Random video game news... the critical eyes have it

4 hours ago, melkathi said:

The Living One will be reborn ON WINGS OF FIRE.

Sounds more like something you'd get from a vindaloo than a pizza, to be honest.

Or a vindaloo pizza, I guess, though I'm fairly sure their creation is mentioned in Revelations.

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

where's Chris

fygopf2jo1531.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Sounds more like something you'd get from a vindaloo than a pizza, to be honest.

Or a vindaloo pizza, I guess, though I'm fairly sure their creation is mentioned in Revelations.

We actually have a ton of Indian pizza places in the Bay Area. Veggie Masala Pizza is fantastic. The one near my house also has a great craft beer list. Samosa bites beat wings every day of the week.

https://www.parktownpizza.com/

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, Indian pizza can be great and we have a few here, albeit mostly fairly conservative fare like korma/ butter chicken/ tikka. I've also made pizza with left over homemade Raan before and it was top notch. Also rendang and a Sri Lanka yellow curry and they were pretty top tier too. I certainly don't care about the spiciness either.

Vindaloo on pizza though... dunno, has the same effect on me as when someone suggested chocolate onionello as a new variety once: very good evidence for the existence of satan, and despite me liking onions and chocolate separately.

• Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, kanisatha said:

I'm happy to pay $70 for Starfield as I know I will thoroughly enjoy that game and be playing it possibly through the end of my life. Totally worth it. OTOH, it is BG3 that I'll be waiting for 40+% off sale price to buy it. And Avowed (and TOW2) I won't buy at any price unless it comes with a third-person option.

Well, let's see how good it is. If it looks like I'll play hundreds of hours then yes, I can pay a high price.

• Thanks 1

sign.jpg

does people not remember the tidal wave of nonsense fallout 76 bring forth

that was 5 years ago and what masterpiece had bethesda put out to redeem themself

there is simply no evidence that bethesda are still capable of creating good game

Edited by uuuhhii
  • Thanks 1

One bad game isn't enough for me to give up on a developer. Fallout 76 was also built on the faulty premise that the wasteland was just missing a bunch of other players and an MMO feel.

Starfield is a single player RPG, and it looks like it will be typical of the rest of their stable. Big world, good exploration, questionable storytelling. That's enough for me. 

• Like 1

I mean... for me Oblivion was already a bad game. Skyrim was a little more ok, but also still mediocre. Fo3, same story, bad to mediocre (thanks to mods, once again). Fo4 was absolutely terrible. Played 76 on one of those free weekends and thought it was super terrible.

So yeah.. by that track record, I'm pretty sure Starfield will be either terrible or mediocre at best.

Morrowind is awesome, though. 😄

• Like 6

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://www.gamesradar.com/every-qa-tester-at-microsoft-is-working-on-starfield-according-to-phil-spencer/

Xbox boss Phil Spencer says that "every QA person in our entire company is playing Starfield right now,"

https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-exec-says-starfield-has-the-fewest-bugs-any-bethesda-game-ever-shipped-with/

"We have an awful lot of people internally playing [Starfield]," Booty said on a

Giant Bomb stream this week (via VGC). "Working with Todd and the team, I see bug counts and, just by the numbers, if it shipped today, this would have the fewest bugs any Bethesda game ever shipped with."

Not exactly a high bar, but okey 😄

Microsoft really needs this one to land, doesn't it. Or take off. Pick your pun.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

bar glitched under the dc subway system long time ago

• Haha 1

BTW, if anyone missed it, Starfield will require SSD to run, and 125 GB of it as minimum.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/starfield-system-requirements-demand-ssd-125gb-storage

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

37 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

BTW, if anyone missed it, Starfield will require SSD to run, and 125 GB of it as minimum.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/starfield-system-requirements-demand-ssd-125gb-storage

Yeah this is what may prevent me from buying it right away. I think my current computer will really struggle with it.

29 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Good thing I upgraded ten years ago

My gaming PC died a few years ago and I cant justify buying a new one just to play games. ;(  I use my work laptop for browsing and stuff and all my gaming nowadays is on mobile. But jeez, theyre still $600 bucks (2022 Newest Xbox-Series X 1TB SSD Video Gaming Console with One Wireless Controller, 16GB GDDR6 RAM, 8X_Cores Zen 2 CPU, RDNA 2 GPU, LPT Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable - Walmart.com), plus D4 ($70), plus Starfield ($100). :aiee:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

A 12gig card prolly won't be enough for TES VI

By the time TES VI comes out a mid-range GPU will have 2 TB of VRAM. Minimum PSU requirement 650,000 Watts.:shifty:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks