The Lopsided Love Story

In my current game I've got a higher influence with Atton than with Disciple (I haven't even bothered to make him a Jedi, just Atton, Mira, and Bao-Dur). I keep approaching Mira every once in awhile to try to get that convo about Atton and the Exile being "intimate" but it doesn't happen. I got it when I had higher influence with Disciple in a different game, but not Atton.

Aaargh, I still can't get this conversation either. I wonder if being LS or DS matters? Or perhaps when you ask is important... like maybe you can't trigger it later in the game or something. For the people that got this coversation, were Mira and Atton jedis by then for you, or not? Maybe that's a factor too. I've gotten Atton/Mira's "Meditation Envy" conversation, but not this one.

I even tried purposely losing influence with Disciple, but no effect. (I find it interesting that, as soon as you're noticeably DS, Disciple confronts you with it, and no matter what you seem to tell him, you lose influence... but you can snap at Atton when he confronts you with it and you don't lose any. :blink: )

Oh, that conversation -- the one about the exile "glowing" and insinuating that a certain man may have something to do with it right?

That is dependant on your light side / dark side leanings... about 75%+ on the LS / DS meter. Which NPC (Atton vs Disciple) you

I think you have to have more influence with Disciple than Atton to get their "arguing" dialogues.

Ah, that clears things up a bit. Thank you for that post.

I don't think Disciple is creepy, I just think he's blah.

Yes, that too. :blink:" I just found him to be a little too worshipful at times, and honestly kind of strange looking. As weird as it sounds, I didn't really get terribly annoyed with him until I had Mira ask if he and my PC linked up a power-coupling. That just freaked me out because I never saw that comment coming. That's when I realized that Disciple was in love with my PC instead of Atton (oops). Since I did Nar Shadaa last, any hopes of an Atton romance/dialog were pretty much dashed. I was having the "I killed Jedi" conversations with him while fighting through Telos at the end. Not really ideal for role-play. LOL I've had more luck the second time around, though.

Oh, that conversation -- the one about the exile "glowing" and insinuating that a certain man may have something to do with it right?

That is dependant on your light side / dark side leanings... about 75%+ on the LS / DS meter. Which NPC (Atton vs Disciple) you

There's another subtle difference.

For the guys, Nar Shadaa Pazaak rules is no blasters.

For the gals, it's no clothes.

I actually had Handmaiden and Visas get into a cat fight in one game. And because of it, Handmaiden refused to talk to me at all anymore.

Ironically, I hadn't talked to either one of them at that point because I was trying to finish getting my DS mastery for my prestige class. I'd lost a big chunk working on T3 and Bao Dur for influence.

Handmaiden to me seemed even worse then Disciple. Aside from her devotion to her echani fight training, she had some severe insecurity complexes on whether you had a relationship with anyone, including Atris. She was the Juhani of KOTOR 2 IMO.

To see the holovid with Carth or Bastilla with T3, all you need is enough influence, and a 16 INT. Force Valor works. Just don't skip through the dialogue too quickly. I did that and had a holo version of Carth on the Ebon Hawk until I played through the video again.

Overall I liked Mira, Atton and Kreia the best. For KOTOR 2, I'd have to say T3 really eclipsed HK-47. It's hard not to like Canderous. He's as honest as he is blunt. The others I could really have cared less for. I REALLY missed Jolee, but Atton filled the gap.

I don't recall the one with Atton confronting the Disciple about sending messages to the Republic.  What do you need for that one?

To be a male Exile. ;_;

Actually, I got one where Atton caught him sending messages in my first game. I still hadn't figured out the influence system and I had higher influence with Disciple than Atton. It was after the "I saw her first" cutscene between them. I was of course playing a LS female.

Mel

To be a male Exile. ;_;

Nah. Actually, this is different. Atton actually confronts Disciple about it in an Ebon Hawk cut scene. There's another where T3 catches him sending them as well.

Alas, I never got either of these (I seemed to have skipped straight to the "I saw her first" fight with Atton), but know several who did. There's likely some balance of influences that I didn't hit.

There's another subtle difference.

For the guys, Nar Shadaa Pazaak rules is no blasters.

