The All Things Political Topic - Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex

Gromnir

11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

First time in U.S. history the Speaker of the House has been ousted: now we'll get to see even more of the clown circus show, and what follows will probably be even worse.

Hasn't electing him as Speaker of the House been a clown show already? I seem to dimly recall it taking a while.

Yep, this is only getting worse.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/3/why-kenya-volunteered-to-lead-un-mission-to-haiti

The UN is funding a Kenya led military force to Haiti, its well meaning but I not sure how much success they will have considering the history of UN missions in Haiti. There are also so many unresolved and ongoing conflicts in Africa but Haiti is desperate for military assistance so lets see what happens  

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/3/why-kenya-volunteered-to-lead-un-mission-to-haiti

The UN is funding a Kenya led military force to Haiti, its well meaning but I not sure how much success they will have considering the history of UN missions in Haiti. There are also so many unresolved and ongoing conflicts in Africa but Haiti is desperate for military assistance so lets see what happens  

Need more global warming. Rising sea levels will solve the problem of Haiti for good.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Gorth said:

Need more global warming. Rising sea levels will solve the problem of Haiti for good.

Yes but where would the millions of people go who live on these types of islands? The solution is to fix there domestic problems and ensure the country is stable but the most important thing is they need effective governments to do this and that is what is lacking

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Yes but where would the millions of people go who live on these types of islands? The solution is to fix there domestic problems and ensure the country is stable but the most important thing is they need effective governments to do this and that is what is lacking

I honestly have no idea what so ever how Haiti's problems could be fixed. It's entirely possible they would have to go through the process of communist dictatorship for 50 years, while a new generation grows up struggling for democracy and a rule of law (similar to what may happens some day int he future in China, Vietnam etc., where there are young people struggling to improve their say in government and probably will overthrow the "old man regimes" some day). But you need a generation of people that are united in their cause.... I think. But that is just me thinking out loud. Fast and furious revolutions have worked too, but it wont change things unless the mindset of a new ruling class is radically different from the current establishment.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just now, Gorth said:

I honestly have no idea what so ever how Haiti's problems could be fixed. It's entirely possible they would have to go through the process of communist dictatorship for 50 years, while a new generation grows up struggling for democracy and a rule of law (similar to what may happens some day int he future in China, Vietnam etc., where there are young people struggling to improve their say in government and probably will overthrow the "old man regimes" some day). But you need a generation of people that are united in their cause.... I think. But that is just me thinking out loud. Fast and furious revolutions have worked too, but it wont change things unless the mindset of a new ruling class is radically different from the current establishment.

Yes, I dont purposely follow the events and realities of countries like Haiti because its outside my sphere of interest. I can research the history of Haiti and understand its problems but I have  limited time and how I want to spend that time, for me African problems are much more relevant than issues from the Caribbean 

I posted this link just because its interesting how Kenya is getting involved and they will  be in charge of the  military mission with the primary goal being the ending of the control of the gangs in Haiti. So to keep it simple, we dont need to know the history of Haiti because this will be primarily about a war with the gangs 

And hopefully they achieve results but its  not about them somehow creating an effective government which is the main reason the gangs are able to flourish. But the gangs still need to be dealt with before you can have a government that can be functional 

John Milton 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, Pidesco said:

McCarthy has been ousted as speaker of the house.

Good riddance. As an extra bonus this really pissed off Newt Gingrich and caused him to go on a tirade. Delicious schadenfreude!

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

20 hours ago, Gorth said:

If the sea levels keep rising my future home in the mountains would eventually be waterfront property. Any suggestions on how I can increase my greenhouse gas emissions? I suppose I could buy up a bunch of coal and just burn it for the hell of it. 🤔

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Remember the border wall that Trump started building in southern Texas? You know, the wall he was labeled a racist and white supremacist by the legacy media for? The wall Joe Biden publicly said he would not build one more inch. That wall. Guess what Biden is building in southern Texas now that the flood of immigrants is no longer just affecting podunk towns inhabited by lowly, dirty, deplorable peasants, it's now affecting big cities like New York and Chicago, where the aristocrats live, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence, the two things are in no way, shape, or form related. Wait... What's that? It's not a wall, it's a barrier? Oh, I'm sorry, that's completely different. My mistake.:shifty:

• Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 10/5/2023 at 9:38 AM, Gorth said:

Fast and furious revolutions have worked too, but it wont change things unless the mindset of a new ruling class is radically different from the current establishment.

Eternal problem with fast and furious revolutions: people who can get them done are not the people who can form better governments.

11 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I don't think Biden is making any of those decisions if it makes you feel any better.

It's his administration. Right or wrong, the leader gets the credit and the blame, even if in this case the leader is effectively Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

On 10/4/2023 at 8:46 PM, Gorth said:

As long as France, Canada and the US take all the people. 

