Your character names

I'm a little curious.To me one of the best parts of any game like this is naming your character.So what,and why,did you name your character(s) what you did?

I'm asking also because when i showed my buddy my characters name,and what i chose as my username here,he laughed.

I think it has a very Star Wars feel to it...Fargo Farth.This guy had to be tough going through life with a name like that. :D

Seriously though i know there has to be some good names out there and stories behind them.

For KOTOR 2, my DS Male was Tarak, my LS Male was Nexus, and my DS Female... I forgot her name.

I don't like two names for a character, I always prefer just one name, like how Malak and Revan were known as only Malak and Revan, and nothing more.

Booger McGee & C.um Bubble were the names I used.

The why as to my names: Cause it's a game, and who the hell cares what the name of your character is? The NPC's aren't going to cry about it.

edit: Ok, so the second name was edited, so just remove the "."

What I found interesting was that my favorite NWN PC, Galia (a RDD), had her name used as the Princess of Onderon who united the people of the city with the Beast Riders. :D

I like to use the random name generator. :) That way the PC almost names themself and takes on their own personality from there. :-

Am I the only one?

For Ls: Sex with Animals.

For Ds. Stupid Topic.

Talk about post-1139-1106175682.gif

PS i think u might have a problem. post-1139-1106175731.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I'm a little curious.To me one of the best parts of any game like this is naming your character.So what,and why,did you name your character(s) what you did?

I'm asking also because when i showed my buddy my characters name,and what i chose as my username here,he laughed.

I think it has a very Star Wars feel to it...Fargo Farth.This guy had to be tough going through life with a name like that. :D

Seriously though i know there has to be some good names out there and stories behind them.

Heh, names I use are the same 4 I am known as in online games :rolleyes:

1) Kalfear D'Elanthra

(Originally a Lawful Evil Wiz/Cleric/Fighter from D&D. The last name comes from a Drow Role Playing Guild I was a member of back in original NWN on AOL 14 years ago)

2) Lygar D'Elanthra

(Originally a Theif/Fighter in D&D, The last name comes from a Drow Role Playing Guild I was a member of back in original NWN on AOL 14 years ago)

3) Shadosin (was my drow Wizard for NWN. I dont use last name for him because of normal restrictions on letter amounts in games) Was originally created as the brother of Drathsin (friends drow assassin in NWN.

4) Grud Bludgeonbeater (this one only used for trolls or Ogres in fantasy based games). Originally created as a half orc fighter in D&D that had a complex where he wanted to be liked by everyone. Was Chaotic Good and a blast to play as because of appearence the chances anyone will like him are slim to none.

hehe been useing them all (except Shadosin) for 25 years (original P&P D&D character names that I transfered over to RPGs, then MMORPGs)

For the first time through i'm gonna be a LS male and i'm gonna use the name Keiran Halycron. I'll let those of you who have read some EU workout where that 1 is from.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

LS Male Sentinel/Watchman: Dylan Deschain

LS Male Guardian/Weapons Master: Garet Jax

DS Female Consular Sith Lord: Kyrie Elieson

Kyrie Elieson is Greek for "Lord, Have Mercy," which I thought fit well because I always feel guilty playing dark side. :(

Dylan Deschain is a combination of Bob Dylan and Roland Deschain from Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

If you know who Garet Jax is, you win 100,000 cool points. And a cookie.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Kyrie Elieson is Greek for "Lord, Have Mercy," which I thought fit well because I always feel guilty playing dark side.  :)

Dylan Deschain is a combination of Bob Dylan and Roland Deschain from Stephen King's Dark Tower series.

LOL I actually DO know where its from but hell if I can remember the book series names or author all this time later!

(heh, reason I know is was a Garret Jax in my guild in NWN 14 years ago who told me and more recently saw a Garret Jax in SWG who felt he had to tell me again! hehe)

Kyrie Elieson is Greek for "Lord, Have Mercy," which I thought fit well because I always feel guilty playing dark side.  ;)

Wishsong of Shanarra, I believe. Wielded two long swords, and killed some beast that only magic-users had killed before. Cool character.

One of my friends suggested those books to me, read one (A guy with friend gets a ring and has to do something and this old guy does something and his friend ends up in the big prison, and the main character likes a girl who knows the sewers and they were betrayed when they were trying to do something). Never was interested enough to keep going though. ;)