KOTOR 3 Main Character

Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • Revan and Exile
    • A new guy, with Revan and/or exile as cameos
    • A new guy without mentioning Revan and/or exile

imo, the only way well see revan or the exile as a pc again is if they do an expansion pack rather than a full blown kotor3. it would have to be similar to hotu for nwn, where you could continue as a high level character since its a bit shorter and thus the leveling could be made slower and where youd end at level 30 or something like that.

otherwise, storyline wise it might work, but the game balance would be completely out the window. another full game would mean the pc would pick up from where he was (anywhere from level 20 to level 27, assuming you didnt use the korriban level up cheat) and keep adding levels for the next 25 to 35 hours of gameplay.

not to mention the more i think about it, the more i dont want revan and the exile to be pcs. i had wanted revan to make an apperance in kotor2 when i had heard it was announced. but having seen the result of that, i wish i could take my vote back and wish revan wasnt mentioned. i think something similar could happen in kotor3 where if they are mentioned or seen, people will wish they had just been left alone.

im leaning more in the boat now where i want a brand new pc, but at the very most, they mention what happened to revan and the exile through some small little dialogue you have with a jedi master or something.

something along the lines of "yeah, revan and the exile combined forces to defeat the true sith empire. amazing show of force power if you ask me."

and then nothing else said about it and the story of kotor3 unrelated to that.

I'd rather they continue K3 with a story exploring the "true sith," rather than skipping the whole thing and saying that Revan and Exile effortlessly kicked their collective behinds, just like that.

Maybe a new charatcer, trained by Visas, the Handmaiden, or both.. and then sent after Revan and the Exile where you discover what happened to them, but not interact with them directly. Might work. But then they'd have to develop some completely new worlds since this would be venturing into the Unknown Regions. That's something I'm very interested in though.. seeing which road they take when it comes to giving the true sith a physical identity, human or alien.

I've got mixed feelings about KoTOR 2, but considering the ending (such as it is) it seems necessary that the Exile will be involved in KoTOR 3, so I voted for Revan & the Exile. That being said, I'd like the focus to mainly be on Revan, as that's the character I'm more attached to. I would also hope that they allow the player to have the option of choosing between male/female Revans & Exiles of course.

kotor 3 is probably gonna be somethin about before the exile gets the ebon hawk so that you can choose wot revan does. does he truely declare utter war on the true sith or take over the true sith empire. he may also return home to save his people and family as kreia said that revan may have come from the outer rim and that it was the call of home that made him go to war with the mandalorians.

Well, I voted for the last option, but after reading through the thread, I've decided that a new PC with R and E as cameos would be best. They should have R and E turn full DS due to some uber-powerful Sith Lord, one who is actually the best of both the marauder and sith lord worlds. Then your character can be just an average Jedi who decides to up his training exponentially to defeat the three baddies. You could be given the option of killing them, or possibly turning Revan and the Exile back to the light, in which case they would die due to the sudden withdrawal fromt he dark taint, but not before passing they're power on to you, whether in the form of actual unique force powers or extra attribute points or a super specialized class of Jedi. That way, you could also get an extended movie where Revan and the Exiles stories are reviewed and then ended.....permanently. This would be if you chose light side, of course.

For DS, you could just rip the power from them instead of them passing their powers on or you killing them. Either way, you get their strengths, an ending to both their stories, and a new bad guy to work your butt off to off. :D

I'm also an advocate of a character generation system more like that of Galaxies, as far as appearance goes, that is. And a better dueling feat where damage is upped due to your using both hands on the hilt instead of simply one hand. I could go on, but I have school do get done. <_<

While I think the third KOTOR should resolve both Revan's and the Exile's story, you should play as a new character. Otherwise, are you going to start the game as level 20+ Jedi? Or are the devs going to pull the uber tired cliche "You lost all your powers and memories" crap again?

If KOTOR3 is going to be the last in the series (or at least in this timeframe), and it will reveal what really happened to the true Sith, I would think that the character you will play will eventually become the Sith'ari and lead the Sith to glory come / salvation / ultimate freedom while also destroying them. Heh, good luck trying to write that. :ermm:

Creston

It's not hard to knock both Revan and Exile in level in a logical way people. To want a new PC is to what everything to repeat it self once again.

New PC somehow gets Hawk and Hk

New PC has some wierd force problem

New PC has to be trained

New PC has to butt in on a war that isn't his

KOTOR 2 must be completed

It's not hard to knock both Revan and Exile in level in a logical way people.

Not hard? I call BS -- unless you've actually got a logical way to delevel R and E that isn't incredibly lame. If so let's hear it.

