I Dont Like The Darker Theme

The Empire Strikes Back was easily the most effective of the original trilogy. It was also the darkest. I think there's a direct correlation.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I like the idea of a darker feel in the game I think it will add more perspective into the game if everyone isn't running around with smiles on their faces while the sith is trying to kill them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

also a darker theme is more mature .. As Hades pointed out .. its more real, the world is a dark place! (LS) the point of the story is to make you feel important and give you a sense of hope .. that you can make a diiference! the guide lines of every great story is to prevail through and endless ordeal of hardship! and to come out on the other side stronger ..

(DS) you feel you can take advantage of the situation, even though the Sith are bringing the Republic to their knees .. You are strong enough to defeat them all and take over the galaxy! muhahaha

I really hope that you can feel the frustration of the Republic and its soldiers .. They must be on the brink of giving up hope .. And everyone should be worried and bitter over the series of events that have lead to the Sith rise in power .. except of course those who can benefit from it! if this is conveyed properly the galaxy will feel very dark indeed!

Fortune favors the bald.

While it seems that everyone except the poster likes the darker theme, I will be sad if all the charecters from the first one get killed.

You can't say you like the darker theme without liking all of it

umm you can have a darker theme without killing off the original cast! and since only one mag has said that I am doubting its real, though no dev has said either way yet. I am betting that most of the crew is dead if you choose the DS option for revan and all are alive if you choose the LS option instead.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I like how the story is dark.  You're the last hope to the Jedi.  If you fail then they all fail.

yea i dont like that. It makes me feel like i am on Rambo missions constently. In the first one we had a excuse, WE WERE A SITH LORD, so we had to have been good. Who knows, i still cant wait

I don't really see what you getting at, I mean in the first one you had to fight almost constently, same with this one. The only real difference is that the feel of the universe is much different. Instead of being cheery its (as hades said) more real life feeling. It sounds like the PC is going to have more trouble going LS than DS which in my way of thinking is the way the original should have been, since its suppost to be easier to go DS than it is to walk the LS path.

AscendedPaladin.png

For those of you who don't like the darker game: keep your chin up. The Republic wins no matter what you do. It's just a metter of time, and it might mean that the New Republic is really the Newest Republic, or the New New Republic.

I like the darker theme because it is more conducive to a genuinely suspenseful game. The best Star Wars game I've seen that uses a dark theme is Bounty Hunter when you reach the moon of Bogden, and have to fight the Bando Gora. It was done very well, and kept me on my toes. I like that in a game.

I love the darkness, I love Charlie Murphy

Bitches show Charlie Murphy your tiddies

The milks gone bad

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

well personally darker themes make more sense for today it kinda fits....

but thats besides the point I have a feeling it's gonna be hell to keep up as a LS character and not be so easy they've quite literly taken that theme out of the movies do you think it was easy to be a rebel soldier in the first star wars movie?

no but it sure as hell was if you were an empire soldier just stompin' the **** outta everything with endless supplies and support.....does this sound familiar or am I just ranting?

Well, i dont know if i agree with poster depends on how the DS way is made, i am a little afraid it will be a little dry like Kotor1.

However the darker sceneria opens more for LS than Kotor1, since you have more reason to fight and there is more chance for heroisme, the things that shape a hero is daring to fight for right despite the cost or how great the danger is, a dark Kotor allows just that.

But i honestly hope DS will be worth playing for once as rpg, thought Kotor was very dry in that direction.

And less you can only choose to end like a jedi, then you arent the last jedi since Kotor2 is about 4000years at least before the empire, and there were alot jedi's before the empire.

I like this darker theme to TSL, its reminiscent of The Empire Strikes Back, which was in my opinion the best film of the Original Trilogy.  The stakes are raised, the game is darker, more mysterious, etc.  Gonna love it from the look of things :thumbsup:

I agree 100% with you on this....

Star Wars is basically a space opera....these things need drama, they reek of it...and dark tragic things bring the most drama to the table in stories like this, and it adds emotion...once u mix alot of emotion with violence it multiplies it a thousand times over.....if vader cut off lukes hand and then was like I cut off ur fathers hand the same way haha!!!!! that would have been much less dramatic or rememorable than....I AM YOUR FATHER.....see what I mean?

That's why Empire is the best Star Wars film so far, even tho the fights and visuals arent as impressive by the standards of the new Star Wars prequels....it still blows them away.....but I have a feeling that Revenge of the Sith will top Empire, it will have that vintage feel the old trilogy had, with also the new graphics in visuals and awesome lightsaber combat thruout the whole movie (practically), and it will be THE most dark star wars film to date....this is the climactic points of all climaxes....Anakin becomes Darth Vader and The Jedi get their asses handed to them, betrayel is exposed at all sides of the war, and Palpatine reveals himself as the Dark Lord of the Sith...........

Back to relation of KOTOR 2.....this darker theme will make it destroy the story of the original KOTOR 1....by far....

I like it Dark, just not TOTALLY Dark. It seems that all hope is lost now, with little chance that the Galaxy can see a brighter future. At this point it seems more like a desperate fight for survival, rather than a crusade to save the Galaxy. The Enemy seems unified to a cause and purpose, while the Republic has been shattered and reeling. It's no longer a contest between Good & Evil, it's a full-blown rout, with the Good Guys not only on the run, but getting butchered as they turn to flee (picture ESB, but none of the Rebel defenders survive to make it off Hoth).

I'd prefer it if there was still a Galaxy left to save. With allies still strong and able, yet battling a Darkness that seems all but invincible (kind of like making a determined stand, yet being forced to give ground). That way there's a fighting chance, and you'd get to glory in the front-lines of combat.

Now it feels like I've just come back after a short hiatus, and told that the place is wrecked. :ermm: And now I have to go in and fix it?! :huh: Darn, I just cleaned up the place too! :ermm: It's no longer about saving the Republic, we're being asked to Resurrect It! :blink: As it is, it seems like it would be more favourable to cut our losses and regroup, rather than to stand and fight (and I hate having to abandon people when they may be depending on me :( ).

I can't help but wonder if Revan experienced something like this. It would appear that Korriban was wrecked due to a massive battle. I kind of fancy the notion that it was Revan who did it :lol: (the dude fights like a Demon (!) , at least my Revan does anyways :lol: ). Him travelling to Korriban and wrecking the place, and then later being appalled at the death and destruction he caused, so he decided to go into seclusion. Maybe he figured that if he continued fighting the Galaxy wouldn't be able to survive the collateral damage from the conflict. Perhaps the Jedi did the same, it would seem that's what they were planning to do in KotOR. Take a what and see approach, while assessing the danger and consequences of joining battle.

In anycase, it looks like reckless heroics will no longer be the order of the day. Probably just as well, since Jedi seem to hold more value in critical thought and listening to their instincts than to reacting with emotion.

(I'd still rather shoot for the glory o:) - bet [edit2: but (rather)] then, imagine the accolades we'd receive if we manage to pull this off ... :sorcerer::luck: )

[Edit: guess this means I sort of agree with XboxSithLord, although, not quite completely]