The TV and Streaming Thread: US Writers/Actors Strike Edition

Raithe

Dead Boy Detectives is fairly entertaining for what it is. A fairly decent adaption of Neil Gaiman's work, but you can tell the influence some of the scriptwriters had with a CW background.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Fallout was much better than I expected. Really enjoyed it, especially the mid-season episodes.

3 Body Problem - promising start. Only watched one episode yet.

Shogun - really, really looking forward to this. Probably gonna wait until I'm home alone for a weekend or something like that.

Yes, Shogun was a pretty historical drama.

The live action version of The Tick has been available on FreeVee, so I've been amused by that.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

1 hour ago, rjshae said:

Yes, Shogun was a pretty historical drama.

The live action version of The Tick has been available on FreeVee, so I've been amused by that.

there are a lot of change about situation before sekigahara but name of few character are changed so little it is distracting

14 hours ago, rjshae said:

The 2001 live action Tick series with Patrick Warburton, or the 2016 live action Tick series with Peter Serafinowicz?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Posted (edited)

Damn, her comeback tour flopped and now she's going to be an actor again?

/Edit:

Watched Twisted Metal on Amazon. No clue how close that is to the old video game since I never played it, but the show itself was surprisingly not bad. Enjoyed it for the most of it and would totally watch a season 2.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 hours ago, Lexx said:

Damn, her comeback tour flopped and now she's going to be an actor again?

I don't think she ever stopped acting. She had that Mother movie last year that was decent. That being said, this looks terrible, but it also looks like she probably got paid well to get bounced around in a box for awhile. 😆

Wait, she did that one before...is this a sequel to The Cell?

Ah well, they can't all be Hustlers.

Currently watching the ESC 2024 semi final #1.

This one is more entertaining than the past five combined. And by entertaining I mean the acts are a blast to watch. Not so much a blast to listen to, though. :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, majestic said:

Currently watching the ESC 2024 semi final #1.

This one is more entertaining than the past five combined. And by entertaining I mean the acts are a blast to watch. Not so much a blast to listen to, though. :p

I have to admit I am impressed by the sheer amount of work that went into the three minute presentation of Ireland's entry. Love or hate the song (one can certainly do both at the same time!), the perfomance is mesmerizing.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Jeez, I wonder how this looks like for the people who are there live.. or are there any at all? Did they change the format? Didn't know there is semi finals and stuff now.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I also watched the first fallout season. It started a bit mixed and turned out really good.

I think they got the recipe largely right. There is a ton to chose from in all the games and having three characters just kinda move through it all, The good, the bad and the ugly style, while keeping the characters in focus enables all the lore not to become baggage.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in here before, but a sequel to the Orphan Black sci-fi series is coming out June 23 on AMC. It stars Krysten Ritter of Jessica Jones fame. I enjoyed the original, particularly the remarkable work of Tatiana Maslany who simultaneously played more than five different and completely unique characters, so I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

HBO/Max - Tokyo Vice: white guy wants to be a news (print) reporter in 90's Japan. Gets involved in seedy underworld plots and stuff.

I love Ken Watanabe, I'll try it.

Episode 1: Ken is on-screen for about 10 seconds. The rest is largely setup/chr. building for the youthful main character. I found it well shot/done but kinda slow/boring. Main chr. initially not super likable/a tad annoying but earnest. It's just that most of the supporting/side chrs. come off as more interesting. >.>

Episode 2: Ken is on-screen a little longer but not by much.  >.>  Still kinda boring, but the Yakuza turf war stuff may get more interesting. I don't mean in action way, it's not that kind of series. I think.

I think Ken is supposed to become more important in the series/with the main chr, so going to watch more and hopefully Eps. 3 will be the one.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 5/7/2024 at 11:47 PM, majestic said:

I have to admit I am impressed by the sheer amount of work that went into the three minute presentation of Ireland's entry. Love or hate the song (one can certainly do both at the same time!), the perfomance is mesmerizing.

Croatias song was a bit of a banger, but I really love Rammstein so I'm definetly biased 😄

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

First off, love Orphan Black and I am very hyped for it for a very specific reason that might be a tad weird saying this but I actually wrote a story where two sisters were sent to a fantasy world and they were played by Krysten Ritter and Tatiana Maslany in my head. I will not fully divulge the story but I remember it fondly.