KOTOR 3 Main Character

Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • Revan and Exile
    • A new guy, with Revan and/or exile as cameos
    • A new guy without mentioning Revan and/or exile

Yslamiri is a creature that negates the force.  On their planet then the force is dead... so imagine having your Uber lvl 20 Revan or your even Uber'eer Exile lvl 32 and place them in a situation where they cant use the force, or lightsabers... nice eh? :blink:

ok yeah I think that would take the game to a whole nother level of play mainly because now there would be a chance of cutting your own arm off while trying to fight one of these things. :o

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yslamiri is a creature that negates the force.  On their planet then the force is dead... so imagine having your Uber lvl 20 Revan or your even Uber'eer Exile lvl 32 and place them in a situation where they cant use the force, or lightsabers... nice eh? :)

ok yeah I think that would take the game to a whole nother level of play mainly because now there would be a chance of cutting your own arm off while trying to fight one of these things. :p

You don't actually fight those. They're the size of a small dog and aren't at all aggressive. All they do is cling to trees and stuff. Shooting them dead is easy enough, provided you can spot them. It's just another of those EU things that sucks big time.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yslamiri is a creature that negates the force.  On their planet then the force is dead... so imagine having your Uber lvl 20 Revan or your even Uber'eer Exile lvl 32 and place them in a situation where they cant use the force, or lightsabers... nice eh? :)

ok yeah I think that would take the game to a whole nother level of play mainly because now there would be a chance of cutting your own arm off while trying to fight one of these things. :p

You don't actually fight those. They're the size of a small dog and aren't at all aggressive. All they do is cling to trees and stuff. Shooting them dead is easy enough, provided you can spot them. It's just another of those EU things that sucks big time.

ohhh :"> , well I guess there is no hidding the fact that I know little to nothing about EU. :p

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

213374U, it could be done. As much as I hate to speculate on a possible storyline for Kotor 3, here is a scenario.

Half a year after Kotor 2, the Jedi council has been re-established by the Disciples of the Exile, Bastilia Shan and a few Jedi who fled to the edges of known space. You are a student of the new acadamy, lacated on coruscant. Suddenly, the Exile arrives in the council one day, unnanounced, saying he is on the heels of a vast true sith armada, and that he and revan have found a way to defeat them. <insert a quest to go searching for ancient jedi relics or such like>.

Not saying its an original idea, just an example.

What if Revan and the Exile were evil?

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

With all respect 213374U, having Revan and/or Exile come back as the protagonist won't be any lamer than just putting a new character in their place.

Both ways have equal lameness, I however rather the lame beginning of starting lower than before with Revan/Exile and get to explore those characters, how they've changed, grown as well as their companions and new ones as well as getting to finish their storyline than having the lameness of a new character again, learning as a padawan again, searching for Revan and Exile again and doing Revan and Exile's job for them again.

My interest is greater with the storyline issue than the gameplay one, since both alternatives are lame I rather have the brief lameness of one of my old protagonists losing their powers (Like Baldur's Gate 2) but be able to continue to explore that character and his/her story than have the much bigger lameness of a new character who had nothing to do with 1 and 2 come in step into Revan/Exile's shoes, finish their journey for them and further detach the games from each other in both characters and story just so I don't require an explanation why my character is at level 1.

And as for Revan and Exile in the Unknown Region, why do you think because they left there the game's would have to take place there? K3 can pick up just when Revan/Exile get back from the Unknown Regions as the enemy moves against the Republic.

If Baldur's Gate 2 could do it...and do it very well if I may add...there's no reason why K3 can't do it as well.

If Baldur's Gate 2 could do it...and do it very well if I may add...there's no reason why K3 can't do it as well.

Baldur's Gate 2 could do it because:

• It was the first sequel, and in BG1 you didn't 'lose your powers because of some incredibly lame or outright unexplained reason'. That has already been done for K1 and K2. Enough already.

• In BG2 you continued your character leveling where it ended in BG1. You weren't the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, and therefore you didn't need to have your powers reduced due to game balance reasons.

So really, there's no comparing the two. And again, it's nice and all to have a sequel. But nobody is going to make a sequel so attached to the previous installments that somebody who hasn't played them will have a hard time making sense of the story.

No matter what the devs choose, be it Revan, the exile, dark or light, a lot of people are going to be pissed because 'that's not the way it was!'.

