Mandelore

Caeser isn't a name! It was gaius Juillius! Caeser I think was a common name or a word for ruler, but it isn't a name!

Yes, it was.

102/100 BCE: Gaius Julius Caesar was born (by Caesarean section according to an unlikely legend) of Aurelia and Gaius Julius Caesar, a praetor. His family had noble, patrician roots, although they were neither rich nor influential in this period. His aunt Julia was the wife of Gaius Marius, leader of the Popular faction.

Point is, that they don't need to bring back A Mandalore. A Mandalore is already established in KOTOR, and is probably the same one in this Game.

True they don't need too,and apparently I misunderstood some info so more then likely they're not...

But they could if they really wanted too. :blink:

perhaps it is the mandalore in charge from thepoint after Revan killed the last one! It could be the same guy mentioned in KOTOR 1. But after all this time there would be spats with the the PC and kreia about leadership.

Caeser isn't a name! It was gaius Juillius! Caeser I think was a common name or a word for ruler, but it isn't a name!

Yes, it was.

102/100 BCE: Gaius Julius Caesar was born (by Caesarean section according to an unlikely legend) of Aurelia and Gaius Julius Caesar, a praetor. His family had noble, patrician roots, although they were neither rich nor influential in this period. His aunt Julia was the wife of Gaius Marius, leader of the Popular faction.

I stand slightly corrected. I thought that caeser was a rank or a nick name carried to a title. but where leaving the point on this one.

Caeser isn't a name!

Caesar was a name, it means something like "hairy". Romans had a tradition of additional "descriptive" names, because they had so very few different first and second names. Once aquired, that name was inherited together with the others. Caesar, Scipio, Cicero, etc. were all such additional names.

Caeser isn't a name!

Caesar was a name, it means something like "hairy". Romans had a tradition of additional "descriptive" names, because they had so very few different first and second names. Once aquired, that name was inherited together with the others. Caesar, Scipio, Cicero, etc. were all such additional names.

Bagging names? Some of them must have been for some unsavioury acts! :blink: LOL

Point is, that they don't need to bring back A Mandalore. A Mandalore is already established in KOTOR, and is probably the same one in this Game.

True they don't need too,and apparently I misunderstood some info so more then likely they're not...

But they could if they really wanted too. :blink:

perhaps it is the mandalore in charge from thepoint after Revan killed the last one! It could be the same guy mentioned in KOTOR 1. But after all this time there would be spats with the the PC and kreia about leadership.

The Mandalore who came after Revan is also the guy who's spoken of in KOTOR. IT's Mandalore.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

When the Mandalore in the Mandalorian Wars was killed by REVAN, another took his place. In KOTOR there was another Mandalore already behind the scene's. HK-47 faught him and was defeated, and he also was the one who sent the Mandalorain to Kashyyk. It's in the game, go check. Canderous is not this Mandalore, he may FOLLOW this Mandalore, but he is not the Lord Mandalore. Canderous told the PC the truth from a CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW. A Mandalore did die in the Mandalorians War's, but another rose.

So for the past 7 or 8 years, another Mandalore has already been in exsistence.

From what Canderous told the PC, is that the mandalorians where all scattered around the galaxy without leadership, stating that their time was over. And HK-47 fighting him and getting defeated, on Kashyyyk? That was new.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When the Mandalore in the Mandalorian Wars was killed by REVAN, another took his place. In KOTOR there was another Mandalore already behind the scene's. HK-47 faught him and was defeated, and he also was the one who sent the Mandalorain to Kashyyk. It's in the game, go check. Canderous is not this Mandalore, he may FOLLOW this Mandalore, but he is not the Lord Mandalore. Canderous told the PC the truth from a CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW. A Mandalore did die in the Mandalorians War's, but another rose.

From what Canderous told the PC, is that the mandalorians where all scattered around the galaxy without leadership, stating that their time was over. And HK-47 fighting him and getting defeated, on Kashyyyk? That was new.

Well Guess what Canderous also said the clans were no more, yet Jagi says there are still a some remaining. Clear and Simple, Canderous LIED. Would you want anyone to know that you Lord is hanging on the sidelines rebuilding his strenght?

HK did indeed fight the Lord of Mandalore. He says this when you upgrade his memory and suck. And on Kashyyk there is a Datapad where a Mandalorian has mixed feeling about obeying his Lord.

Well Guess what Canderous also said the clans were no more, yet Jagi says there are still a some remaining. Clear and Simple, Canderous LIED. Would you want anyone to know that you Lord is hanging on the sidelines rebuilding his strenght?

HK did indeed fight the Lord of Mandalore. He says this when you upgrade his memory and suck. And on Kashyyk there is a Datapad where a Mandalorian has mixed feeling about obeying his Lord.

Congrats. Now i got a new reason to start a new game of KotOR.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Akari's comment was to show that this guy in the game is THE Mandalore, not just a Mandalorian. He is the leader of all Mandalorians.

However if there was a person named Mandalore,as I thought,that would seem to be pointing out a name and not a title. Again,where some of the confusion came in.

The guy in TOTJ died. Killed by the Beast of Onderon.

Boba Fett was dead at one point as well. Being killed off in a fictional world  doesn't always mean you stay dead.

The Mandalore in TOTJ Died. He didn't have a 1000 year chance to blow out a hole in the ground.

Mandalore used to be a name, and now is a Title. Caesar was a name, it became a Title.

Caeser isn't a name! It was gaius Juillius! Caeser I think was a common name or a word for ruler, but it isn't a name! Perhaps patroitic mandalorian parents name the kids in honour of the idea of the strength of race by calling there kid Mandalore!

THE MANDALORE however is a title with rulership of the clans. The orginal mandalore was probably around way before Exar Kunn or any other sith and so the title past down by strength of will in combat, bravery (like getting the mask from Onderon) or in heiritance (if the guy from TOTJ came from a line of mandalores!) Canderous would not be mandalore but I personal think if the current mandalore died then he could become leader because let's face it! Canderous is nails!

Caesar is a name, Julius Caesar's full name was Gaius Julius Caesar, it was only after his family, through Augustus, become the Julio-Claudian line that Caesar not only become a name but also a title. After it stopped being used as a name when the Julio-Claudian dynasty ended it was a way to legitamize and heir and tie one to the founding emperor.

I know this has been clarified, but I haven't posted much in months and figure I should chime in. The Mandalorians as many of us know are a clan based society, and are most like the Hunnic empire and its inheritors. Mandalore is the name of the founder of the Mandalorian empire. Following his death Mandalore become not only the name of their homeworld but also their rulers' title. A Mandalore was killed during the Sith War, and again during the Mandalorian Wars, in the seven or eight years since the Mandalorian Wars there has been a new Mandalore. The Mandalorian warriors mention him when they state that they do not agree with Mandalore's order that they attain and train with lightsabers, and I think they also voiced displeasure about hunting Wookies. Either way there has been a Mandalore for quite sometime, and he is the leader of his people.

From as much as I can find, the origin's of the "Mandalore" that died in Dxun are sketchy at best, nothing iron clad saying it wasn't his name. For all narrative purposes I like idea of a long thought dead warrior being at your side, rather then the new leader of an army of clans.

Please don't let it be Canderous in disguise......so cheesy.

Maybe Mandalore is stranded on Dxun and you find him and he joins up with you to get off the world and then joins you in your quest...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The Old Mandalore isn't needed, another has been around since the end of the Mandalorain Wars. He has the Mask of Mandalore, so it can't be the old one. The old one is DEAD, another took his place.

And like I said the Mandalore in TOTJ is just another of the long line of Mandalore's. He even spoke of his forefathers in the comic.

The Old Mandalore isn't needed, another has been around since the end of the Mandalorain Wars. He has the Mask of Mandalore, so it can't be the old one. The old one is DEAD, another took his place.

And like I said the Mandalore in TOTJ is just another of the long line of Mandalore's. He  even spoke of his forefathers in the comic.

