Kotor3 MORPG?

Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want kotor3 to be a massive online rpg

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

Or we can just educate the 5 people who voted yes until they understand the language and have some hard-won understanding of grammar and the meaning of simple sentences, then dooming them to play MMORPG's for the rest of their short, miserable little lives........

I would certainly try out a MMORPG which was set before Empire, with Jedi as starting class. Would be ever sweeter with pvp against Dark Jedi. i dont think KotOR would suit it now, Its single player. But set in the same timeframe would work for me, or even set around episode 1 timeframe ;). Gah... infact anytime just not Empire as there should not be any Jedi left :huh:

I would certainly try out a MMORPG which was set before Empire, with Jedi as starting class. Would be ever sweeter with pvp against Dark Jedi. i dont think KotOR would suit it now, Its single player. But set in the same timeframe would work for me, or even set around episode 1 timeframe :(. Gah... infact anytime just not Empire as there should not be any Jedi left  =]

An MMORPG that lets everyone start out as a Jedi would be disastrous, a blatant disgrace to the world of Star Wars. Not to mention there would be zero continuity. Ten thousand Jedi running around per server? Yeah, lots of fun.

- dr cloak

Not once did i say such a task would be easy, keeping the unique and rare feel would be a challenge that i could not overcome. but with combined talent around today great games can be made. Maybe if there was only 3000 max players per server ( like DAoC ). Also little things like no material possesions bar your robes and saber. No cash for Jedi.. no crafting things etc etc. Add that to some really nice other classes like Bounty hunter and such, only they can do the things Jedi cant. The Jedi could still make groups, do pvp, Roleplay, but none of the other cool stuff. BTW i am not suggesting anything i say can or would work. Just passing idea's around while i wait for febuary to come :(.

i play EVE Online as SWG just isnt the Star Wars i am willing to pay

Kotor is fine as it is and does not need to be an MMORPG. As stated there's Galaxies which I would not play because I will not pay to play online.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I would certainly try out a MMORPG which was set before Empire, with Jedi as starting class. Would be ever sweeter with pvp against Dark Jedi. i dont think KotOR would suit it now, Its single player. But set in the same timeframe would work for me, or even set around episode 1 timeframe ;). Gah... infact anytime just not Empire as there should not be any Jedi left  :(

An MMORPG that lets everyone start out as a Jedi would be disastrous, a blatant disgrace to the world of Star Wars. Not to mention there would be zero continuity. Ten thousand Jedi running around per server? Yeah, lots of fun.

- dr cloak

Actually if you did it in the right age there would be no continuity break. KoToR wouldn't be the right age, but lets say at the height of the Republic, well before the emperor, you could get away with a lot of Jedi. Also before the sith war with Exar Kun. Heck I would do it right at that time. You could have a lot of LS and DS, a grand Galactic battle, do some skills that made non-Jedi combative and important, and just over all if you took your que from galaxies as what not to do then it would be a great game.

A Star Wars MMO POS already exists - it's called "Galexies".  <_<

I think he wanted a good Star Wars MMORPG.

"I think he wanted a good Star Wars MMORPG"

Bang on :)

I know KotOR would not make a good MMO like that guy just said, but i was getting at the timeframe being good, not the KotOR story for mmorpg. Also i know a good Jedi type mmorpg would work, playing online with freinds or just mature people you meet online is a great laugh. I have tried and tested this. MMORPG is a good thing, played them for 3 years now and some very funny things happen. Although i dont despute games like KotOR are also great.

TBH honest i am only still playing EVE Online till something like this happens. but having heaps of Jedi run around in empire times is crazy, and thats whats happening in SWG right now. To wierd for me :shifty:

This is my problem you see, i love this kotor games but once it's done i'll have to wait 2 years or so for more good lightsaber action. I could replay this for years but i would much rather log on to a MMO every day/week with this kind of saber action. Paying

I think he wanted a good Star Wars MMORPG.
Such a thing is a mathematical impossibility.

Infact, i think, that Star Wars will one day be the reason that MMOPRG was even envented. The could work so well together if done right. SWG is crap becasue they done it totally the wrong way, made it like EQ( maybe Sony's fault? ). What's really needed to come back at it from a differant angle. Just my opinion again :shifty:

Was also said that have thousands of Jedi would not be good fun. What can you do? why does everyone want to be Jedi?... because jedi are cool it's that simple, people want to be Jedi's lol. I would also bet a few bucks that if all the sides were equal. there would be far less jedi that sith cuase i know pvp gamers to well >_<

'such a thing is a mathematical impossibility' 'whats really needed is to come at it from a different angle. just my opinion again'

im afraid that a dude ypu probly think rather a lot of sed its a mathematical impossibility to make a gd star wars mmorpg so im afraid your opinion is obsolete.

btw why on earth is it a mathematical impossibilty, its not maths for a start

Well, if you would have fun running around in an MMORPG with thousands of other Jedi, then thats great. But I'm fairly certain it wouldn't work in the long run. If every character was a Jedi, who would play the other professions, if they existed? Answer...nobody.

- dr cloak

They would i can tell you that for sure, but having more than 1 character slots is very important. Sure everyone will have a Jedi, but the 2nd/3rd slots they could make healer/gunner etc. Just make the big quests/events so that you simply must have a healer or gunner in your group to win.

Add the fact that Jedi's cant craft things like armor/weapons/ammo ( like other mmo's ), or own more than say X amount of credits at anyone given time. Jedi cant use all the cool named guns and cool toys.. you know the stuff i mean. Ofc bar the saber and robes. Dunno really but hell it's worth a bash :(