of your restoration-project.

Sorry for my bad english btw. ^^

The Tobin/Nihilus conversation relates to a cutscene which is to be restored. I think the cutscene already exists, but isn't triggered. Thread here.

The Sion / Nihilus conversation where they break their alliance won't be restored as it depends upon the possibility of Atris as Darth Treya. Thread here. I'm not sure about the additional Atris / Kreia conversation, but it I think it may be the same as the Sion / Nihilus.

And don't apologise for your english; you used paragraphs which is more than many posters do. :blink:

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.