(Used to see ideas for that sort of thing in BG3 threads. They all sucked)

Lifthransir Bane, I commented on his age because of the position he's had every time he's posted. I'm right, you're wrong, my way is the only way. I tried to have a conversation with him trying to explain why I'd like it the way I would, how I believe it could be implemented into functioning and hear a similar approach from his side. The same as I've had conversations with Saint in the storyline threads or even Hades some times past.

Instead he resorted to namecalling and disregarding any other person's opinion different from that of himself as invalid, wrong or stupid. To me that is a very immature attitude, when I saw he was 20 I remarked about it because of the nature of many people's attitudes during those time periods. When I was 20 I thought I knew everything too and my opinion was the only one that had to be heard and no one that thought different than me had a valid point. As I've grown up a bit that perspective has changed and while I still discuss any difference of opinon I may have over a subject I still respect those opinions different than my own as well as those who say them. He on the other hand demonstrated he doesn't and I recognize that as being because of his age. It wasn't implied as a criticism or insult merely an observation that makes sense to me why he has that posture with others, he's just still young. Much in the same fashion as I not exactly on the level of experience and maturity as someone who is 35, neither is he with someone who is a little older. That's not a bad thing at all, and again I didn't mean it as an insult, but look at his responses.

So I attempted to difuse the conversation as I see no point in trying to discuss this with him any further, he has to be right and that's the way it is. So fine, that doesn't affect me anymore than my opinion affects him I'm sure. So that's why I said what I said, take it as you will Lifthransir.

I guess you are, then, taking issue with arrogance.

I suppose my answer would be that arrogance transcends age limits. I don't know of anyone who was arrogant at twenty and humble at twenty-five or thirty. Though the argument could be made that such a person is often less rambunctious about it.

If the problem is arrogance stick to that, don't childishly assume that being seven years someone's senior makes a person wiser than the other. There may be a correlation between age and wisdom, but there is not causality which seemed to me to be what was suggested.

Some of the guys on my hockey team are pushing fourty, and are far more juvenile than our 18 year old goalie.

Not hard? I call BS -- unless you've actually got a logical way to delevel R and E that isn't incredibly lame. If so let's hear it.

Actually, the ONLY way that game developers have ever come up with, AFAICR, is the oh so boring "you've lost your memories, and so also all your powers".

Come on, playing as Revan and / or the Exile would be fun, but it would also mean that either we get the "Revan and Exile went through a black hole in the force, and lost all their power" crap, or the game simply states that everyone in KOTOR3 is at least level 25, and your characters are level 20.

Which, I guess, might even be plausible, depending on just how powerful these True Sith are. (and I'm guessing not that much more powerful than current timeframe Jedi, after all, they did get extinct)

Having Revan and the Exile in the game as advisors, teachers, leaders in the Great Big Upcoming War etc, would be far better from a storyline viewpoint.

Creston

I'd say you'd have to play as the Exile at least to start.

We know the Exile can only have force powers when he is around people who are force sensitive. That's why all of his companions have some touch of Force Ability. We also know that he leaves everybody and goes off to find Revan with only T3 and possibly HK. Therefore, he cannot have any force ability until he A)Finds Revan and leeches off his power, or B) Finds new force sensitive companions.

Either way, I think that if one were to play as the Exile, it would be relatively easy to explain way why the Exile has lost most of, if not all of his force powers.

Well, i picked a total new guy with no mentioning of Revan or the Exile, unlike Kotor I & II, you will be able to visit tons of worlds, most won't have any relevence to the main story, but will have side quests that you can do to get yourself leveled up.

Since we all want it to be a total new engine or even better, the source engine, you should be able to go all the way up to Level 100, well, ok, level 99 and all the best LS and DS powers are in the 75+ level range.

I hope the new engine will be optimized for both ATI & Nvidia, so everyone will be able to play it without specific bugs (you know, ATI only bugs or Nvidia only bugs).

Since some people prefer LS and some people prefer DS way of playing, i would like it so that when you start the game, create your character, it will ask you if you intend on being a good guy or a bad guy, then the characters that join your party will be of that side you picked, which would mean less bitching and all that. (you know, basicly like Mira and Hanharr and Handmaiden and Disiple)

Well, it would be cool, if you could start as a normal person, there will be a story, but you won't be forced into it, you could do freelancing for the local police force on collecting bounties for cash. (really bad guys, so even if you get profit for killing someone you get LS points)

When you decide you want to become a jedi, you purchase a ticket and travel go to Dantooine and a Jedi Master detects your force potential and you become a Padawan and learn the ways of the force, they will probably give you quests that will involve the main story, but you can just do the side quests on the planet you are on before doing the main quest of that planet like on Kotor I, i don't remember, if any side quests were linked to the main story, its been a while since i played Kotor I, so someone please enlighten me if i am wrong.

You could also kinda be a bounty hunter for the Exchange or some other bad dudes, which will be for the DS guys and just like for the LS, if you decide you want to become a Dark Jedi, you just need to buy a ticket and travel to Korriban and you get detected as a Force Potential and a Sith Lord will train you to be an evil SOB. lol

Then you can go from planet to planet and basicly wreck havoc, but be on guard, you will get Jedi Knights on your back if you cause too much trouble so fast and the same if you help too much too fast, you will get attacked by Dark Jedi.

All in all, there will be a story, but you won't be forced into doing it like the others and there will be like 20+ planets to visit, each planet has its own side quests, pod-racing, arena matches, bounty hunting (good and bad ones) and stuff like that.

It will be a big game, which would mean DVDs :D

So, what do you guys think?

be honest, but polite about it. (so state positive and negative statements, but be nice about it) (if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all)

I believe it should be a new hero.

I mean, we have played through Revan and the Exiles story and... We knew were those two will end up.

Though, I agree they should be parts of the story (as Revan was in kotorII), I don't think we should be able to play as them again, not as main characters.

A new character to creat would be awsome, some one new to mold in our vision.

A new hero/ine. A Padawan apprenticed to one of the Jedi characters from both KotOR and TSL, depending on player's choices (through dialogue like in TSL). That way it would be fairly easy to tie him/her into Revan/Exile and their fates.

I'd say you'd have to play as the Exile at least to start. 

We know the Exile can only have force powers when he is around people who are force sensitive.  That's why all of his companions have some touch of Force Ability.  We also know that he leaves everybody and goes off to find Revan with only T3 and possibly HK.  Therefore, he cannot have any force ability until he A)Finds Revan and leeches off his power, or B) Finds new force sensitive companions.

Either way, I think that if one were to play as the Exile, it would be relatively easy to explain way why the Exile has lost most of, if not all of his force powers.

Actually,

during your journey to the Trayus Academy, there were no force sensitives nearby, of course, the planet itself is a beacon of Sith energy... so...

But, I doubt that the Exile actually needs anyone near him, in fact, he probably doesn't need to make a link at all. He lost it because on the big incident with Malachor V, a bunch of people he made links with were torn from him all at once, and his soul probably tried to protect him from harm and tossed out his force connection, creating Nihilus. It's just that, he can literally radiate the force connection with others because of his special abilities.

I really don't see why Revan or the Exile being at a very high level is such a barrier. Hordes of the Underdark started the character at level 15, and just extended the levelling system from 20 to 30. So all that has to be done is extend it once again.

In fact, starting as a first level character would, in my opinion, be a really bad idea. The obvious progression of the story says that the next enemy is the True Sith, and according to what is said in KotOR 2, they are immensely powerful. If any plotline screams out for a high-level starting character, this is it.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I really don't see why Revan or the Exile being at a very high level is such a barrier.  Hordes of the Underdark started the character at level 15, and just extended the levelling system from 20 to 30.  So all that has to be done is extend it once again.

Because SW is NOT FR. Bet you didn't think of that. :rolleyes:

In fact, starting as a first level character would, in my opinion, be a really bad idea.  The obvious progression of the story says that the next enemy is the True Sith, and according to what is said in KotOR 2, they are immensely powerful.  If any plotline screams out for a high-level starting character, this is it.

The obvious progression, perhaps. The totally lame and un-SW like progression, definitely.

And BTW, where did you read that every janitor in the 'True Sith Empire' is a level 666 behemoth of destruction? I must have missed that line.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My preference: New character, a graduate of the new Sith/Jedi academy who goes to the unknown regions in search of the Exile and Revan to help or hinder. Revan and the Exile would be non-playable NPCs but would make an appearance. The NPCs from KOTOR2 would be non-playable, except maybe the droids, but they would make appearances. As playable NPCs I'd like HK and T3, another Zabrak, someone from Quinlan Vos' planet(google him), another Mandalorian, but someone very different from Canderous. Make him quiet, yet vicious. Two or three other students from the academy, friends of yours. Plus others, I'm not creative enough to come up with any more.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Cmon why would it be nonsense to start with Revan of the Exile at lvl 1 or something similar.

They could have some extra features (eg. war veterans, Jedi Masters etc.)

As long as the enemies are balanced I fail to see how the level could be a problem.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

hehe i did a google search on him when i read this.  interesting character.  id heard mentions of him in novels, but i never knew where he first showed up (comics?  cartoon?).

He's a comic character AFAIK. The Republic series develops this character a lot. His plot is supposedly one of the most important ones of the Clone Wars. An interesting character indeed.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.