Mandelore

Possible theory: Canderous wants to gather the Mandalorians once more under his leadership, so he took the title of Mandalore. But he still wants to know what happened to Revan, who gave him the most honorable job a Mandalorian could ask for. So he joins you for that perticular reason.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

then why not just stay with revan after the star forge?

Revan disappeared after the events on the Star Forge, maybe Candyman wasn't allowed to follow when Revan went hiding, who knows.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I know what happened to revan.

He went on some stupid TV show and tried to find his long lost brother, and when he does he finds out it is sion. Then sion tells him to were this mask so he can be all powerful. But it takes over his body and changes his name to MSG. Then sion thinks of plans to over throw his brother MSG. He gets an idea he gets a padawn a girl one. Which becomes a sith lord and together they try to bring down MSG. But first they want to show loyalty and they also want to destroy the jedi. so they kill them all except for a very small bandaint of, but these were very strong in the force. And very worthy oppintes to MSG himself. Then you work your way through the game. You Finally meet this MSG and it was so much you had to take a crap a whole month straight.

Possible theory: Canderous wants to gather the Mandalorians once more under his leadership, so he took the title of Mandalore. But he still wants to know what happened to Revan, who gave him the most honorable job a Mandalorian could ask for. So he joins you for that perticular reason.

then what becomes of the Mandalore already risen after the Mandalorian Wars. I highly Doubt Candy is the Mandalore, perhaps he has gone back to his Master and that's his Cameo Role.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

then what becomes of the Mandalore already risen after the Mandalorian Wars. I highly Doubt Candy is the Mandalore, perhaps he has gone back to his Master and that's his Cameo Role.

I was assuming that Mandalore died after the battle against Revan, Canderous said it himself.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I guessing you will have to fight him, and if defeated he will pay his, and his armies loyatly to you.

That makes sense. If the PC goes dark an army is going to be needed to take over the galaxy, what better than a mandalorian army?

And if the PC stays in the light, somebody needs to be there to stand against the sith army now that the republic and the jedi have been dealt with...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah..in the TOTJ comics, Mandalore died on the Dxun moon and some other Mandalorian found his mask and put it on. He says: "Now, I am Mandalore." Or something like that...it's just a title. I can see him joining you if you are darkside...maybe even on the light side. The Mandalorians once served Exar Kun...maybe he offered to fight for the new Dark Lords but they rejected him and he wants revenge or something...or maybe they suspect the new Sith of killing off Revan...there's alot of possibilities.

Hmm, if you do get a Mandalore, it should be high level character considering the way their leadership selection process goes :D . He should not probably join the party at least until the party is in the mid-teens.

Canderous was level 20 by the end of KOTOR so he seems too high level to be a suitable joinable NPC.

To Aponez

Mandalore is the strongest Mandalorian around. When Mandalore is killed, the next strongest is the replacement come assumes the mantle of Mandalore.

I aint sure whether he said killed or defeated, but there is a simple explanation of Mandalorian politics.

Canderous was level 20 by the end of KOTOR so he seems too high level to be a suitable joinable NPC.

That would apply to T3 as well... But I don't think that's coherent story-wise. Using the PnP as a reference, I'd say Revan was around level 18 at the end of KotOR, and the rest of the party substantially less powerful.

I aint sure whether he said killed or defeated, but there is a simple explanation of Mandalorian politics.

It is clearly stated that Mandalore 'died at the hands of the Jedi Revan'.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I seem to forget exactly what he said, but in something - Basilisk riding, I think? - Canderous was second only to the mandalore of his time. It seems reasonable, then, that he would take that place...

Maybe Mandalore wants to take a low profile? That might explain why his mask isn't red.

When the Mandalore in the Mandalorian Wars was killed by REVAN, another took his place. In KOTOR there was another Mandalore already behind the scene's. HK-47 faught him and was defeated, and he also was the one who sent the Mandalorain to Kashyyk. It's in the game, go check. Canderous is not this Mandalore, he may FOLLOW this Mandalore, but he is not the Lord Mandalore. Canderous told the PC the truth from a CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW. A Mandalore did die in the Mandalorians War's, but another rose.

So for the past 7 or 8 years, another Mandalore has already been in exsistence.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

That would apply to T3 as well... But I don't think that's coherent story-wise. Using the PnP as a reference, I'd say Revan was around level 18 at the end of KotOR, and the rest of the party substantially less powerful.

It is clearly stated that Mandalore 'died at the hands of the Jedi Revan'.

At least T3 could be justified to going back to a low level with a memory wipe :huh: , same could be said for HK47 (or is it 50 in the new game??). I don't think Canderous suffering amnesia would be a suitable plot device LOL.

To Aponez

Mandalore is the strongest Mandalorian around. When Mandalore is killed, the next strongest is the replacement come assumes the mantle of Mandalore.

Aps, thanks, i thought it was other problem of translate of the "spanish" version, the game i have has the subtitles in english in some moments of the game <_<

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

From my understanding,which is limited when it comes to Mandalorians and their history, but from info others have given me,Mandalore is a title but before it was a title there was a Person who's name was Mandalore and this person helped in the Exar Kun war but was "killed" on Dxun by some of the animals on the moon.

The way the question was asked and answered it sounds as if the character in Sith Lords is Suppose to be the one who was "killed" on Dxun.

While the person killed at the hands of Revan was one who simply held the title of Mandalore.

So the real question would seem to be,how did this character that most have thought to be dead,with no way to espape or survive in such a harsh envrionment do so? The war with Exar Kun is 40 some years before Knights and Mandalore wasn't young as it was I guess.

It's something that Obsidian needs to have a really good answer for because EU purists are going to have fit if they don't.

Well if Mandalore is suppost to be the strongest of all the Mandolians than I would think that he wont be able to join the party until late in the game. Now as to him being the strongest I would think that Canderus would qaulify as being the strongest of the mandalorians, since he did finish the game at level 16+ (someone else said that revan finished at level 18 so I am just guessing candy would be lower by a level or two). So its still possible that Canderus could be mandalore, I would also think (and anyone who know different please correct me if I am wrong) that an individual mandalorian can challange a Mandalore for the title, and of course if they win the fight they win the title and power over the armies. I know it was said in the game that the mandalorians were spead all accross the galaxy at the time of KOTOR so I wonder if there is going to be a side mission where you will have to recover something in a mandalorian strong hold and thats where you meet Mandalore and maybe another possible NPC.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The only way I see him joining you is if you are DS. I don't see him joining a jedi. Do you? :p

Also how did he survive? Revan killed him. May the amour is a life support system like Vader's. :thumbsup:

I don't think it's the Mandalore, himself. I think it's just a Mandalorian.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)