For the gals, it's no clothes.

I actually had Handmaiden and Visas get into a cat fight in one game.  And because of it, Handmaiden refused to talk to me at all anymore.

Ironically, I hadn't talked to either one of them at that point because I was trying to finish getting my DS mastery for my prestige class.  I'd lost a big chunk working on T3 and Bao Dur for influence.

Handmaiden to me seemed even worse then Disciple.  Aside from her devotion to her echani fight training, she had some severe insecurity complexes on whether you had a relationship with anyone, including Atris.  She was the Juhani of KOTOR 2 IMO.

To see the holovid with Carth or Bastilla with T3, all you need is enough influence, and a 16 INT.  Force Valor works.  Just don't skip through the dialogue too quickly.  I did that and had a holo version of Carth on the Ebon Hawk until I played through the video again.

Overall I liked Mira, Atton and Kreia the best.  For KOTOR 2, I'd have to say T3 really eclipsed HK-47.  It's hard not to like Canderous.  He's as honest as he is blunt.  The others I could really have cared less for.  I REALLY missed Jolee, but Atton filled the gap.

Ah, 16 INT, no wonder... I must go try that immediately! I have to say that I missed Jolee too, sigh, I hope that we find out what happened to him in KoTOR 3 (even if he's been killed, it's better to know than to not know).

They did mention Jolee in K2, except it came from the lips of Disciple. (He was describing some lost history junk he was trying to restore).

How many Disciple-Atton cutscenes are there? I count three off the top of my head:

1. "I saw her first" argument

2. "I saw her first' argument make-up

3. "Meditation Envy"

Apparently there's ...

4. Atton catching Disciple sending messages to the Republic

...never got that one.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I never got the make-up one either. Dangit. I hate not having influence with Atton - I never do that, except purposely once to trigger the "I saw her first" bit. I'll have to go through with low Atton influence again just to see if that triggers the others.

How do you get Atton confronting the Disciple about anything with a male Exile? He doesn't come with you then. do you have to return to Khoonda or something?

How many Disciple-Atton cutscenes are there? I count three off the top of my head:

1. "I saw her first" argument

2. "I saw her first' argument make-up

3. "Meditation Envy"

Apparently there's ...

4. Atton catching Disciple sending messages to the Republic

...never got that one.

There's also one more, but I think it got cut. Atton asks Mira what she thinks about Disciple. The audio files are still there, but I've never encountered this scene and I've never heard anyone else say they've triggered it either.

Atton: That guy - I don't trust him.

Mira: I do. I mean, he's alright, I guess... he's like someone who watches too many holovids -- or teaches them.

M: He'd get beaten to death on Nar Shadaa almost as soon as he landed though!

A: Yeah, you're right, he's boring.

M: Yeah, and that puts him a few ranks up the ladder from you.

A: What's that supposed to mean?! I'm not boring!

M: Nooo, you're more like a shifty lying idiot with a tendency to complain about every little thing and offer only small bits of helpful advice if pressured... don't take it too hard though, that still makes you better than most people I've met on Nar Shadaa.

A: Well... that's good to hear. Thought I had some competition there...

M: Oh! Well, it's not really a competition. I mean, you're kind of an idiot, Atton and you don't shower enough and you scratch your... "equipment" when you think no one's looking.

Mira: I do. I mean, he's alright, I guess... he's like someone who watches too many holovids -- or teaches them.

M: Nooo, you're more like a shifty lying idiot with a tendency to complain about every little thing and offer only small bits of helpful advice if pressured... don't take it too hard though, that still makes you better than most people I've met on Nar Shadaa.

M: Oh! Well, it's not really a competition. I mean, you're kind of an idiot, Atton and you don't shower enough and you scratch your... "equipment" when you think no one's looking.

THAT was cut?! :ermm:

I was laughing hysterically!

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Where can they be found?

For the PC version, the Mira/Atton banter can be found on:

SWKotOR2/StreamVoice003/DISC4/begins with file 003DISC4010 I think.

Oh... my! That is too funny! Somehow I always took Atton as one of the guys who scratched when no one was looking... now I have proof! :p