Patch Wishlist

there's a bug i've had in the Peragus Fuel Depot. T3 goes in the elevator, goes to next level, and then the game gets messed up. When i try to move him forward, he starts, then stops. You can still hear him moving, but he just stays still. Sometimes he starts to jerk around in a circle. I heard someone else had that exact same problem. If anyone knows how to fix this, please respond! i've made the graphics really low (no grass, no shadows, etc.) but it still happens. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, and it keeps happening. If no one knows, i hope they have a fix in the patch (and the patch will hopefully come soon!)

Copy the 4.11 open GL driver into the KOTOR2 directory, I had exactly this problem, and it was fixed by the new driver.

PS: Yes, I know this is a cop out solution, but it all comes down to whether you want to wait to see if Obsidian is interested in fixing their product, or whether you want to play now. I chose b.

Short list:

1.) On Dantooine, while I am playing, I am unable to load a savegame. I can load from the main menu, but when trying to load in game it freezes and kicks me out of the game. Can't even switch to a different section of Dantooine.

2.) On Dantooine, the frames per second are SLOOOOWW, but when I go the graphics menu and change a setting like AA, it resets the screen and its much better.

3.) Swoopbike racing doesn't record scores properly when you beat a record time.

4.) The main section of Telos really chugs compared to the rest of it...still playable, but there has to be something that slows it down that much.

Those are ones that i've noticed...using a Radeon 9600 pro, fyi...

heliot--

what folder is that specifically? where do i find it? anyone who knows is quite welcome to respond. thx.

Item for patch:

Increase default selectable refresh rates to include 100 Hz

This may be a small item, but most modern games have this by default if you are presented with the option of running at certain resolutions and certain refresh rates.

Also, it is good to have the maximum refresh rate possible -- as determined by the monitor driver -- If you sit in front of the PC for long periods of time gaming or just doing work. 100 Hz is optimal for long stretches and lessens the strain put on your eyes compared to say 60 Hz and even 85 Hz (the current max refresh rate of KOTOR 2).

Fix the Dialouge problems. Such as when speaking to someone, it completley skip what they have to say and then you are left with what to say without the knowledge of what they said.

I don't believe that is entirely accurate. I have to check when I get home, but I thought I noticed that their response appears above the main screen.

Normally, I don't look up there, since I prefer to read what they say as they say it, but if it skips...

When I get home, I'll make sure, then perhaps I'll post some screenshots.

Only their last line of dialogue appears. If they have more than one line, everything before the last line is lost.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

What I believe happened is that Obsidian began development with the gold version of KOTOR or perhaps even earlier. The post-release patches never made it into the code.

I strongly advise everyone having problems to POLITELY email Lucasarts and tell them in detail what bugs you're having. All support is routed through Lucasarts as the publisher and they alone control authorization and approval of a patch, even though Obsidian will be creating the patch. The more issues we bring to their attention early on, with coherent explanations, the greater the chances of them being fixed.

Bugs and lacking features I have noted include:

BUGS:

• Fix of 'warp' bug when saving. If the main character is moving at all when you save or open the preferences screen, they can shoot forward as if they never stopped moving. This happened also in the original KOTOR, but in the original, it also happened in area transitions, which I haven't seen yet in KOTOR 2.
  • Pazaak bug on Telos: When you are taught Pazaak, it is impossible to click 'End Hand'. Normal Pazaak games do not have this problem.
    Music and movies that should not be unlocked yet are available in a new game, causing plot spoilers.
  • Cut scenes often cut abruptly, ignoring the last seconds of the cut scene and obscuring in-game dialog immediately following. This issue did not occur in KOTOR 1.
  • Swoop racing is bugged, at least on Telos. No matter how fast you race, the game tells you you have beaten none of the track records. The racing itself works fine, but you can't win.

FEATURE REQUESTS:

• Small Font option ala KOTOR 1. The font and UI are really huge at 800x600 and pretty big even at 1024x786 and 1280x960. 1600x1200 is decent.
  • Fix eyeballs and insides of mouth being visible through the skin of holograms..it's disturbing.
  • Sharper Textures! Game looks blurry in places, even with Anisotropy set high and AA set low. Having an option for users with high-end systems would be nice. For an example, check out the texture on a protocol droid during a conversation. It's very blocky and blurry.
  • When you change the attack stance mode, nothing happens until you click it to set the mode. An indicator would help people notice they need to click it.
  • Music and movies that should not be unlocked yet are available in a new game, causing plot spoilers.
  • Indicators for what effects a character is under, as in the original KOTOR would be VERY helpful. Example: Adrenal Alacrity and the icon that shows in the Character Info screen.
  • An indicator that shows influence with a party member ala the Light/Dark meter would be VERY helpful.
  • An extra combat difficulty level or two for experienced players. Combat in the game, even set to 'Difficult', is too easy.
  • Add a Walk key. This was added in one of the first patches to KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 even refers to walking, yet you cannot do so. Very lame.
  • You should be able to switch between upgrading and creating/breaking down at a workbench without quitting and using the workbench again.
  • Allow refresh rates of 100Hz and 120Hz if monitor supports them at that resolution.

PERFORMANCE/STABILITY TIPS:

• If you're having frame buffer issues on an ATI video card, you can either replace the atioglxx.dll with one from the 4.2 - 4.11 range of Catalysts, or if you don't care about the effects and just want to fix performance, you can disable Frame Buffer Effects in the game and add the line

Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

Under the [Graphics Options] section. This should increase performance greatly.

• Turn off Soft Shadows on all ATI cards..it's a massive FPS hit, even on X800 series cards. Not sure if there is a bug or if the hardware is not optimized for the effect.
  • To reduce the FPS hit in busy or smoky areas, reduce or disable AA, and if possible, enable Temporal AA for higher/equal quality at a lower cost.
  • Do NOT alt-tab away from the game if you can help it. Obsidian and Lucasarts officially label the game as 'unstable' if you do so, and I've confirmed this. I can have 70FPS, alt-tab away, and come back to find the game locked into 2 or 3 FPS until I quit and restart the game.
  • If you DO find the game becoming choppy, reset the graphics engine by disabling/enabling Frame Buffer Effects or changing the levels of AA or Anisotropy. This will allow you to play at normal speed again.

I am not very far in this game but there are some things that I would appreciate being addressed:

- dialogue with non-human-language-speaking species is too fast

- there are some typos in dialogues that could be easily fixed (e.g. "athough" instead of "although" or missing punctuations)

- _BAD_ textures for the Ebon Hawk, protocoll droids and weapons (the grass on Dantooine does not look good either, but it is not as disturbing)

- the game does not switch to full screen when started but instead runs in a window (which did not happen the first time)

Oh well, I haven't encountered any serious bug so far but I really hope Obsidian will address these issues. Whatever the priorities are, I would personally like to see better textures.

I realy hope that Obsidian will take this suggestions serious and put as much as possbible of it to one upcoming patch. (Please Obsidian :o )

Another idea for the patch, which would realy rock :D :

- Put back the Droid Planet into the game, so that we can finish the HK/GoTo subplot!

But this have time till the second or third patch :cool:

Fix texturing in Peragus Mining Station. At certain viewing angles, all is black. Not nice.

Better performance/optimising... could run max AA on KotOR, but can't run AA at all on Sith Lords... should be no reason for this.

Fix ALL loading issues/times. Not good.

Anyone else feel this game is still firmly in beta? I'm just not gonna play it until a patch is released... it's not worth it.

I realy hope that Obsidian will take this suggestions serious and put as much as possbible of it to one upcoming patch. (Please Obsidian  :) )

But this have time till the second or third patch  :cool:

It's going to take time for the devs to understand and figure out the problems, and then code and *TEST* (please test this time!) the patch. Even if they rush, it could be a number of days.

Personally, they should figure out the worst problems (ATI, Disabled sound to run, install issues) first and release a patch just so people can run the game.

Then the next patch should handle non-critical errors and potentially cosmetic issues.

If they try to do everything in one patch, we could literally be here for 3-5 months before we see anything.

I realy hope that Obsidian will take this suggestions serious and put as much as possbible of it to one upcoming patch. (Please Obsidian  :wub: )

Another idea for the patch, which would realy rock  :D :

- Put back the Droid Planet into the game, so that we can finish the HK/GoTo subplot!

But this have time till the second or third patch  :cool:

That's the sort of thing that you'll be able to find online in a few months- like the other darkside female ending that was cut from the release version on KotOR :)

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

If they try to do everything in one patch, we could literally be here for 3-5 months before we see anything.

Unfortunately, with the way patch QA and approval goes... We're probably looking at 4-5 weeks MINIMUM for a patch to reach us (unless LA and Obsidian KNEW about these problems and couldn't correct them before the game went Gold in its final Release Candidate).

I don't work for LA or Obsidian (or even in the games/software industry), but as a long time gamer I do know that it isn't as easy as everyone hopes when it comes to pactches. The biggest problem is of course the bureacracy in getting patch time scheduled, approved and then tested... That is why I said unless LA and Obsidian know about these problems we are looking at a good month if not longer I predict.

I don't know where that leaves those who can't play the game at all (I can play it, but it is obvious it has a lot of glitches and performance optimization problems), but this is one reason why I NEVER buy games at launch (with the execption of this one; I gambled because I liked the first one so much).

My current issues

-Can't talk to Bao Dur

-Having a party member click on a terminal or computer causes the game to lockup. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works

-I'm having problems with getting my character to move. I have to use a party member to move around and then I can get my character to move again.

My sysyem is

Windows XP Professional

Celeron 2. Ghz

760 Mb ram

Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200

Creative Audigy 2 zs

I have found that the actions the active character makes do not have sound or at least the sound seams very distant.

Also on Nar Shaada in the poison gas bar, the characters jump across the room in the same way that they did on Taris before KOTOR 1 was first patched.

Is it part of the game to be able to discuss the sight Visas gave you with Kreia as many times as you want and continue to gain influence over Kreia?