Xbox has long loading and frame rate issues?

i dont understand the rates and loading times?!!?!? on my xbox kotor 1 loaded quick giving u just enough time to read info it displays and it looked great on my xbox too. Can sum1 explain framrate plz :-

and im gonna import it from america so i can play it on my xbox too  :D  so i dont have to wait till feb for it to **** out in the uk b4 i can play :lol:

You're gonna be dissapointed. US Xbox games don't run on other versions of Xbox (european/UK in your case).

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

There was no doubt, but the xbox siders now see the truth that is painfull, they will get the beta version of the game

They chose to walk the easy path...

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

i dont understand the rates and loading times?!!?!? on my xbox kotor 1 loaded quick giving u just enough time to read info it displays and it looked great on my xbox too. Can sum1 explain framrate plz :-

and im gonna import it from america so i can play it on my xbox too  :D  so i dont have to wait till feb for it to **** out in the uk b4 i can play :lol:

You're gonna be dissapointed. US Xbox games don't run on other versions of Xbox (european/UK in your case).

Ofcourse they do, but you have to mod it first.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i dont understand the rates and loading times?!!?!? on my xbox kotor 1 loaded quick giving u just enough time to read info it displays and it looked great on my xbox too. Can sum1 explain framrate plz :p

Ofcourse they do, but you have to mod it first.

I meant in their original condition :-

With a modded xbox you get fast loading times on xbox too. Just put the game on the harddrive  :lol: 

the loadings time were a little bit faster after i put the first on my hdd but it was negligible. i really didn't find the load times to be that long anyway.

the framerate wasn't a problem to me in the first game either.

quote=DSLuke,Dec 4 2004, 06:10 AM]

i dont understand the rates and loading times?!!?!? on my xbox kotor 1 loaded quick giving u just enough time to read info it displays and it looked great on my xbox too. Can sum1 explain framrate plz :)

and im gonna import it from america so i can play it on my xbox too

Well. Thats abit of a slap in the face for Xbox users if what  IGN and gamespy says is true.  Two months more for a much smoother ride is defiently worth it.

They said still meaning it was the same with the last game

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

So the devs lied to the XBOX users?  Oh well, I wasn't expecting it to be fixed so it does'nt bother me at all.

Yes, loading on my PC was very fast as well.  I'm not going to wait two months to play the game though.

Read this

what expectations did you have going in to the industry, and how have they changed;

I have had friends in the industry so I was probably more prepared that the average person coming in fresh. I think the biggest wake-up call was the fact that "**** happens!" and it's not always someone's (or some company's) fault. I used to tear into companies when a game fell short or content had to be cut or I found a bug. But looking at it from the inside, I now understand that there are so many factors and variables that go into making a game that you can never account for everything no matter how much experience you have around the table. I think the hardest thing for some people to get used to is to have their work on the game get cut or not make it in (that's assuming the entire project doesn't get scrapped). It can mean that months of work would have essentially been for nothing and some people can find that hard to take. There are many good reasons it happens, but people can still take it personally and be hurt or offended by it. You just have to grow a pretty thick skin.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

What people seem to forget that X-Box is using OLD TECHNOLOGY and overall well fall short on a few things. One of them will be load times due to a slower CPU, slower drive, and slower harddrive, and so forth. You chosen to go console, live withthe consequence. Sheesh, some people's children.

Let's just hope these issues don't appear in the PC version. But, as some have mentioned, atleast the PC version has the possibility of a patch or two to fix any problems. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What people seem to forget that X-Box is using OLD TECHNOLOGY and overall well fall short on a few things.  One of them will be load times due to a slower CPU, slower drive, and slower harddrive, and so forth.  You chosen to go console, live withthe consequence.  Sheesh, some people's children.

im sick and tired of people saying that because people play on the xbox that we are children! and hades you can hardly complain at some people moaning when you've done enough moaning for everyone on the forum!

What people seem to forget that X-Box is using OLD TECHNOLOGY and overall well fall short on a few things.  One of them will be load times due to a slower CPU, slower drive, and slower harddrive, and so forth.  You chosen to go console, live withthe consequence.  Sheesh, some people's children.

im sick and tired of people saying that because people play on the xbox that we are children! and hades you can hardly complain at some people moaning when you've done enough moaning for everyone on the forum!

He just said why the game will be slower, inferior graphics and so on. What he says is the truth. you'll enjoy the game, but it will go smoother on a PC.

Erm, there wasn't much difference between kotor on x-box and pc and I'm sure it will be like that in kotor 2 too.

Sure, the pc-version has slightly better graphics, but that doesn't really matter much at all. Loading times? My x-box is modded, loading times were faster on my x-box than on my pc. (kotor 1) :lol:

I kinda feel sorry for you pc-users though, if the game was pc-only it would've been a lot better (especially graphic-wise.), I think everyone agree when I say that?

I think the graphics aesthetically were fine. It's just that the game had a slow framerate duting battles.

Again that might have been my pc, since it is a 1,13GHz Pentium 3 M, with Geforce 2 Go 32MB.

My computer sucks, and from the sounds it makes when starting up these days... it might not even last til february. The framerate never bothered me in the first game anyway, and I was surprised that people even complained about it. And while the loading times are much faster for the PC version... everything else outweighs that, methinks, especially with the larger areas and such.

You PC gamers seem very bitter of the Xbox owners. The PC version will run smoother then the xbox version but they're still the same game. I'll be playing the Xbox version on monday and in 2 months I'll also be buying the PC version. Best of both worlds! Why be so damn bitter?

You PC gamers seem very bitter of the Xbox owners.  The PC version will run smoother then the xbox version but they're still the same game.  I'll be playing the Xbox version on monday and in 2 months I'll also be buying the PC version.  Best of both worlds!  Why be so damn bitter?

Well you have to reason to complain, except the fact that you're going to pay 2 times for the same game?? :lol:

You PC gamers seem very bitter of the Xbox owners.  The PC version will run smoother then the xbox version but they're still the same game.  I'll be playing the Xbox version on monday and in 2 months I'll also be buying the PC version.  Best of both worlds!  Why be so damn bitter?

Well you have to reason to complain, except the fact that you're going to pay 2 times for the same game?? :lol:

I'm gonna do the same, bcs I can't wait any longer and I think that the pc version will have upgrades no matter what anyone says! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!