the last jedi?!

From the designer diary on the lucasarts site:

The Jedi Order, nearly brought to an end by the Sith in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, have scattered, vanishing into the deepest reaches of space.

From the trailer:

"We have all but destroyed the jedi knights..."

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

"We have all but destroyed the jedi knights..."

... or that's what they think :rolleyes:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I doubt whether the main character will be the 'last known symbol of the jedi'; that sounds a bit too ambitious for an exile who was out of touch with the force for too long a time. I believe what is meant by the 'last known jedi' is that perhaps the main character himself/herself will be convinced of this, until a later stage in the game; and it will be only when he/she becomes, well, 'powerful' that the Sith Lords will become aware of the existence of another powerful force-wielder -not right at the beginning of the game.

Maybe then, a Sith Lord will want to take on our character as apprentice; and he'll make great efforts to seduce the character into the DS proper. The Sith Lord and the main character will then work against the other sith lords and the republic ---if you accept the offer. If not, you fight against all the Sith Lords.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I think it is very unlikely that in the story of Kotor2 there should be only one jedi left who survived the struggle with the sith. What could have happened to the jedi temple on Coruscant? Another "Dantooine desaster" would definitely suck.

The task of rebuilding the jedi order from the beginning of... destroying most of the Sith empire - Could one lonely jedi's action actually have an effect of this scale? Truly this burden would be enormous...  :wacko: 

It sounds more probable that there is an hidden reunited jedi force waiting for their final strike.

What do you think?

They say the Coucil on Coruscant's deserted on the developer diary...also, it is believed you are the last Jedi, I mean what about Kreia and Atris?

kreia isn't a full jedi, iirc

and who knows what atris deal is

I think it is very unlikely that in the story of Kotor2 there should be only one jedi left who survived the struggle with the sith. What could have happened to the jedi temple on Coruscant? Another "Dantooine desaster" would definitely suck.

The task of rebuilding the jedi order from the beginning of... destroying most of the Sith empire - Could one lonely jedi's action actually have an effect of this scale? Truly this burden would be enormous...

Yup, cant remember which dev said it, but it has now been edited...

Unfortunatly they have been much more careful this time around about not leaking anything other than kreia's status and atris's name...

Kreia was described as a jolee bindo type character...dropped out of the jedi order before attaining the rank of jedi.

It looks to be made of a silky satin type thingie ;)

The Jedi order resemble monks on SOME layer (not all but some)

No personal posessions and nothing that a tramp couldnt afford.

She is definatly something special...

Maybe then, a Sith Lord will want to take on our character as apprentice; and he'll make great efforts to seduce the character into the DS proper. The Sith Lord and the main character will then work against the other sith lords and the republic ---if you accept the offer. If not, you fight against all the Sith Lords.

Well, iit's an interestign suggestion - the reviews that tells of our first encounter with Darth Sion may be a hint in that direction - first, we're told that lots of that dialouge was taken away for the sake of the preview. And also, for what reason would one of the Sith Lords even talk for a longer while to you if he's supposed to be set at destroying you? <_<.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, iit's an interestign suggestion - the reviews that tells of our first encounter with Darth Sion may be a hint in that direction - first, we're told that lots of that dialouge was taken away for the sake of the preview. And also, for what reason would one of the Sith Lords even talk for a longer while to you if he's supposed to be set at destroying you? <_<.

Imagine the VAST implications of this on replayability, if this speculation has a grain of truth; if we're given the chance to choose between becoming an apprentice to a Sith Lord or to resist the offer, that means there are two additional replay-opportunities no less distinct than playing DS or LS. An interesting combination would be to play LS yet seemingly join the ranks of the Sith in order to destroy them from within.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I don't see how that is a problem, I mean, she trained under the Jedi, she isn't a full one...I don't think it matters to the Sith at all...she hasn't joined them as far as we know, so she would be a threat to a smart villain.....

I don't see how that is a problem, I mean, she trained under the Jedi, she isn't a full one...I don't think it matters to the Sith at all...she hasn't joined them as far as we know, so she would be a threat to a smart villain.....

How do you know she was trained by the jedi. She could have been a Sith who has left the DS and is now neutral!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

How do you know she was trained by the jedi. She could have been a Sith who has left the DS and is now neutral!

Sorry for the assumption but I thought a dev mentioned her as a "jedi"...not sure though....

They havn't told us much! But it is possible that she could have been at least trained by the Sith but left them for whatever reason.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I don't know that she would leave the dark side by free will. Star Wars always seems to place a lot of emphasis on the fact that someone strong in the light side has to be there (and work very hard) to convert people back. It would just take away some of the doom of the darkside if you allow characters to just walk away from it just like that.

They havn't told us much! But it is possible that she could have been at least trained by the Sith but left them for whatever reason.

Not lately but I'm thinking they said that...a long time ago....

If they did then they did! I dont remember we will just have to see wont we!

Imagine the VAST implications of this on replayability, if this speculation has a grain of truth; if we're given the chance to choose between becoming an apprentice to a Sith Lord or to resist the offer, that means there are two additional replay-opportunities no less distinct than playing DS or LS. An interesting combination would be to play LS yet seemingly join the ranks of the Sith in order to destroy them from within.

Yeah, if that's how it is, then it offers quite a few possibilites :). Interesting, that last suggestion :). That might be a way in which you can quickly find out what the Sith Lords and their motives are and thus easier destroyt hem :). But the same might be true for if you're a darksider and joins them too..

I'm not sure if you'd immediately be able to join them, through. Perhaps first you must meet all of them once (not at the same time, through), and the next time you meet them again, you can choose to join them. Like this, perhaps: the first time you meet Sion, you battle him and them he withdraws, saying: "Your strenght is impressive indeed. Why not consider joining us? Consider this offer very carefully until we meet again!" *Sion retreats, taking off to somewhere*... Then the next time you meet him, he'll say something like "Well, we meet again. Have you considered my offer? Well, what will it be? Freedom and power... or death and despair? Choose, Jedi!" and it's at this point we can make this choice...

I don't know that she would leave the dark side by free will. Star Wars always seems to place a lot of emphasis on the fact that someone strong in the light side has to be there (and work very hard) to convert people back. It would just take away some of the doom of the darkside if you allow characters to just walk away from it just like that.

Maybe some thing made her see the light (no pun intended)! Which made her leave the DS, because she can't now join the jedi she is trying to help you inorder to make up for her previous wrong doings.