Let them come up with a new story with new characters and pray they have the time to develop it to its full potential. If there is any mention of the previous games for those who have played them, so much better. But don't make the game a slave of past stories.

Simply, no.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Thank god that the people who make these games would not be dumb enough to submit to fanboism rather than logic or common sense and include Revan and the Exile as playable characters.

While a prequel could be possible, the mandalorian wars, we already know the choices the two characters made so it would really make a mockery of the whole point of KOTOR.

A completely new storyline would be the best option, significant cameos mostly are lame, pointless and the lazy, talentless writers way out. A mention of the characters would be worthwhile and interesting though, the inclusion of the exiles deciples as the new leaders of some kind of Jedi order for example.

As mentioned before the reason why Baldurs Gate 2 worked was because you reached level 7 by the end of the first game, then 20 by the end of the second and finaly the cap was removed for the final expansion. The level progression was just plain rediculous in TSL.

Knights of the New republic could be interesting (post ROTJ)

My main hope for KOTOR3 is that they make the game more difficult, in the movies jedis are not godlike, yeh they do kick ass but when seriously outnumbered, and/or outsmarted, they die just like the rest of them. Exceptions being with the very toughest, Yoda, Darth etc. As dumb as Lucas' implimentation of his storylines are in the new films, the darkside does not win through bruteforce dito with luke not single-handedly wiping out the empire.

Ok that was a very longwinded way of saying I hope they add some danger :rolleyes:

Thank god that the people who make these games would not be dumb enough to submit to fanboism rather than logic or common sense and include Revan and the Exile as playable characters.

This your first post is a masterpiece. We are in dire need of more sensible posters like you.

Fanboyism or not, the ending deserves to be answered, should it be with Revan, the Exile, or something. It's irritating to the consumer to leave gaping plot holes.

For personal taste, I'd like to see Revan return. Dark Side only, but that would alienate plenty of players. The reason why it would make sense for Revan to return is that you don't have to choose a head for him. You give him his robes and his mask from when he was a Sith Lord and one doesn't need the face. As for LS, it's hard to understand why he'd wear his mask, so one may just have to live with a preselected head from KOTOR1. That's a minor detail.

To explain his power is relatively simple. No one likes to start at level 1 with a vibrostick and no armor. That's why we all hated Peragus. It was handy for plot furthering, but we could have seriously done just as well waking up on the Harbinger with the Ebon Hawk in her bay.

Thus, you can have Revan at a moderate level in medias res and not lose much in playvalue.

The other option, a prequel from the Mandalorian Wars as Revan would be very interesting. A younger Kreia, Exile, and with luck, HK-47's assembly.

Just because you don't agree doesn't make me any less sensible than you 213374U so don't go there, just the same my opinion is no less valid than yours or vice versa.

I mentioned BG 2 as an exmaple of the general concept of what could be used not exactly the same thing. It was just a way to present how it can be possible to use the same protagonist again, not a suggestion to copy the same exact method.

A new story is always possible but considering K2's ending perhaps you'd realize that this story is quite not finished yet. Since there won't be an expansion to cover this fact many people are assuming this will be resolved in K3.

Assuming that someone that has not played K1 or K2 and then chooses to begin straight into K3 I would find uncommon, with noticeable exceptions here and there but again uncommon. So I doubt making sense of the story attached to the previous too will be a real issue.

No matter what the devs choose a lot of people will be pissed because that's not the way it was. That's where the variations come in don't they like in K2? You realize Revan was this or that, etc, etc, not the best system but even with some new character won't the same have to be figured out anyway?

So we can agree to just disagree and leave it at that I suppose.

roflolocopter I agree that I hope ithe next game brings more difficulty.

Revan and the Exile.

Two different adventures simultaneously connected and meeting at the end. The KotOR storyline then would truly be an epic saga. And with all the LS/DS, male/female variations and npc possibilities replays are extensive.

This would be a bit difficult on the Revan side, since you kill about half your party if you go DS.

darth vosa, as I responded to that. So you tell the game like in K2 and depending on that those npcs will show up or not. About those I'm only interested in Bastila and Jolee anyway (Carth can continue to0 appear in an important secondary role as admiral or rejoin). Fill out the rest of the spots with new npcs. Exile can't exactly take the same group either. Depending on how the games went it determines the possible npc party members that are available. That isn't hard to implement at all.

I think the only reasonable think is to play with a New guy...

For many reason, that I'll try to esplain:

-Revan and Exile... Why should they restart from L1? Another Brainwash\Connection Severed? Poor guys, I think that coming in that way the game will be know as "KotOR III: Fantozzi's Menace" (Fantozzi is a italian collection of movie from Villaggio about a jinxed, actually VERY jinxed, and not too smart italian Clerk... Personally I hate them, but is a good example...)

-Main character start from level above 1? Well, thinking that also Revan and Exile start at level 20... Should we leveling from 1 to 20, only to match the original with we had played KotOR I & II? And thinking about 35 level gained in game, (As much have gained I BEFORE the return to Telos...) at level 55 what the hell should we encounter to had a minimal sense of challenge? A 40 level Guardian\Weaponmaster Yautja? (AKA The Jedi Predator?)

-Party Members... Revan and Exile in DS or LS mood have their own friends\followers\slave... Why, and I'm questioning me about why, they should pick up some other strange guy from the galaxy when have companions like Handmaiden, Carth, etc... At this rate KotOR III end up as an expansion of the precedent games, and not a "sequel"...

-B&B... (Played with a male romantic character either...) Why should the two allow their Husbands\Lovers\Companions to leave house cleaning, child and other coniugal duty to save the galaxy? (OK this isn't a serious one...)

I'm done reasoning with you fanbois.

You call someone with a differant opinion to you a fanboy? Because we want a complete story.

Accept that someone has a differant opinion to you, and stop resorting to names when people dont agree with you after you have argued your point.

Its up to the Dev's anywys.

Cheers

Dan

Revan & the Exile don't neccesarily need to go back to level 1. If they've both gone off lookin 4 the real Sith, I'm gonna assume they're WAY tougher & smarter than the pansies they've had us fighting in the first two games which could balance the difficulty out more. The problem with KOTOR2 was the regular soldiers in the game were just way too easy to kill, as were the Sith Lords themselves. True Sith would most likely have powers more comperable to your own. At the end of the day it wouldn't matter that by the end of the game your a god, if the people your fighting are gods themselves.

If they do go the new main character route, then I reckon that they should be found & trained by the Exile (like Kreia but less irritating) & then u both go find Revan & the three of u kick some True Sith arse, whether u seek to rule or destroy them.

Making a KotOR III without having the story to continue to a final showdown would be an insult to the gaming community. While KotOR 1 might have stood on its own ground, KotOR II is just one hell of a build up to a third installment:

- Kreia saying that Revan never truly fell, that sometimes you have to be a bit evil in order to meet a greater threat.

- HK-47 indicating that he was left behind because Revan went to meet some greater evil, leaving HK to do some strange assassination missions.

- Canderous getting Mandalore's armor by Revan and being told to gather the Mandalorian clans.

- T3-M4's explanation of why he won't tell who's on his hologram and why he deleted the records showing on who recorded it.

- Go-To's was debating on why Revan left parts of the republic intact, speculating about Revan wanted to build a huge armada for some greater threat.

- Disciple makes the same discovery as Go-To aswell.

- Carth stating that Revan wanted him to keep the republic intact.

- Kreia saying that when she saw Revan, it was like staring at the heart of the force. While looking at the Exile, it was like staring at the death of the force. It might be an important clue on what will happen in KotOR III with Revan and the Exile.

- And of course finally, the Exile leaving(LS)/staying(DS) on M5 in order to prepare for the "true Sith".

Throwing all that out of the window like nothing happened is simply sheer stupidity. KotOR III might begin a couple of years after TSL, with a new player at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant, going on his first mission to (what the heck) Tatooine to investigate a ship that's crashed there, you find the Ebon Hawk and two droids, who are insisting that they need to to meet the Jedi Counsil or any other party member from KotOR or KotOR II, and the story kicks on from there.

So, it's option #3 for me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

'cause of a format I must still complete the game...

Howewer in many topics I read about "True Sith", and started thinking about them...

I Hope that "True Sith" aren't the Ancient Sith Race, 'cause them was infinitely weakest compared to "Fallen Jedi", (The ones that left the Order, in search of the knowledge upon Dark Side...) Fallen Jedi that accepted the mantle of "Sith Lord" 'cause the Sith Race view them as Gods...