Its official 8.5 Graphics= Lazy Dev

I find the 10.0 Lasting Appeal to be a bit more important than 8.5 Graphics. Fable had a nice, pretty look but nice and pretty don't make good RPGs.

Master of All,

It's a Latin phrase that means, "I'm not buying the bull the first poster is trying to sell." only in a highly pretentious manner.

{:-}

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Master of All,

It's a Latin phrase that means, "I'm not buying the bull the first poster is trying to sell." only in a highly pretentious manner.

{:-}

You mean especially when he contradicts himself by saying he doesn't respect that same reviewer's review because of his name? :("

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Uhh 9.3 is a better score of any game you're ever gonna make. they even said that it was one of the best rpgs on the xbox, so quit your bitching to us, and obsidian said tehy were using the same engine and same graphics, anyways since when do graphics make the game. I mean I still love pacman and the original street fighters garphics have nothing to do with anything for me. bitch :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Here's what I can tell from the review:

It's a better game, although the overarching story isn't quite as dramatic.

That's pretty much what I expected. What amazes me is how inconsistent reviews are; the first KotOR shouldn't have had 10 in graphics, and with all the cheesy voice acting of the original it was surprising it had a ten in that category, too. The replayability of the first was also way over-hyped. I think the reviewers jsut liked the game, so they found ways to up the score. Halo 2 was sort of uninspired in certain ways (the ending really sucked; don't let them fool you), and I strongly think that they rated it so high just because of the title.

And regardless, this really doesn't mean the dev's were lazy. It could be, "mean and pushy" publishers and the fact that the engine was already pushed close to it's limit. The reviewer's only see the final product, and (probably) do their best to review it "impartially". (considering this is a GAME, that's kind of hard to do. And really, who's complained about the graphics in CHESS in all these thousands of years? Hmm...)

Why do I care that K2, a great and respected RPG!, doesn't match up to Halo2?? A game in a completely different genre?? Maybe K2 cares more about story and gameplay then 8.5+ graphics. People who judge games solely by graphics are often new gamers. Like, why do you care if they have 8.5 graphics or 9 graphics? It won't really change the way K2 is played. I bet it runs smoother because they are humble and don't need to show off their graphic capabilities.

O, not to mention games like Half-Life, Diablo2, Starcraft which are all like 6 year old games with horrible graphics but many people still play them and other games like them.

With the right things, KOTORs graphics look pretty awesome. At least, they're still the best graphics I've seen (the textures however leave a lot to be desired) in any game. They work, they don't stutter, and they look semi-realistic. They're not cartoonish or overly fake. Hell, I could acurately picture Carth's clothes in my head. Look at other games and they leave out a lot.

I personally liked the hair. It wiggled more and there were strands here and there. :)

Nowadays all you gamers care about is graphics. For christ's sake, go play Zork and you'll appriciate a game for what it is, how humourous it is, the story, the characters, and the puzzles, not how impressive the stupid graphics are.

Half-Life 1 has horrible graphics and it's still a much-loved, much-played game.

If what is the most important to you is graphics and downloadable content, I feel sorry for you. Because with standards for those, you're missing a lot of good games. Go play NOLF1. Great game. Bad graphics.

Fnord.

With the right things, KOTORs graphics look pretty awesome. At least, they're still the best graphics I've seen (the textures however leave a lot to be desired) in any game. They work, they don't stutter, and they look semi-realistic. They're not cartoonish or overly fake. Hell, I could acurately picture Carth's clothes in my head. Look at other games and they leave out a lot.

I personally liked the hair. It wiggled more and there were strands here and there. :-

Nowadays all you gamers care about is graphics. For christ's sake, go play Zork and you'll appriciate a game for what it is, how humourous it is, the story, the characters, and the puzzles, not how impressive the stupid graphics are.

Half-Life 1 has horrible graphics and it's still a much-loved, much-played game.

If what is the most important to you is graphics and downloadable content, I feel sorry for you. Because with standards for those, you're missing a lot of good games. Go play NOLF1. Great game. Bad graphics.

NOLF 1 not only a great game... a funny game as well. :lol:

just a question, how long til global moderator sets in?????

hey kotors graphics were great. if game graphic attract you to a game, then sux to be you, graphics don't make the story, its only a visual, the music sets the mood........................ and the graphics are eye candy, want good graphics??? go play Doom III.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

hey kotors graphics were great. if game graphic attract you to a game, then sux to be you, graphics don't make the story, its only a visual, the music sets the mood........................ and the graphics are eye candy, want good graphics??? go play Doom III.

True. This exacerbation of graphical inconsequence is further illustrated with the magnificence of PS:T and FO 1&2. :thumbsup:

manthing2.jpg

Who cares about reviews? Get your won opinions! sheesh. Reviews are sometimes good if you want to know a little more about the game than you do, and it's fun to be able to say thet the reviewer's an idiot after you've played it yourself :thumbsup:

True. This exacerbation of graphical inconsequence is further illustrated with the magnificence of PS:T and FO 1&2. :thumbsup:

Can't we have the best of both worlds? Fantastic story and amazing graphics? RPGs always seem to be sold short in the graphics department. They aren't mutually exclusive. PS:T and the Fallouts are indeed great games but they'd be even better with a modern engine.

The Star Wars universe, more-so than other RPG settings, really does benefit from great visuals. The stories are very cinematic and would be ruined by poor graphics. I'm not saying that K1/K2 are poor - they are in fact quite good, but against the new crop of pixel-shaded games are slightly dated. Kotor3, if it's made, simply must have a brand new engine.

The Star Wars universe, more-so than other RPG settings, really does benefit from great visuals. The stories are very cinematic and would be ruined by poor graphics. I'm not saying that K1/K2 are poor - they are in fact quite good, but against the new crop of pixel-shaded games are slightly dated. Kotor3, if it's made, simply must have a brand new engine.

True, but they should base the engine on the original, in my opinion, rather than a total revamp.

To topic starter.

9.3 nothing to be proud of.

Out of 100 it isnt, but this is out of ten

9.3/10

That is something to be proud of.

Besides, you are concentrating far to much on graphics. True they are nothing spectacular, but they are very good, and they didn't add anything to movement of chaarcters in conversation, but with such a tight deadline, they have done incredibly well on the game overall.

I like the graphics.

Besides, I will be concentrating more on story, dialogue, and the other great things about the game.

Xbox players are by definition less roleplayers, and more action gamers, so a review for the xbox is based more on technical issues, while for pc it would be more story and gameplay/replayability based, and the legendary games never get good marks(PT, Fallout, Starcraft). Only Baldurs Gate got nice scores i guess

There is hope beyond hope

O'dear I sought expected a little more from what I have heard about KOTOR 2...I have heard little negitives here and there about graphics...you were saying KOTOR 2 scored 8.5 or somthing for graphics and the story line wont have any major twists? oh dear...I hope what I am hearing is false...In a way I was sought of expecting KOTOR 2 to be pretty high! but so far from what I have heard on this forum it puts a ache into my heart...oh dear what are we KOTOR fans going to do? :devil:

O'dear I sought expected a little more from what i have heard about KOTOR 2...I have heard little negitives here and there about graphices...you were saying KOTOR 2 scored 8.5 or somthing for graphics and the story line wont have any major twists? oh dear...I hope what i am hearing is false...In a way I was sought of expecting KOTOR 2 to bee pretty high but so from from what I have heard on this forum it puts a ache into my heart...oh dear :devil:

Meh. Don't listen to reviewers... get the game and play it with an open mind. Or you'll just concentrate on every negative thing and the gamingexperience will suck for you.

O'dear I sought expected a little more from what i have heard about KOTOR 2...I have heard little negitives here and there about graphices...you were saying KOTOR 2 scored 8.5 or somthing for graphics and the story line wont have any major twists? oh dear...I hope what i am hearing is false...In a way I was sought of expecting KOTOR 2 to bee pretty high but so from from what I have heard on this forum it puts a ache into my heart...oh dear :ermm:

Meh. Don't listen to reviewers... get the game and play it with an open mind. Or you'll just concentrate on every negative thing and the gamingexperience will suck for you.

actually I quite agree with you there Ameorn I won't listen to any reviewers...KOTOR 2 is way better then what reviewers think! and,no body dare to put down KOTOR 2 or they will have to answer to Bastilla Skywalker herself! :devil:

actually I quite agree with you there Ameorn I won't listen to any reviewers...KOTOR 2 is way better then what reviewers think! and,no body dare to put down KOTOR 2 or they will have to answer to Bastilla Skywalker herself! :ermm:

You go girl!! :devil:

:rolleyes: Why are they even bothering to review the game lol. No one will listen to them unless the give new info or write glowing review :lol:

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi