KOTOR 3 Main Character

Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • Revan and Exile
    • A new guy, with Revan and/or exile as cameos
    • A new guy without mentioning Revan and/or exile

OK, since it seems the chances of KOTOR 3 going into development are high.

And it is favourite topic nowadays.

Who do you think should be the main character in KOTOR 3.

P.S. Let's see where the majority lies...

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I said Revan and the Exile, but you'd have to think up a damn good reason for them not having any force ability.... so I would suggest that there was a third PC, but that later on you could get Revan and the Exile in your party. I just didn't feel that that went into any of the poll categories...

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

New character but Revan and Exile should be in it so we know wha happened to them and their stories can be finished.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

After thinking about a bit, (not much is the truth)

I think

we should start the game with the exile, who is now travelling to outer rim and his connection to the Force has also been reduced (this could also give the opportunity to have him as a non force sensitive character) and then later, something about lvl 15 you meet Revan who has been caught by the true Sith.

The exile then comes with a plan to save Revan (as Revan is the only one who can fight the true Sith) and in that the exile may die or not (the player should be able to choose, maybe in regard of LS or DS).

Then you have Revan, who is also terribly weakened after his cappture. You then go back to known space and gather your stregth by seeking out ohter Jedi (Master Vandar could be one of them or you simply revisit Koriban or Atris academy to study some Sith holocrons).

During that time you meet up with new and old NPCs.

But something like this would require the game to be truly epic, maybe 50-60 hours or more.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Revan and the Exile.

Two different adventures simultaneously connected and meeting at the end. The KotOR storyline then would truly be an epic saga. And with all the LS/DS, male/female variations and npc possibilities replays are extensive.

This would be a bit difficult on the Revan side, since you kill about half your party if you go DS.

I'd rather play as a new character who goes off in search of Revan and the exile and finally finds them near the end of the game.

I'd also like to point out that all the NPC's can be brought back. Kreia rescusicated two "dead" characters.

There could have been a Jedi/Sith following Revan surreptitiously and ensuring that her fallen NPC's were only "mostly dead". Master Miracle Max. :p

I'd rather play as a new character who goes off in search of Revan and the exile and finally finds them near the end of the game.

I'd also like to point out that all the NPC's can be brought back. Kreia rescusicated two "dead" characters.

There could have been a Jedi/Sith following Revan surreptitiously and ensuring that her fallen NPC's were only "mostly dead". Master Miracle Max. :o

It's possible, but it stinks of the sort of deus ex machnia that should be avoided at all costs.

It would be interesting to see how a story can develop if Revan and the Exile chose different paths from each other. I haven't played KoTOR II in the dark path yet, but I can see how a different story can hybrid from have either: Light w/ Light; Dark w/ Dark and Light w/Dark, I'd like to see how Obsidian could develop a story from that!

I personally think it would be an incredibly dark and sinister twist if you have a DS Revan versus an LS Exile forced to square off against each other for the fate of the galaxy after the True Sith are defeated, or vice versa, a LS Revan vs DS Exile.

It would make the player have to choose between two characters they have grown to love, and destroy their other creation.....

Not to mention an awesome twist....

I would like to have both revan and the exile return but I think that there should be a new PC with half of the game in search of where revan and the exile went (i.e. wondering around known space looking for clues, this would allow you to pick up some NPCs and cameo's from old games/returning NPCs, also this could add some resolution to TSL) and the other half fighting along side revan and the exile.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I would like to have both revan and the exile return but I think that there should be a new PC with half of the game in search of where revan and the exile went (i.e. wondering around known space looking for clues, this would allow you to pick up some NPCs and cameo's from old games/returning NPCs, also this could add some resolution to TSL) and the other half fighting along side revan and the exile.

So you wish to have KOTOR 3 be a Easter Egg hunt, instead of a game about the invasion of the Sith? Yay

KOTOR 3 can not waste time in searching for anything. To do so would be boring. Especially in a conclusion.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

So you wish to have KOTOR 3 be a Easter Egg hunt, instead of a game about the invasion of the Sith? Yay

KOTOR 3 can not waste time in searching for anything. To do so would be boring. Especially in a conclusion.

Agreed.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This would be a bit difficult on the Revan side, since you kill about half your party if you go DS.

Hardly, the game would obviously have new npcs, that much is a no-brainer. And like K2 who appears in the game can be fashioned on how the previous games went. Naturally you could just choose who you want in your party, the others left over whether new or old well you can take them in ohter games, adds a lot of replay value if you don't get to see every npc with you in one journey.

In any case, as far Revan's old companions go, just give me Bastila and Jolee and I'm satisfied. Carth can stay as an important non-party npc Admiral like in K2 or he can rejoin the group, however the popular vote goes on that. Any others that interest me from K1 are already party members in K2 so just Bastila and Jolee is fine as far as the old crew.

I don't think it would be difficult at all, it would just take a very, very long time to develop a game with so many variations.

Agreed.

No I was thinking more along the lines that if you started as a new PC and not a continuation that you would need to find out where the exile and Revan went and as to why, and not just magicaly already know, also it would give you a tie in because everyone from the last two games are either suppost to be dead or still in the known galaxy. If your looking for any conculsion to TSL your going to need to stay in known space for a while, or else we will wind up with the begining of the game looking like the end of TSL.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png