It would seem your efforts to make that understood are somewhat... useless... :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I haven't read those comics, but him mentioning his forefather's doesn't preclude him from being revived. I am not well versed enough to argue the technical issue, personally I can not find any solid facts saying his given name was in fact Mandalore or it was just his title.

I am merely expressing from a narrative point of view, I like that option a hell of a lot better than the idea that the some illustrious leader has nothing better to do than hang around a bunch of Jedi, shouldn't he be off restoring an empire?

On a side note Darth Nuke you mention that there is already another and that HK encountered this new "Mandalore" from a timing point of view I can't see why it would not be the same Mandalore that Revan defeated. There is no definitive sense of timing handed out - we don't know exactly how long HK was lost to Revan, when HK was constructed or exactly how far along Revan was by the time he ended the Mandalore wars with Mandalore's defeat. I had always assumed that Revan was well down his dark path by then, and had already constructed HK sent him of into Mandalorian space and lost contact with him.

I haven't read those comics, but him mentioning his forefather's doesn't preclude him from being revived. I am not well versed enough to argue the technical issue, personally I can not find any solid facts saying his given name was in fact Mandalore or it was just his title.

I am merely expressing from a narrative point of view, I like that option a hell of a lot better than the idea that the some illustrious leader has nothing better to do than hang around a bunch of Jedi, shouldn't he be off restoring an empire?

On a side note Darth Nuke you mention that there is already another and that HK encountered this new "Mandalore" from a timing point of view I can't see why it would not be the same Mandalore that Revan defeated. There is no definitive sense of timing handed out - we don't know exactly how long HK was lost to Revan, when HK was constructed or exactly how far along Revan was by the time he ended the Mandalore wars with Mandalore's defeat. I had always assumed that Revan was well down his dark path by then, and had already constructed HK sent him of into Mandalorian space and lost contact with him.

Then I suggest you play KOTOR again. HK says that he was built when Malak and Revan began their conquest for the Galaxy. Which is After the Mandalorian Wars, Mandalore was killed duringt he Mandalorian Wars, atleast the one during that time. So if what you say is true, HK-47 faugth a Ghost. Also the Mandalorians on Kashyyk were sent there by MANDALORE.

So there is a New Mandalore, regardless. A New Mandalore has risen, why he is with the Hawk and not restoring his SEctor is up for Debate. Yet he has had 7 to 8 years of Work, I'm sure he's moving along pretty nicely. His Armies may not be huge,but something surely to mess with.

Then I suggest you play KOTOR again. HK says that he was built when Malak and Revan began their conquest for the Galaxy. Which is After the Mandalorian Wars, Mandalore was killed duringt he Mandalorian Wars, atleast the one during that time. So if what you say is true, HK-47 faugth a Ghost. Also the Mandalorians on Kashyyk were sent there by MANDALORE.

So there is a New Mandalore, regardless. A New Mandalore has risen, why he is with the Hawk and not restoring his SEctor is up for Debate. Yet he has had 7 to 8 years of Work, I'm sure he's moving along pretty nicely. His Armies may not be huge,but something surely to mess with.

Do you have any links or books/comics to back up your comments though? I don't mean offense to it, but from everything I've read and heard, there was/is/always will be only ONE Mandalore, and from him came a group known as the Mandalorians. I've never ever heard it called a title such as Sith Lord or Jedi Master.

If you're basing it on conflicting information between KOTOR the video game, and KOTOR the comic series, then that's incorrect since there are a LOT of errors between the two that are known. Perhaps HK's recollection of who he fought or who Mandalore was is one of these discrepencies?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Do you have any links or books/comics to back up your comments though? I don't mean offense to it, but from everything I've read and heard, there was/is/always will be only ONE Mandalore, and from him came a group known as the Mandalorians. I've never ever heard it called a title such as Sith Lord or Jedi Master.

If you're basing it on conflicting information between KOTOR the video game, and KOTOR the comic series, then that's incorrect since there are a LOT of errors between the two that are known. Perhaps HK's recollection of who he fought or who Mandalore was is one of these discrepencies?

By info comes from TOTJ when it speaks of the Title. When a Mandalore dies another arises, that's continuity. Spoken of in the Last Sith War comics.

Excert from LAst Sith War Comic:

*Seeing the Fallen Mask, the Warrior Knows the Tradition must continuie.*

"NOW I AM THE NEW MANDALORE," he says.

Oh and HK knew who he faught for the Mandalorian who sent him knew who he wanted dead. See Revan sent HK to Mandalore Space, he was captured My a Mandalorian. That Mandalorian Sent HK to kill Mandalore, and Mandalore beat HK. HK was reprogrammed and sent to kill the traitor Mandalorian(he was killed by HK by the way). HK even said this line from what I can remember.

"It was most Embarrassing, but he was MANDALORE afterall."

There are no discrepencies. Everything is pretty accurate between TOTJ and KOTOR on the element. A Mandalore was killed in the Mandalorian Wars, and another took his place. Which is continuity from TOTJ.

Maybe Canderous didn't lie. Maybe he was mistaken. Maybe he got the IMPRESSION that they were gone, because the clans have scattered. He didn't lie in that way. he Said the clans SCATTERED. It could just mean clans got separated. HK did fight THE Mandorlore, but he lost.

It's somewhat a fine argument as to whether "Galactic Conquest" had begun during the Mandalorian wars, Revan was clearly ruthless then - as recounted by Canderous - he was definetly not acting as a noble Jedi during those words. I simply had assumed that this was all a part of his "conquest".

My memory of the Kashyyk Mandalorians is sketchy at best, but I certainly will go check it out, is the order coming from a Mandalore read in a datapad or mention by the warriors in converstation at some point?

Nonetheless mostly I was only saying that personally, I liked the idea of a rogue hero long thought dead (I mean even if he was Mandalore by title and not truly dead he would perhaps still be too proud to answer by anything else) than some leader that should be out leading armies and not running around with a bunch of misfits.

Nonetheless mostly I was only saying that personally, I liked the idea of a rogue hero long thought dead (I mean even if he was Mandalore by title and not truly dead he would perhaps still be too proud to answer by anything else) than some leader that should be out leading armies and not running around with a bunch of misfits.

How long? 40 years? Because that's the time between the Exar Kun war and the events narrated in KotOR. I'd rather not have a 70 year old 'rogue hero' in my party, thank you.

Oh and one other thing. It's not unheard of that Mandalore would pledge allegiance to an outsider who beat him, so if that turns out to be the case, it suits me just fine.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's somewhat a fine argument as to whether "Galactic Conquest" had begun during the Mandalorian wars, Revan was clearly ruthless then - as recounted by Canderous - he was definetly not acting as a noble Jedi during those words. I simply had assumed that this was all a part of his "conquest".

My memory of the Kashyyk Mandalorians is sketchy at best, but I certainly will go check it out, is the order coming from a Mandalore read in a datapad or mention by the warriors in converstation at some point?

Actually no line. When the Mandalorian Wars were over Malak and Revan were still Jedi. The Galactic conquest hadn't begun yet, for after the Mandalorain Wars Revan and Malak told the Republic and Jedi that they were going after the remains of the Mandalorian Fleet. When in reality the had spared the Mandalorians and sent them back to the outer rim. It is when they lied about finding the Mandalorians they searched for the Star Maps, which led to Korriban(when the became Sith), to which they found the Star Forge. AFter they found the Star Forge and built up there fleet, they started their Galactic Conquest, which was some time after the Mandalorian Wars.

And it's true if Mandalore from TOTJ is alive, he's really old. Also how did he get his Mask Back, if he's stuck on Dxun? The Mandalorian who became Mandalore took it.

It's not that hard Ladies and Gentelmen. When a Mandalore dies another takes his place. The PC probably goes against this Mandalore, Mandalore is defeated and his loyatly is now to the PC. He possibly leaves Canderous in charge, and tells him to get his army ready if needed. Then he leaves to help the PC Jedi on his quest.