KOTOR II Characters

Yes, very true. Say, you wish to kill Darth Sion and take his place. That puts you in the upper echelons of the Sith, working for the guy in the skull mask, say. Then at the end of the game, after killing the lead Jedi, you kill the Lead Sith and become the boss.

Something like that, yes :blink:.

But it simply doesn't make sense that in for example KOTOR 1 or JA, you have to kill everyone (or almost everyone... at least you can make it so that you don't need to fight/kill the Sith on Korriban). There should habe been at least a few situations where your enemies were convinced to join you. Take for example the Sith in the Rakatan Temple on the Unknown Planet. You can tell them to "bow to the True Dark Lord of the Sith", but they simply reply that they serve Malak :/. Which in a way doesn't make too much sense to me.. If Revan was able to survive and fight this far, then shouldn't people get that he was stronger than Malak? But as it went, Bastila is the only one that notices this.. :/.

No, I defintively think there should be at least some of the sith who'd choose to follow you if it came to a showdown between you and one of the three Sith Lords (and you won, of course ^__^).

Absolutely!

I always hated that all the Sith were completely loyal to Malak. Why not betray Malak? Revan was always stronger!

And that is why we all love Bastila. She recognized Revan's true power!

(Darth Gandalf) Absolutely!

I always hated that all the Sith were completely loyal to Malak. Why not betray Malak? Revan was always stronger!

Yes, indeed.. The loyality of the Sith in KOTOR 1 was grossly overdone, if I may say so :/. Bad guys aren't exactly known for their loyality. And that's especially true for the Sith, I think... Especially in a situation like this: Malak threw everything he had against Revan when he attacked the Star Forge, but those were to a large part only Sith Apparentices; shouldn't they have known that battling a former Dark Lord of the Sith with his full power still intact would be almost suicide? <_<. Doesn't exactly make sense to me that they'd throw themselves at him like that just because that Malak says so <_<. Sith have been known for being many things, but not outright suicidal.

And that is why we all love Bastila. She recognized Revan's true power!

Yeah, indeed that's so :D. This time, through, if done the right way, perhaps your whole party can recognize your true power! That's cooler than simply one Jedi, two robots and a mercenary being the only ones to do so :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Absolutely. Some people never learn. I mean, you probably outnumber them three to one, you've already proven yourself to be superpowerful, and they still committ suicide! I.E. -- Lashowe, Shaardan, Mekel, and just about every other Sith. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

"You shall not pass!"

Absolutely. Some people never learn. I mean, you probably outnumber them three to one, you've already proven yourself to be superpowerful, and they still committ suicide! I.E. -- Lashowe, Shaardan, Mekel, and just about every other Sith. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

No one ever said the sith were rocket surgeons. ;):(

Yep, precisely. I hope that the Sith of KOTOR 2 is a little smarter. Just a little smarter! That's the least we could ask for, I think <_<.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I redeemed Mekel. And for Shaardan, I gave him the wrong sword. :lol:

Yes, most of the Sith at the academy were pretty stupid: "Muahaha, I'm going to go into battle against a fallen Jedi and his two slaves, even though I'm not a full Sith yet and have limited abilities!"

On a side note, it would have been cool if they let you actually take over the Sith Academy. Unfortunately, it seems that the persuade option to do so never works.

It would be cool if they made things like that possible in KotOR:II

And for Shaardan, I gave him the wrong sword.;)

:lol: That was one of the more fun "evil" things to do at the Sith Academy: Give him the wrong sword and then watch as he apys the price for his arrogance and carelessness B)

Yes, most of the Sith at the academy were pretty stupid: "Muahaha, I'm going to go into battle against a fallen Jedi and his two slaves, even though I'm not a full Sith yet and have limited abilities!"

On a side note, it would have been cool if they let you actually take over the Sith Academy. Unfortunately, it seems that the persuade option to do so never works.

It would be cool if they made things like that possible in KotOR:II

Well, as far as the Sith Academy goes, I agree that the Sith there can be pretty stupid :rolleyes:. but as for the taking over part, I heard that you can at least get Uthar to more or less swear the Academy's loyality to you, but still... anyway, hopefully KOTOR 2 will enable us to take over some place like that and have at least a few followers apart from those in your party...

Well, as far as the Sith Academy goes, I agree that the Sith there can be pretty stupid :huh:. but as for the taking over part, I heard that you can at least get Uthar to more or less swear the Academy's loyality to you, but still... anyway, hopefully KOTOR 2 will enable us to take over some place like that and have at least a few followers apart from those in your party...

Yes, you can actually get Uthar or Yuthora to believe that you are Revan, so if you side with Uthar from the begining, you can get him to bow to you and pledge his loyality.

That's fun to do, but if you kill them both and return to the academy, assuming you already know you are Revan, you have a persuade option that goes something like "I am Darth Revan, I am the master now". Unfortunately, it seems to never work. I had insanely high charisma and persuade the last time I played the game, and it still failed.

Which, to me, is extreme cheese. If they're not going to allow ANY chance for a persuade/force persuade/even force DOMINATE MIND to work for an option, I'd rather they not put it in. The thing is, all of those options SHOULD have a chance to work. If I have wisdom/charisma up at 18 or so, and use Dominate Mind, it should have a chance of working. autofailing against a human is complete bull. I can understand not being able to FP a hutt, but not a human. sorry.

I really want another wookiee, my wookiee was better then every one in my party except me, the only real reason I didn't always use him was becuase he didn't talk much. I one sole hope is to have a talkitive wookiee! I didn't use anybody that didnt have a lightsaber,(besides my wookiee), like carth, never really used him, intill I got bored with the wookiee, so I used carth (because it was cool to talk to him) to run around and get weapons ect... So my group was usally bastila and my wookiee. When bastila when to the dark side I used jolee, he'd usally die,or spend the whole fight using heal, then me and Zalbar would kick every ones ass, then (if he died) when he got up he'd heal us. I was on the good side, but the dark side powers were to good so I used them.

Well, as far as the Sith Academy goes, I agree that the Sith there can be pretty stupid :). but as for the taking over part, I heard that you can at least get Uthar to more or less swear the Academy's loyality to you, but still... anyway, hopefully KOTOR 2 will enable us to take over some place like that and have at least a few followers apart from those in your party...

Yes, you can actually get Uthar or Yuthora to believe that you are Revan, so if you side with Uthar from the begining, you can get him to bow to you and pledge his loyality.

That's fun to do, but if you kill them both and return to the academy, assuming you already know you are Revan, you have a persuade option that goes something like "I am Darth Revan, I am the master now". Unfortunately, it seems to never work. I had insanely high charisma and persuade the last time I played the game, and it still failed.

Yea I killed them bolth to, and I laughed when it was over, almost to easy. Yea it was fun killing the rest of the sith to. I wish I could of killed every one of the sith in colony(place with cantina and such) and the base. But you couldn't kill every one up in the colony witch sucked. <_<

Hmm, never did this before. Hmm. Seems like a good reason for another playthrough of KOTOR 2! :) (not that I'll be able to dot hat anytime soon..)

Yeah, I've tried that too; had insanely high Charmisa, Persuade and Affect Mind anf the other ones.. but it didn't work :/.

Which, to me, is extreme cheese. If they're not going to allow ANY chance for a persuade/force persuade/even force DOMINATE MIND to work for an option, I'd rather they not put it in. The thing is, all of those options SHOULD have a chance to work. If I have wisdom/charisma up at 18 or so, and use Dominate Mind, it should have a chance of working. autofailing against a human is complete bull. I can understand not being able to FP a hutt, but not a human. sorry.

I do agree with that; why put the Persuade/Force Perusade, etc options there if they'll still fail with a 100% certainly? That IMHO makes no sense expect for that they create the illusion of that you might actually succeed.. :/

Huh. Mine was 90-something and he refused to budge.

how did you get it that high let alone on taris?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png