KotOR 2: C.R.A.P.

First off I'd like to say I loved KotOR 1, and I play it to this day, having beaten it approximatley 5 times, 3 times dark, twice light. When I heard KotOR 2 was coming out, I was psyched. I loved the first, and I thought that another could only be better. But when I heard Obsidian was doing the game and not Bioware, I kind of turned into a pessimist. When KotOR 2 finally arrived yesterday, I bought the first copy from my local Wal-Mart. I couldn't wait to go home and play it. When I opened it up, I popped that disk in and started playing. And immediatley I was disappointed. The graphics: THEY SUCK! How could Obsidian not improve on the graphics? In my opinion, they suck worse than the first one's did. The sounds are not as breathtaking as the first game. I find a lack of storyline interest; it just doesn't seem as immersing as the first KotOR. What I really want to know is how Obsidian could take a game, add some crap to it, and call it a sequel. It's more like a CRAP-uel to me. This game sucks. 1up.com gave the game a 7.5 out of 10, and that is overrating the game. This game is crap. It's dumb. It's abyssmal to say the least. Obsidian should stop making RPG's and start making games like Rugrats and Shrek because apparently that's all they can do. If you haven't already bought this game, don't; go spend your money on a better game like Full Spectrum Warrior or Pulse Racer if you want some quality fun.

Signed,

An Extremeley Unhappy Gamer

First off I'd like to say I loved KotOR 1, and I play it to this day, having beaten it approximatley 5 times, 3 times dark, twice light.  When I heard KotOR 2 was coming out, I was psyched.  I loved the first, and I thought that another could only be better.  But when I heard Obsidian was doing the game and not Bioware, I kind of turned into a pessimist.  When KotOR 2 finally arrived yesterday, I bought the first copy from my local Wal-Mart.  I couldn't wait to go home and play it.  When I opened it up, I popped that disk in and started playing.  And immediatley I was disappointed.  The graphics: THEY SUCK!  How could Obsidian not improve on the graphics?  In my opinion, they suck worse than the first one's did.  The sounds are not as breathtaking as the first game.  I find a lack of storyline interest; it just doesn't seem as immersing as the first KotOR.  What I really want to know is how Obsidian could take a game, add some crap to it, and call it a sequel.  It's more like a CRAP-uel to me.  This game sucks.  1up.com gave the game a 7.5 out of 10, and that is overrating the game.  This game is crap.  It's dumb.  It's abyssmal to say the least.  Obsidian should stop making RPG's and start making games like Rugrats and Shrek because apparently that's all they can do.  If you haven't already bought this game, don't; go spend your money on a better game like Full Spectrum Warrior or Pulse Racer if you want some quality fun.

Signed,

An Extremeley Unhappy Gamer

Although I appreciate this new take on the game, having only heard good things about it from other sources, perhaps you would be better understood if you calmly explained, in detail, what you don't like. Don't just come in saying it's crap and that we should all buy other games.

Also, be warned: This is the homepage of the game you are insulting. You are very likely to be flamed for what many would consider trolling.

EDIT: Clarifying somewhat further, what about the sound or the storyline don't you like? (Personally, Im not too concerned with graphics.)

The graphics: THEY SUCK! How could Obsidian not improve on the graphics? In my opinion, they suck worse than the first one's did.

By default this means you thought the first game's graphics sucked too. Interesting!

I find a lack of storyline interest; it just doesn't seem as immersing as the first KotOR.

That's funny. Almost every reviewer and every person who has played the game thinks otherwise. Folks, the story is better than KOTOR 1 -- take my word for it.

What I really want to know is how Obsidian could take a game, add some crap to it, and call it a sequel. It's more like a CRAP-uel to me. This game sucks. 1up.com gave the game a 7.5 out of 10, and that is overrating the game. This game is crap. It's dumb. It's abyssmal to say the least. Obsidian should stop making RPG's and start making games like Rugrats and Shrek because apparently that's all they can do. If you haven't already bought this game, don't; go spend your money on a better game like Full Spectrum Warrior or Pulse Racer if you want some quality fun.

How old are you, 8? You write like it. I don't think Obsidian was gearing this game towards your age group anyway. Better stick to playing Shrek, kid.

Look, Mr. "DoGooder". I don't need your stupid opinion on what to write and what not to write in this forum. If I want to post that I think this game is crap, then I'll post that it's crap. As long as im not cursing or posting bad things on here, there's not a cotton-picking thing you can do about it. And you need to learn to spell. "Apparenttly" is spelled with two T's; not one. So when you've gone to grammar school, you can come back and play with the Big Dog's, lil' boi.

Look, Mr. "DoGooder".  I don't need your stupid opinion on what to write and what not to write in this forum.  If I want to post that I think this game is crap, then I'll post that it's crap.  As long as im not cursing or posting bad things on here, there's not a cotton-picking thing you can do about it.  And you need to learn to spell.  "Apparenttly" is spelled with two T's; not one.  So when you've gone to grammar school, you can come back and play with the Big Dog's, lil' boi.

apparently

\Ap*par"ent*ly\, adv. 1. Visibly. [Obs.] --Hobbes.

2. Plainly; clearly; manifestly; evidently.

If he should scorn me so apparently. --Shak.

3. Seemingly; in appearance; as, a man may be apparently friendly, yet malicious in heart.

Look, Mr. "DoGooder".  I don't need your stupid opinion on what to write and what not to write in this forum.  If I want to post that I think this game is crap, then I'll post that it's crap.  As long as im not cursing or posting bad things on here, there's not a cotton-picking thing you can do about it.  And you need to learn to spell.  "Apparenttly" is spelled with two T's; not one.  So when you've gone to grammar school, you can come back and play with the Big Dog's, lil' boi.

Actually, sir I did not tell you what to write or not to write. I simply said that you had a much better chance of being understood or agreed with if you would explain yourself. I was just trying to be helpful.

Darth DoGooder

[Light Side Points Gained]

For: Replying in a calm and polite manner.

LOL! :D

But did I gain influence anywhere? :-"

EDIT: Edonidd, I was going to ignore that comment. However, you make my case for me. TY.

Big Dog's, lil' boi.

Play with Mr. Big Dog's what?

Well, while you dogs have been playing and mauling small animals, we humans invented civilization, something you seem somewhat unacquainted with. It'll take some time to master, but when you learn the proper place for excrement, not to sit on the couch, and are thoroughly domesticated, I promise you will garner many a doggie-biscuit.

Oh, and boy is spelled with a "y". Still, good spelling for a dog.

And immediatley I was disappointed.  The graphics: THEY SUCK!  How could Obsidian not improve on the graphics?  In my opinion, they suck worse than the first one's did.

By all accounts the graphics are the same as the first game, and the first game the graphics were kind of kick arse. Same engine, same base graphics. Besides, in a CRPG graphics are a silly thing to complain about.

The sounds are not as breathtaking as the first game.  I find a lack of storyline interest; it just doesn't seem as immersing as the first KotOR.

The first game didn't have any breathtaking sounds in my opinion. They were just there. I think you are seeing the first game with rose coloured glasses. As for the plot of the first game there were so many plotholes and amateurish writing in it that it wasn't immersive at all.

What I really want to know is how Obsidian could take a game, add some crap to it, and call it a sequel.  It's more like a CRAP-uel to me.

You never played Baldur's gate 2 or Fallout 2 have you. There is more to a game than just graphics, sound, and music. There is the story and if you take a different story within the same setting which references the first and place it in the same game engine, you have a sequel. It is obvious to me that you have no clue.

This game sucks.  1up.com gave the game a 7.5 out of 10, and that is overrating the game.  This game is crap.  It's dumb.  It's abyssmal to say the least.

That is subjective assessment which it seems others do not share. Why don't you actually state what "sucks" about it in clear language. Such as KotOR 1 had amateurish writing style because of the overuse of foreshadow which in turn ruin any sort of plot twist that Bioware was trying to make. See how that works.

Obsidian should stop making RPG's and start making games like Rugrats and Shrek because apparently that's all they can do.  If you haven't already bought this game, don't; go spend your money on a better game like Full Spectrum Warrior or Pulse Racer if you want some quality fun.

Obviously you are ignorant and the ignorant should be ignored. The people of Obsidian have made games like Icewind Dale, Fallout, and Planescape Torment and nothing like Rugrats and Shrek. Try their older games before making stupid comments like that.

Before you post again, do all of us a favor and grow a clue.

Im going to step out of the nice role for just a moment:

Before you post again, do all of us a favor and grow a clue.

*applauds*

Okay, now Im back.

pnkpntherboi99, Im sorry that you have issues with this game, but flaming us and trolling on the forum is no way to win support. And if you are not looking for support, then it becomes quite obvious that the only reason you have for being here is either to b*tch or try to make us angry. You succeed in both, but achieve nothing. If you hate it so much, then why do you waste your time on us? Obviously we are unworthy. There is no logical consistency to your actions.

I do hope that this can come to a peaceful end, but the only one of us who can decide that is you.

lol hades whales on the new boy pink panther, mwhahaha serves him right. as for

your reaction to darthdogooder well it was kinda childish, if you hav a strong opinion on something you have to be prepared for people to disagree, and get the better of you! :-

Look, Mr. "DoGooder".  I don't need your stupid opinion on what to write and what not to write in this forum.  If I want to post that I think this game is crap, then I'll post that it's crap.  As long as im not cursing or posting bad things on here, there's not a cotton-picking thing you can do about it. 

Bad hair day? One of your words is considered cursing plus flaming others is not in the fourms best interest so it's ok when this thread gets deleted right?

And you need to learn to spell.  "Apparenttly" is spelled with two T's; not one.  So when you've gone to grammar school, you can come back and play with the Big Dog's, lil' boi.

In which country is that? :-

I do believe this was a bait thread, and we all fell for it. :">

i dont mind if someone doesnt like the game.. that is their own right to an opinion.. just annoys me that he was rude... even after DarthDoGooder was so nice about it.. either way, you dont come to the main forum of a game, complain saying its the crappiest game, blah blah.. without explaining why..

Bet you he hasnt even played it... :-

Hahaha. This threa dis hialrious. Both sides should be ahsamed of thesmelves.

1. The thread starter is obviously a nut.

2. Anyone who says 'trust me' when it comes to reviewing a game should not be trusted AT ALL.

3. Hades says the writing was 'juvenile' yet that same writing has earned great props from him in the past and got the game a nearly 90% rating in his review. Therefore, his opinion doesn't count as it simply doesn't make sense.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

3. Hades says the writing was 'juvenile' yet that same writing has earned great props from him in the past and got the game a nearly 90% rating in his review. Therefore, his opinion doesn't count as it simply doesn't make sense.

I said amatuerish, not juvenile.

There is a BIG difference.

"amatuerish not juvenile."

Either way it is inconsistent with you've said before. Then again, you are consistent in your inconsistency so don't let that stop you. :-

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.