TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

TSL Restoration Project!

When I first started modding, I had to overcome a few obstacles. Most of the time I had to use trial and error. While looking at Team-Gizka's website, I noticed a variety of retorations, which your team has decided to tackle. Since there are some people who want to start modding KotOR II, could you share your thoughts on the following:

1. When you decided to restore the missing content, to KotOR II, what challenges did you people see from the start?

2. As you continue to go forward, did you expect this project to take a while?

3. As you know, there are many KotOR II gammers waiting for this project. Were you expecting this much support?

4. As a fellow modder, I know the long hours you have to put into scripts, dialogue, and textures. What part of the project did you find that it took longer than expected?

5. Many modders utilize tools. What types of software did you use, and what type of software did you find the need to create?

6. When it comes to missing content, how did you determine what needed to be cut?

7. Did you find that you had to sacrifice a portion of a project, so another portion could benifit?

8. Voice Overs. Did you fid that you had to edit voice overs, so they could fit a certain dialogue?

9. There are so many people working on this project, how did you people stick together for such a long time?

10. When you look back at what you have accomplished, the expectations people have, and the legnth of time you put into the restoration, would you do it all again?

Thanks for your time,

DarthMacLeod (MacLeodCorp)

Maybe Aurora (who is a writer) is going to write a book about it ... should be a small printrun bestseller, at least: a cult hit ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest MacleodCorp

Yeah, I don't think they like me all too much... (w00t)

I am one of those people who likes to quesiton everything. As an artist, steriotypically, I am allways against following the rules... :thumbsup:"

***I get on my bike, and I rev' up the engine***

Well, I am headiing to another thread then, but in the immortal words of the 'Terminator'... I'll be back!

***Put my glasses on, and drive away***

MacLeod: We'll answer the questions when we're done with the project, since some of them require us to be, um, done. You may need to remind us at that point, maybe not. :wub:

metadigital: A *book*? I suppose I could stretch this stuff out a bit... yes, yes, tweak the truth a little... maybe some of the team members are e-fighting, maybe some are e-sleeping together, maybe some are fighting over that... maybe after going 43 hours without sleep, someone will be convinced that Kreia is talking to them in their dreams and that begins an entire new quest... oh, yes, realities merging... drama... to say NOTHING of Revan's Secret Compartment... hmm, yes, I'll get back to you on this.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Guest MacleodCorp
MacLeod: We'll answer the questions when we're done with the project, since some of them require us to be, um, done. You may need to remind us at that point, maybe not. :shifty:

:cool: Yeah, you are right. I just looked them over again, and I noticed that they do require a finished product... Oops...

So....glad there be an update... but when I try to listen to it it gets cut off. Aurora starts talking, then it cuts off at "...and over at the HK fack.."--cut. Quicktime says that is the end of the file, but i think not. :wub: So is it me or the site? Thanks

So....glad there be an update... but when I try to listen to it it gets cut off. Aurora starts talking, then it cuts off at "...and over at the HK fack.."--cut. Quicktime says that is the end of the file, but i think not. :) So is it me or the site? Thanks

JD had the same problem and did some testing on that; seems to happen in Firefox far more frequently than in other browsers. So if you're using Firefox, try it in IE (as painful as that may be ;) ). Other than that just try downloading it (right click->save as).

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

So....glad there be an update... but when I try to listen to it it gets cut off. Aurora starts talking, then it cuts off at "...and over at the HK fack.."--cut. Quicktime says that is the end of the file, but i think not. :- So is it me or the site? Thanks

JD had the same problem and did some testing on that; seems to happen in Firefox far more frequently than in other browsers. So if you're using Firefox, try it in IE (as painful as that may be :p ). Other than that just try downloading it (right click->save as).

Ya, same thing happened to me so I had to us IE and than it worked fine.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I tried downloading it and got 0 seconds of audio :*

It's probably because it downloaded something from my cache instead for some stupid reason.  I'm using IE.

I used IE and had no problem.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So....glad there be an update... but when I try to listen to it it gets cut off. Aurora starts talking, then it cuts off at "...and over at the HK fack.."--cut. Quicktime says that is the end of the file, but i think not. :thumbsup: So is it me or the site? Thanks

JD had the same problem and did some testing on that; seems to happen in Firefox far more frequently than in other browsers. So if you're using Firefox, try it in IE (as painful as that may be :) ). Other than that just try downloading it (right click->save as).

What, really? I thought that was the joke. Aurora says, "We have an exciting update. It's exciting. It sure is. Okaaaay, over at the HK fac-," which made me laugh. Well, I guess a real update is better than a cruel joke, no matter how funny it is.

Get lost. You've already got an answer.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Let me rephrase that...

Can someone give me an estimated date of release.

No. The members themselves don't know when it's going to be released, because at this point they're not even 100% sure they have a complete list of the zones that need modification. Check the WIP page to see what they're working on now. Even assuming that they don't have to add any more modules to the worklist, there's no way to know how long those will take, because they're working in their free time.

Thread Pruned. There are some threads that should simply migrate to the AotS and then there are others in which a lot of people want/have invested in order to contribute in a useful manner. If you cannot post constructively then do not post.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Okay than...I wonder what kind of stuff Team Gizka won't be able to restore? Like maybe parts where they're talking or parts where things haven't be modeld.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf