KOTOR II Characters

We've been informed that your party in Knights of the Old Republic II will consist of 10 characters. Seven of these have already been revealed to an extent. This leaves three more that are yet to be announced.

1. Your Character - Jedi Guardian, Sentinel or Consular

It remains to be seen if your main character has a real name (like Revan from last time) or if they will just keep the moniker that you give them. This character's attributes are up to you.

2. Kreia - Jedi Consular

She is the older female Jedi in the brown cloak. I remember seeing her with a green lightsaber, so I'm assuming she's a Consular.

3. Altris - Jedi Guardian

She is the beautiful younger Jedi with the platinum blonde hair. She always has her blue lightsaber, so again, I'm assuming her class by it's color. The name may be slightly different, I think they're trying to keep it under wraps.

4. Atton Rand - Scoundrel

He is the Han Solo-esque character we see from time to time. He has brown or black hair and wears a vest. Ah, he just looks like Han Solo. Simple enough.

5. Mira - Scout

Mira is the red-headed firecracker bounty hunter with the bare midriff that we've seen in recent clips. She's also got a super-cool rocket launcher thing on her wrist!

6. T3-M4 - Happy Li'l Droid

One of the least popular characters from KOTOR I, T3 is now supposedly upgraded. This remains to be seen, but he can't be all that bad, can he? How he meets up with your character remains to be seen.

7. HK-47 or another, similar droid - Combat Droid

It has been announced that a droid similar to a certain homicidal "meatbag" killer will be in your party. Whether this is HK-47 or not remains to be seen, but heck, there's always two droids. Just look at the movies.

Unknown characters:

Since you get at least one of each class in your party for variety, we can estimate by logic what the other characters will be.

8. Male Jedi Sentinel

Since we've already got two female Jedi, it stands to reason that the third will be a male. So it looks like a man is behind the yellow lightsaber in this installment of the series, also to those of you expecting Bastila, Juhani or Yuthura Ban in your party, it looks like your chances are slim.

9. Soldier

We haven't seen a soldier yet, so it is reasonable that there will be one in your party. It is uncertain whether they will be male or female. However, following precedent, in your party there are seven humanoid characters, discluding yourself and the droids. Last time there were four men and three women. It could be different this time, but I'm betting it's still the same ratio.

10. ???

What other character class, gender, species has been left out of the mix? Hmm...

Also, we've seen nothing but droids and humans up to this point, so I'm betting that at least one, if not all of the remaining characters are aliens. We had three (or four) aliens in the first game (Zaalbar - Wookiee, Mission - Twi'lek, Juhani - Cathar, Canderous - Mandalorian), and we will probabaly have a similar number in this one.

Possible species:

Any of the species from KOTOR I:

I think Wookiee, Twi'lek, Cathar and Mandalorian may be out, since they'll want to give us something new. They may introduce any of the following:

Mon Calamari - we haven't seen any of these yet.

Bothan - I hope not. Not my favorite alien.

Zabrak - Would be cool, but really only if similar to Darth Maul. I dunno.

Rodian - Could get annoying very quickly.

Sullustan - Another potentially annoying alien. Who really liked Nien Nunb anyway?

Aqualish - Hmm. Well, maybe not.

Selkath - Since the "pathetic fish" look all alike, this one may be out too.

Iridonian - We saw one in the first game, the really evil guy in the yellow armor.

Echani - They look just like people, so this may be pointless.

Duros - They don't do much besides get killed. Hmm.

On second thought, they may have another Twi'lek after all, since there were so darn many of them in the first game. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get Mission's brother Griff. (sarcasm!)

I haven't meant this to be a definitive statement on anything, only my hypothesis on what may be in the game. Feel free to offer any suggestions or to fill in any holes or gaps I may have left. What does everybody think about all of this?

"You shall not pass!"

2 things: I'd expect at least 1 or 2 dark jedis that can join you

7. HK-47 or another, similar droid - Combat Droid

It has been announced that a droid similar to a certain homicidal "meatbag" killer will be in your party. Whether this is HK-47 or not remains to be seen, but heck, there's always two droids. Just look at the movies.

It was said that he would make an appearance in some form. We don't know he is in the party.

2. Kreia - Jedi Consular

She is the older female Jedi in the brown cloak. I remember seeing her with a green lightsaber, so I'm assuming she's a Consular.

it was said she isn't a full jedi

it was said she isn't a full jedi

Yes, you're right, there's something amiss with Kreia to prevent her from full-Jedi hood, however, the same was true of Jolee, and he was still a Consular.

As for HK, yes, we don't know if he's in the party, though someone mentioned we'd have a second droid. I'm not sure which source it came from.

"You shall not pass!"

from somewhere I read that Mira is supposed to be a scout...

Yes, that is also possible. I certainly wouldn't object, since I think two scoundrels might not be the most pleasant thing to have in a party. Apologies to any scoundrel fans. Personally, I'm actually hoping that they'll introduce a new character class for one or more of the NPCs.

"You shall not pass!"

There are more than 10 NPCs in the game though. It's just that you can't have more than 10 in your party and who you can have depends on the path you're taking through the game.

REALLY?! I hadn't read that, actually. Where did you see this information? Maybe I just skimmed over it or missed it. That would be really cool.

"You shall not pass!"

As for HK, yes, we don't know if he's in the party, though someone mentioned we'd have a second droid. I'm not sure which source it came from.

I read in OXM that HK will be in your party, but it's a gaming magazine so...

Personally, I'm actually hoping that they'll introduce a new character class for one or more of the NPCs.

Hell no!

As for the races, I better get a wookiee damnit!

Personally, I'm actually hoping that they'll introduce a new character class for one or more of the NPCs.

Hell no!

As for the races, I better get a wookiee damnit!

I didn't mean to replace one of the old classes, just in addition to them -- something new.

And a Wookiee wouldn't be bad; I just don't know whether or not they'll give us another one. Maybe "the Ghost of Chuundar." :)

"You shall not pass!"

I didn't mean to replace one of the old classes, just in addition to them -- something new.

I know, and I don't want it, I don't want it one bit...of course this is my opinion...but three is enough...

And a Wookiee wouldn't be bad; I just don't know whether or not they'll give us another one. Maybe "the Ghost of Chuundar."  :)

They better give the option for another wookiee and give him the rage ability...

Yes, that brings up a good point -- which characters idolize you and pattern themselves after you; which one refuse to follow you if you're too light or dark? Gosh, this game's got me all excited.

Personally, I think someone like Mira might be prone to idolize you.

As for the Jedi, I think for example, someone like Kreia would be adamant about her alignment, but maybe Altris or some such will follow what you become. I dunno.

"You shall not pass!"

Although T3-M4 is the only character from the original making a return visit to one of your 10-member party slots, many familiar faces will reemerge in the sequel, making cameos and some playing larger roles in the storyline.

This is taken directlyt from pc.ign

I wonder why they chose T3. Maybe because he didn't say much in the first game. I'm not sure. But, I bet we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Probably because he's the only one without a backstory, and thus easiest to implement whichever way they feel without worrying about contradicting something from the first game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That'd be cool, of course that comes back to completely ignored characters, like in both KOTOR, BG and NWN. I thought I saw somewhere that they were doing something so that you'd actually use the characters instead of, um, not using certain ones...

"You shall not pass!"

Probably chose T3 because it was the only character that they didn't "use up" in the first game. Nothing happens to it in the end of the game, it has no background, no one played as it so they have room for improvement. It's almost like a completely new character as it did nothing in the original.

You meet T3 on Peragus, and in the tutorial (optional, btw) you control him, repairing the Ebon Hawk.

You also meet Atton Rand on Peragus, and you MIGHT meet Kreia, but I don't know. I just know that Atton Rand will ask you the question's to determine how the first KotOR played out by your view, which will thusly affect the rest of the game. Kreia also plays a very integral role - they've stated that she's sort of the, "mysterious mentor" type, ala Obi-Wan or Jolee.

Some have speculated that Kreia is evil, secretly or otherwise, but this seems extremely odd given her role. I can't see it being done, though it would be original (if done right).