IGN Review!

this review says that the story is undeniably better than the first...

80-20458.th.jpg

Well, that one came form an official Xbox magazine!!!! What did you expect, them to say that the new game sukcs??

P.S I like to believe that TSL will rock.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

"this review says that the story is undeniably better than the first..."

Why is why that review simply can't be trust. It is undeniable (R00fles!) that any story can be 'undeniably' better than another since story above most anything is opinion. Plain, and simple.

It loses. IGN may be wrong in its assessment but at least they're not dumb about it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

To be more specific about the battle against Malak, all it took was buffing myself up as much as possible and wailing on him until he died.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I actually read all ten pages! (w00t) :rolleyes:

I'm a bit scared by this review, about the bugs and weak ending. Usually when I read a review from IGN and Gamespot they tend to be right about what a game is lacking and if IGN stated more bugs and a story not better than the first it might be true for me. I feel that TSL will infact be better than the first because you will learn the "fate" of Revan and his crew and learn more mysteries in this game. The only mystery in the first game was what was my PC's relationship with Malak and they took me for a spin the first time.

To other posts: I thought Malak was amazingly hard, so was Bastila(DS), Bandon, Nord, Davik and so much other people in the game. I guess it's because this is my first time playing a game like this. The only other RPG I have played on a console was Kingdom Hearts for my PS2 but that was real time non-turned based.

I will judge the game for myself once I get it either on Monday or Tuesday. I fear, most of all, the bugs. When Zaalbar duplicated himself on the Ebon Hawk and I played for so many hours to not see the ending really ticked me off, as well as some other bugs >_<

I found malak challenging not hard. And he was that because the first time I didn't know the trick to cut out his healing. Now for the way this was setup I think he was as hard as most any other bosses. It really depends on the RPG style used. For a lot of boss battles you still have your whole party so the boss battle is going to be a bit more because they are trying to balance 1 boss character vs. your whole party. KoToR 1 went the Star Wars route where the final battle is between the main boss and the main character. This was awesome because it kept it more in line with the movies. Now the one problem you did have like they state in this one is the final boss didn't match base on your character.

If you went with uber fighter which would have had you lacking in other areas through the game then yes Malak is going to be a bit easier. They had him scaled so that you could win no matter your play style. Something like Diablo or fable there is only one play style and that is the aggressor. You can get to that point in different ways, magic and such, but really are getting there and got there solely through some form of combat. While that is semi-true for KoToR it is less so than the other games geared toward that.

My character's battle with Malak wasn't too hard. I had a lot more trouble with Calo Nord on Tatooine and that Vulkar ambush when you first step into the Lower city on Taris. I must have died ten times before I beat that one.

My character's battle with Malak wasn't too hard. I had a lot more trouble with Calo Nord on Tatooine and that Vulkar ambush when you first step into the Lower city on Taris. I must have died ten times before I beat that one.

Me too, but at that time I was trying to keep myu character to level 2, so that he could be a lvl 18 Jedi guardian.

Talk about bugs in KOTOR make me chuckle. I have an ATI card; and I had on "major" bug. A constant crash when tryoing to escape Taris At first, i wasn't too please with BIO. So, I posted on the BIO baords. I was politely informed by a **** to update my driver. I did so, from then on, the game ran pretty much perfectly. Veryf ew slow down,s I believe maybe one crash, and one very minor graphical glitch were your PC sometimes skids forward where you cna't move witrh that happening maybe 2-3 times. Not eaxctly a bundle of problems.

If you want problems, play a Troika game. Play POR2. PLay ES series games. BIO's games may have bugs and problems but they aren't nearly as bad as their compeitiors and unlike others they'll patch it plus unlike a certain other company they won't hide from players by not having a message board so you can't rant at them.

R00fles!

You are very lucky if updating drivers did it for you. The only way I could play for a very long time was with Catalyst 4.2 and the 1.02 patch, so blech.....

I play most games on normal, but if Kotor2 really is easy in the final stages then the HARD setting is a must.

having said that, the final level of Half-Life 2 had no boss fights, only cannon fodder. The weapon you received meant a leisurely tour through the citadel. It was a rather strange ending but somehow it worked. The end 'boss' is a cliche. It's how you reach the end not simply the fight itself.

DS Luke, don't forget that that page is from the UK Xbox mag.

All opinions are going to differ. As I said earlier, take every review with a grain of salt and wait till you have the chance to play this game yourself whether it be on monday or two months from now.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

DS Luke, don't forget that that page is from the UK Xbox mag.

All opinions are going to differ. As I said earlier, take every review with a grain of salt and wait till you have the chance to play this game yourself whether it be on monday or two months from now.

What did I say again? :">

Never mind lol.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/articl...03033115686.jpg

does everyone recognize where they are? looks like that cave on korriban where u have to save/kill those kids who ran off from the sith

maybe you get to leave the cave where those students left this time, u know where u try and leave and it says something like "there is nothing for you out here"