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

As long as France, Canada and the US take all the people. 

Look, just because those countries are largely responsible for Haiti's woes (and climate change) doesn't mean they should be the ones to take responsibility. Haiti needs to pull itself up by it's bootstraps so they can create $100 billion in industry from nothing and rise a few thousand feet into the air.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Remember the border wall that Trump started building in southern Texas? You know, the wall he was labeled a racist and white supremacist by the legacy media for? The wall Joe Biden publicly said he would not build one more inch. That wall. Guess what Biden is building in southern Texas now that the flood of immigrants is no longer just affecting podunk towns inhabited by lowly, dirty, deplorable peasants, it's now affecting big cities like New York and Chicago, where the aristocrats live, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence, the two things are in no way, shape, or form related. Wait... What's that? It's not a wall, it's a barrier? Oh, I'm sorry, that's completely different. My mistake.:shifty:

My understanding - correct me if I'm wrong - is that the money was already set aside by Congress during the Trump administration for the wall, and since Congress declined to rescind the funding when the current Homeland Security Secretary asked, the money has to be used for its intended purpose as allocated.  Biden is irrelevant <insert joke here>.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

After giving it some thought, I've concluded that we should forget about walls and barriers. I mean, are we barbarians? Shouldn't we be evolved past this? I have the solution. You're going to love this! Laser grids. Heh? Heh? I've got your attention now, don't I? Sure, New York City has their digidogs and K5 surveillance drones, but that's just parroting the CCP. That's old news. Plus, laser grids are way more badass than surveillance drones. You know China will have laser grids soon. Are we going to let them get to them first or are we going to beat them to the punch? Are we followers or leaders? And think about it, there's legitimate risk of injury to immigrants trying to scale physical walls. They could twist an ankle, blow out a quad, break an arm, the list goes on and on. With a laser grid, if they try to cross, they get cut into neat little meat squares. That's way more compassionate and humanitarian. Also... This just keeps getting better. We can set up the lasers so that we can change the color whenever we want. Breast cancer awareness? BAM! Pink laser grid. We'd be the envy of the world! As a final added bonus, think about how much that would piss off Trump. Sure, publicly he'd denounce the laser grid, but you know that it would eat him up inside. He would think "That should have been me. I should have been the one to build the laser grid. It would have been THE BEST laser grid." It's a win win win win proposition. This might be my best idea ever!

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

3 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Remember the border wall that Trump started building in southern Texas? You know, the wall he was labeled a racist and white supremacist by they  legacy media for? The wall Joe Biden publicly said he would not build one more inch. That wall. Guess what Biden is building in southern Texas now that the flood of immigrants is no longer just affecting podunk towns inhabited by lowly, dirty, deplorable peasants, it's now affecting big cities like New York and Chicago, where the aristocrats live, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence, the two things are in no way, shape, or form related. Wait... What's that? It's not a wall, it's a barrier? Oh, I'm sorry, that's completely different. My mistake.:shifty:

Well its demonstrably  clear that border management has been a real failure under Biden with illegal immigration increasing. But there has been no  effective solution under either party so  everyone needs to take blame 

But  what I do  find interesting is now that undocumented immigrants are being bussed  to Democrat controlled states like NY this crisis has become more real for liberals and the left. Now people are experiencing what border states like Texas and Arizona have been dealing with for years and they understand what a resource and social problem it is 

John Milton 

33 minutes ago, Amentep said:

My understanding - correct me if I'm wrong - is that the money was already set aside by Congress during the Trump administration for the wall, and since Congress declined to rescind the funding when the current Homeland Security Secretary asked, the money has to be used for its intended purpose as allocated.  Biden is irrelevant <insert joke here>.

While that may be true, the fact that 26 laws are being waived concerning things like environmental protection and indigenous rights is not great. Maybe this was also baked in with the money set aside, but it's still pretty ****ty and is going to **** up people's water, some graves, and endangered species for an ugly wall that doesn't work.

13 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

for an ugly wall that doesn't work.

That's why we should go with a laser grid. The kids love aRGBs and we can have the laser grid cycle colors, breathe, all the stuff they love.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

38 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

But  what I do  find interesting is now that undocumented immigrants are being bussed  to Democrat controlled states like NY this crisis has become more real for liberals and the left. Now people are experiencing what border states like Texas and Arizona have been dealing with for years and they understand what a resource and social problem it is 

I see this repeated a lot, especially on the right but it's a flawed premise. There are liberal border states and liberal cities in red states. I'm from a liberal border area.. and immigrants in NY being the breaking point is laughable.

There are real issues with immigration and border policy but these things are gross oversimplifications and outright lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21