after the game

Does anyone know if you will be able to still roam the planets after kotor2's storyline ends? I think that was by far the weakest part of kotor, after it ended, it was just over. Think of how cool it would of been to go back to some of these planets and talk to people about what went down.

Its one of those games that could be like pokemon or gta where theres a lot of stuff u can still do after the storyline finishes.

it seems like it would take alot of development time to make it viable. There would be no side quests so what would you do. You will already have greatly affected the fate of the galaxy, so everyone will have to respond differently to you. It also makes a bit of an anti climax. I don't think there would be too much value in it either. I think though they should make the ending longer, and better. :thumbsup:

In hollywood, some movies have what is known as a coda. It is at the end of the movie after the main conflict has been resolved. It is a cute little moment or something where a loose end is tied up ore we learn a little more about a character. Since videogames are a young art from I can't think of any games that have had a coda yet. But I'm sure as the art form matures we will see more of that.

In hollywood, some movies have what is known as a coda.  It is at the end of the movie after the main conflict has been resolved.  It is a cute little moment or something where a loose end is tied up ore we learn a little more about a character.  Since videogames are a young art from I can't think of any games that have had a coda yet.  But I'm sure as the art form matures we will see more of that.

Some games have additional side quests you can complete after you're done with the main quest and have gotten the 'ending'. The Grand Theft Auto and .Hack series are a couple that come to mind. Anyway, that's about as close as I've seen to what you're describing.

I'd rather the game just end.

In hollywood, some movies have what is known as a coda.  It is at the end of the movie after the main conflict has been resolved.  It is a cute little moment or something where a loose end is tied up ore we learn a little more about a character.  Since videogames are a young art from I can't think of any games that have had a coda yet.  But I'm sure as the art form matures we will see more of that.

I think that's a good idea but one difficulty is that in games with hyper-climaxes like the level 20 Revan defetaing Malak to become the supreme Sith Lord, what motivation could there be left to go back to a planet and talk to people? And being based on somewhat epic storylines, SW games seem to need to have those hyper-climaxes.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I don't really see the point in this, I mean after I finish the game I hope to resume my chronic masterbation practices, this idea will only get in the way

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Buy everything, keep on leveling up, maybe train an aprentice.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Not enough "zots" to implement, playtest, debug, and balance for a team of twenty working on two platforms AND make the game well polished.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's amazing how they made this game with a team of 20 in a year and if you look at Fable they had like a team of 200 and 3 or 4 years but that game failed my expectations. I sure that IGN will give KOTOR2 a 9.4 or 9.5.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I think the game should end when the primary quest is finished, and maybe show a movie at the end of the game to illustrate the changes the PC has made on the worlds s/he has visited during the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think the game should end when the primary quest is finished, and maybe show a movie at the end of the game to illustrate the changes the PC has made on the worlds s/he has visited during the game.

Exactly. I liked how KOTOR ended except for 2 things: We didn't see the impact on the other worlds, and the ending cinematic was much too short. Bioware had the right idea. They just didn't put enough into that idea.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Exactly. I liked how KOTOR ended except for 2 things: We didn't see the impact on the other worlds, and the ending cinematic was much too short. Bioware had the right idea. They just didn't put enough into that idea.

Lets hope Obsidian put that right. A much longer cinemactic ending, and the impact of KOTOR2 on other worlds (in whatever way).

There are games that continue after the main story is complete and pull it off, like morrowind. But Kotor is not one of those games that would be any good if they did implement that. It would be pretty much useless i think.

I don't really see the point in this, I mean after I finish the game I hope to resume my chronic masterbation practices, this idea will only get in the way

Yeah. Did not need to know that...

Spiderman 2 is playable after you finish the game. I rented it and beat it in a day and a half, so I just did the optional challenges and searched for the clue markers. I got the last swing speed upgrade and then had nothing to do except the challenges. It was cool at first, but it got boring after awhile. I finally climbed to the top of the highest building and jumped off to have some fun by shooting a web line at the last minute.

The point is, although the extra play time can be cool, it needs to have a final ending of some kind to wrap things up. Otherwise it just gets boring.

I also mentioned Fable earlier, where you can continue the game after you finished the game. There are still sidequest you can do. And you can get married, have sex and all sorts of things, but only dowvside is that Fable isnt a good game  :thumbsup:

i dont see why everyone thinks fable is a bad game...i thought it was good..except that everyone else could teleport around like it was no problem but i had to charge the stupid guild seal...but assasin rush kinda cures that...anwayz back to the topic at hand: why did fable suck?

I wouldn't mind visiting the planets after the main story ends however, I doubt there would be much to do. Also, you would have to do a lot more voice acting and coding and DEBUGGING. This would mean : more money and MORE TIME and seeing how we are all dying for this game there wouldn't be a point. Also, we shouldn't bother debating about this topic since the game was turned over to LA 2 weeks ago...

what do you guys have against that?

i dont see what could be wrong with it, but if you guys have reasons id like to hear them

and no thanks, i dont plan on playing fable

I was also very VERY upset that the game just ended, i wanted to go back to a couple planets and kick the **** out of some gaurds cause they said i wasnt Revan, but i highly doubt it would keep going. The game would take to long to complete. It would add a whole new thing, but nah it wont happen, but why are you guys messin with him, all he did was jsut say what he thought.