To the Devs, Thank You

Look. The game frustrated the hell out of me when I first put it in. Half the time it wouldn't read the disc, and I have a pretty clean XBox because I constantly maintain it. Then it locked up repeatedly and ate my save games.

But, I turned off auto-save, and alternate between multiple saves. I've still never had a console game lock up this much before, and despite that I'm really enjoying the game.

The dialogue, even in the simple Peragus logs, is quite good. The NPCs all feel like real people with seperate personalities. Many of the small gameplay changes really add to the game.

I'm also seeing a few MCA touches here and there. You wake up next to a morgue to start the game, and have a female mentor? Torment references perhaps?

We just needed a floating ball droid named Monte.

I can't say much more without risking spoilers, even light ones, but my girlfriend and I fight over who gets to play the game.

Look.  The game frustrated the hell out of me when I first put it in.  Half the time it wouldn't read the disc, and I have a pretty clean XBox because I constantly maintain it.  Then it locked up repeatedly and ate my save games.

But, I turned off auto-save, and alternate between multiple saves.  I've still never had a console game lock up this much before, and despite that I'm really enjoying the game.

The dialogue, even in the simple Peragus logs, is quite good.  The NPCs all feel like real people with seperate personalities.  Many of the small gameplay changes really add to the game.

I'm also seeing a few MCA touches here and there.  You wake up next to a morgue to start the game, and have a female mentor?  Torment references perhaps?

I can't say much more without risking spoilers, even light ones, but my girlfriend and I fight over who gets to play the game.

Haha, we'll see if you still thank them after you beat the game.

- dr cloak

Drop the name and wait for it.

:x

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

And I keep winning. Heh.

Seriously, I'm absolutely loving the game so far. Playing DS, of course. The music played when you gain a DS point makes me giddy. Just ask TJ, I was grinning like an idiot when I gained my first DS point.

The dialogue options are great. I love not having to scroll through a plain list of save games. I really dig that you seem to pick up different items depending on what path you play.

I'm about 4 hours in so far and just starting to really explore Telos.

I want mooorrrrrrre!

Speaking of, time to go kill more innocent NPC'S! Muahahahaha.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

Yeah, did loot somehow become random?

She and I got very different loot on Peragus. And we're both pretty confident we both blanketed the whole area. There are several things I got that she didn't, and vice versa.

I also noticed a character appearance in game that didn't happen in hers because she said Revan was evil.

I can't wait to see all the differences.

Yeah, did loot somehow become random?

She and I got very different loot on Peragus.  And we're both pretty confident we both blanketed the whole area.  There are several things I got that she didn't, and vice versa.

I also noticed a character appearance in game that didn't happen in hers because she said Revan was evil.

I can't wait to see all the differences.

Yeah, around 90% of the loot drops are random. This goes for containers too.

- dr cloak

I have to agree. I just finished the game, and I have to say that there was obviously a lot of love for this game on behalf of the dev team. It's rare when I finish a game and think to myself, "I need to know more...when's the next installment coming out?"

Well played, sirrahs.

Dracomicron

Hoary Veteran

Formerly Draconis, Master of Deception

Head ST for Demon and Orpheus on Blood Chronicles online chat

I have to agree.  I just finished the game, and I have to say that there was obviously a lot of love for this game on behalf of the dev team.  It's rare when I finish a game and think to myself, "I need to know more...when's the next installment coming out?"

Well played, sirrahs.

My thoughts exactly. People have been bashing the ending but in my opinion it was almost perfect....

Actually, I more like, 7 hours into the game. But it just locked up as I was trying to save. Grrrr. I won't be a very happy Sarahbeast if both my saved games are lost.

Looks like Ender's sleeping on the couch tonight for something that wasn't even his fault. :thumbsup:

On topic, the last couple of responses have me somewhat calmed about the ending. Now if only February would roll around already. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

On topic, the last couple of responses have me somewhat calmed about the ending. Now if only February would roll around already.

I couldn't agree more.

I've pre-ordered it, so at least I know i already have it, but not till Feb (big giant DUH!).

Oh the pain, the pain of it all.

Back on topic, at least some like the ending. That has calmed me aswell. I just needed some reassurance that the ending was any good. I was already certain i'd like the ending, but everyone blamming it, got me a little concerned. Now I can lay those fears to rest.

Funeral is at 2.30pm Monday.

Actually, I more like, 7 hours into the game. But it just locked up as I was trying to save. Grrrr. I won't be a very happy Sarahbeast if both my saved games are lost.

Looks like Ender's sleeping on the couch tonight for something that wasn't even his fault. :p

Actually, it's too damn cold in our house for him to sleep on the couch. :D

And only one of my saved games was corrupted, so I only had to replay about 20 minutes worth of the game. Almost done with Telos, and I'm still having fun!

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

Actually, it's too damn cold in our house for him to sleep on the couch.  :D

And only one of my saved games was corrupted, so I only had to replay about 20 minutes worth of the game.  Almost done with Telos, and I'm still having fun!

How often do you have to save? How often do you recommend saving, based on the instability issues a lot of people are facing?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually, it's too damn cold in our house for him to sleep on the couch.  :D

And only one of my saved games was corrupted, so I only had to replay about 20 minutes worth of the game.  Almost done with Telos, and I'm still having fun!

How often do you have to save? How often do you recommend saving, based on the instability issues a lot of people are facing?

Speaking for myself, my saving habits were the same for this game as any other crpg.

I experienced some bugs, but nothing major.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle