Its official 8.5 Graphics= Lazy Dev

:rolleyes:

Obsisdian just handed 2004's Game of the Year honors to world of Warcraft, no shame in that. but sad

Xbox GOTY Halo 2 I was hoping K2 would win but 8.5 on graphics no way

PC    GOTY  World of Warcraft

GameCube GOTY  Metroid

PS2 GOTY  GTA:SA

Overall winner of the coveted 2004 Game of the Year overall, its between Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, and PC's WoW

These guys just handed it away. I said it from day one if the would have just included real time Saber Glows (the Xbox does have Hardware T&L) it would have affected the code much they would have easily got 9.5 on graphics for one simple thing

Instead Longer Load Times slighly bigger worls slightly and frame rate issues

AT LEAST KOTOR 1 HAD XBOX LIVE to be able to fix bugs

WHO CARES ABOUT GRAPHICS!!!! 9.5 gameplay, that's all I need. Shining Force II for the sega genesis is still one of the top 10 best games and those graphics aren't even 3D!

mithril_15.gif

bowieface2.gif

lol u miss my point. I'm not saying that it is the best game out there, but I'm just saying that a good game with awsome gameplay is better than a sucky game with pretty graphics.

No, I didn't miss your point. I agree with you. Gameplay always comes first. But these days you simply can't release a game with poor graphics. If you do, the reviewer points out all the technical flaws instead.

My worst fears cometh true. 8.5 on both presentation and graphics what was Obsidian smoking?

No changes from, day to night in real time, no saber glow effects huge collision detection problems, and dialog with two talking heads just moving their lips, and no Xbox Live to fix any issues Longer Load Times? Hoooowhat kill me

With a games as complex as a 45 hour long d20 RPG, and no Bug Patching ability oh boy let the bugs fly, and don't get me started on collision detection.

alot of this stuff was forgiveable in K1 but not now.

and why can't day sift into knight on the fly heck Zelda Ocarina of Time could and that was 8 years ago on the N64. Lazy Dev I said it even before the first screen shots and I saw no Saber glows in almost 2 years of work.

If anything I could understand the Story being weak since sequels have trouble there but on the technology stand point that inexcuseable.

9.3 is nothing to be proud of it won't score higher anywhere wait till EGM gives it 8.7 and a silver

No you stupid dumbass, they said the graphics where better than KOTOR but they gave KOTOR a 9.0, i guess IGN is now comparing everyone's graphics to HALO 2's

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

guys something i should mention ign.com is from europe so they reviewed the beta version not the finally so that loading lag issue could of been already fixed

To get a proper review its needs to be based on final version aka gold version not beta since gamespy is a US site you should get a better review from them

thats just my 2 cents

"KOTOR II's overall story is not quite as strong as the sweeping epic of the original, but its pieces are more compelling... The story starts strong but stumbles across the finish line."

The framerate issues didn't surprise me, you're trying to run this thing on a 500 MgHz processor. I was surprised by these comments. I really was expecting/hoping for a great storyline with a gigantic twist (making the KOTOR 1 twist seem paltry by comparison). PS:T's twist(s) did this, and I expected an encore. I guess I just have to accept that those days aren't coming back. :)

"i guess IGN is now comparing everyone's graphics to HALO 2's"

which is precisely what they should do. ign finds an industry standard and then measures all other games 'gainst that standard. makes sense to us. the fact that kotor2 graphics is an improvement over kotor graphics does not change fact that it is clearly lagging behind the industry standard. we not got any problem with ign measuring kotor 'gainst halo2.

however, for anybody at this point to be shocked that kotor2's graphics is not up to halo2's graphics is foolishness in the extreme. we has all seen screenshots of kotor2 and we has even probably seen some in-game footage. we all knew that kotor2 were gonna look largely the same as kotor. sure, we got robes and snow and a handful o' other things, but if anybody is shocked or surprised that kotor2, (which uses same engine as kotor, and were developed by a small group of people in a short period of time,) is not a vast improvement over kotor in terms o graphics, then we thinks they is nuts.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Comparing graphics from a CRPG to a FPS is just stupid.

sure, that makes sense.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you say so, but take that story line and place it in a game using the old Quake 1 or Doom 1 engine and se how many people would actually play it.

True. The co-op aspect is mainly what hooked me. But as far as shooters go, I felt that the storyline was bearable and that the designers put some effort to making it decent.