TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

I have a question about Aurora's rebalance mod on the downloads page. Does this mod rebalance the game as it SHOULD have been? Or is it something you just came up with to try and balance the game more?

I'm kind of anal about the ruleset. I want it to be as close to the original TSR version of the ruleset and if this mod makes it more true to how the system is SUPPOSED to be then I'll deffinitly grab it.

It's more like it should have been. If you notice the bonuses granted per level of the PC far outweigh all the bonuses for ability score, feats and equipment; AND this was changed from the original KotOR.

Check out the bonuses for each class (Consular, Sentinel and Guardian); there is basically no level bonus difference between the classes. This fact combined with the over-emphasis on level bonus acts to the determinent of the other bonuses impact and the consequential imbalance.

... So with the Job Thread over at the official forums up once again, and knowing you all as we do, we figured that at least 100 of you would try different combinations of "team" and "gizka" hoping to stumble upon the new site.  We thought we'd save you the trouble.  It's not up yet; we'll shout when it is (though we might be beaten to punch by those of you that are going to be checking this every minute and a half :) )

New Firefox extention: [ocd 2005.06.16, by ok, released on June 16, 2005]

Alerts user of changes made to specified web page, querying every couple second. Control via context menu. Messages dump to javascript console, can also be alerted see options.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Alerts user of changes made to specified web page, querying every couple second. Control via context menu. Messages dump to javascript console, can also be alerted see options.

Why in the world would anyone create such a nefarious plugin? :huh: Talk about wasting a site's bandwidth...get enough people using that on one site and I have no doubt you could bring a site down. :cat:

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

I want it to be as close to the original TSR version of the ruleset and if this mod makes it more true to how the system is SUPPOSED to be then I'll deffinitly grab it.

Paragon put together a mod specifically to try to make the rules closer to the original tabletop RPG. I haven't had time to try it (all my free time mysteriously evaporated when I started working on this project) but you could take a look. (Edit: btw, this isn't part of TSLRP in any way.)

Metadigital, I'm glad you like Skippy. He'll probably leave you alive when he's on his DS rampage. :huh:

But you're not suggesting people unleash that plugin on our poor unsuspecting website, are you? :cat:

The Sith Lords Restoration Project forums

JdNoa: Putting the "Tea" in "Team Gizka"

K1 DSF alternate ending mod, and K2 Ebon Hawk cutscene conditions listing, at my Geocities page

Why in the world would anyone create such a nefarious plugin? :- Talk about wasting a site's bandwidth...get enough people using that on one site and I have no doubt you could bring a site down. :)

Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be long before the server side of the arms race create a demon to catastrophically disable any ip address doing such an irresponsible attack, for the common good, you understand ... :-

Metadigital, I'm glad you like Skippy.  He'll probably leave you alive when he's on his DS rampage.  :)

But you're not suggesting people unleash that plugin on our poor unsuspecting website, are you?    :(

No, it was more of a heads up. (I could have just PMed Aurora or dashus or whomever, but I think it is better to bring it out here in the forum, to make sure no-one uses the pernicious little plug-in, and that everyone knows why this is a Bad Thing. :)

I would think even the most na

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Being able to earn level 50 by the end of the game just doesn't sound right.

And why not? There are a few games that take advantage of high levels/let you reach high levels, NWN HotU and BG 2 for example.

And why not? There are a few games that take advantage of high levels/let you reach high levels, NWN HotU and BG 2 for example.

Problem is the small class selection in the KotOR universe; basically the Jedi are suped-up Paladins (and the Sith are Blackguards) with unbalanced super powers; also the d20 system kinda starts to creak after teen levels; add to that the K2 skewed bonuses accumulated due to level actually outweighing all the other bonuses for item, feat and attributes combined, and you get a very easy game (combat-wise) and to increase from that very un-level playing field would be an exercise in farce.

If the balancing issues were addressed sensibly, then it is more than possible to carry on from level 20, but some work needs to be done first.

>_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Problem is that in the D20 system getting high levels is supposed to be over the course of MANY adventure and epic quests. Many people complain that leveling up is too fast as is and letting the PC gain level 50 at the end of a 35-40 hour game is just... rediculous.

Check the timings on my and Dashus's posts; my post was meant to be a laronic attempt to lampoon the usual gang of nitwits who ask for a status request as soon as one is put up ... obviously my emoticon didn't convey the necessary amount of irony ... :-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

hey Dashus you know you said that the Droid Planet had only concepts and was beyond completion......, well i was wondering if it was like the Telos factory(in the original incomplete version) that they (the characters) would mention it and it would be of course inaccessable, is there a chance its going to be like that? :thumbsup::huh:

hey Dashus you know you said that the Droid Planet had only concepts and was beyond completion......, well i was wondering if it was like the Telos factory(in the original incomplete version) that they (the characters) would mention it and it would be of course inaccessable, is there a chance its going to be like that? >_<  :thumbsup:

You can access the planet using Darth333's whereami band.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

the rp got into game informer. second to last page i think on the top near the left edge. it's in the mod sites area

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There's been no news on the movie/music patch from LucasArts for a long time - it may be that the patch will just disappear without announcement (or it might be released tomorrow :blink: ). Are you considering reviving the music portion of your project?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Honestly the fan attempts at "improving" the music weren't any good - but its not their fault when the source material is so ****e.

Low res movies and mono sound is hardly detrimental to the gameplay or functionality. So i can totally understand lucasarts delaying/shelving it.

Guest MacleodCorp

Dashus & TSL Retoration Team! :wub:

First of all, I would like to thank you for putting in the time to restore missing content. As you all know, many of us are eager to see your final product. When I, personally, visited your site, I too downloaded the files you had online. For the most part, they are really good quick fixes. I enjoy the fact that you guys/gals are working hard on this project. As a low-end modder, myself, I can understand all the testing, tweiking, and retesting.

As of today, I have checked you [W.I.P.] threads on all fronts, but I have not seen anything that would sum up your progess. At this point!

Could you fill some of us in to what type of obsticles and progress you have made, and what your biggest challenge is in this retoration effort? :cool: