Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Part 6

bugarup

5 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

That is exactly what I'm planning. My Aeon pt will be with a melee character.

aeon is a powerful mythic path but the downside is it only becomes relative strongk once you hit mythic six. is our opinion, but wotr is most difficult early. in terms o' early game power, nothing compares with the merged spell book angel or lich. trickster is also relative strong sooner than other mythics. azata casters may be powerful early as either favorable or zippy magic is a serious upgrade for casters and the first superpower comes at mythic 4.

aeon, on the other hand, feels a bit underwhelming with meh spells and ok-but-not-great abilities. however, the aeon gazes scale well, the greater dispel from improved aeon's bane is one o' the best abilities in the game, and the level six and seven mythic spells for aeon is busted powerful. oh, and the aeon's cloak is one o' the better items in the game.

unfortunate, the problem with being the aeon being one o' the most OP mythics late in the game is every other mythic is capable o' being extreme powerful late in the game.Β 

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Now that the appsflyer drama has been put to bed it's time for datamining

No word on when the next dlc drops, but at this point I think we've seen most classes get an additional archetype, many of which are Owlcat originals. Only one found now and it's a frost themed druid. Off the top of my head I think it's just Fighter, Bard, Skald, Magus, and Warpriest who haven't had their new archetypes implemented in the data, but I'm going by memory here.

Oh and there's some nice stuff for shield users and Stunning Critical has entered the chat.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"YouΒ are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfullyΒ it seems like the creatorsΒ like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don'tΒ forgetΒ the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"AreΒ you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feralΒ camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Started a new playthrough with a vanilla monk, will go for the Aeon path. Was thinking about going Scaled fist and maybe going for the Dragon path.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

Started a new playthrough with a vanilla monk, will go for the Aeon path. Was thinking about going Scaled fist and maybe going for the Dragon path.

Beat Melies' ass. I don't think I'll do a real Aeon run (Aeon>Devil with the Path of Hell mod is slotted though) and I

Spoiler

Already kicked Mephistopheles' ass in my (1st) Azata run

I thought Gold Dragon Shifter would be cool but the shifter claws don't work with the Dragon form. From what I can tell mechanically Gold Dragon seems best for turning full casters into gishes or otherwise exploiting the "fix your build" parts of it to shore up bab loss on some builds. I haven't played around with it outside of theory crafting and checking how a couple of builds would work though.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfullyΒ it seems like the creatorsΒ like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I never really worked out what would've been the "optimal" minion for my Necromancer/Lick. I picked the tanky guy, as I assumed being squishy would be my biggest problem. It seems to repurpose the "mount" interface, except you can't actually put a saddle on your minion and ride on him. Could've been fun I suppose πŸ€”

Back to traversing the wound, solving side quests, while progressing the HoM&M mini game. This time a bit more optimal, knowing the strengths and weaknesses of generals (and also not getting too attached to any of the armies, as I know I may have to go recruiting again in the later part of the game). Hordes of zombies and skeletons are great damage sponges, but they are a pain to maintain in any way, as heal army spells damage them and vice versa. So, I started to just sacrifice them and not worry too much about them (sending them all to one giant blob army of zombies and skeletons in the middle of the map). Maybe they turn out useful at some point, even if just asΒ  door stopper.

Still learning how to use summons (various under npcs) to fight for you in a combat, as there are quite a few options. Pre-summoning, raise fallen enemies, etc. Did have some success with a few under enemies that were very hard for my barbarian, simply being "charmed" to fight for me a turn every now and then.

Β 

Edit: I also have the corpse of the dwarf renegade whatshisname in the dungeon. Not sure he ages like fine wine, but I guess he will serve a purpose later...

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Still learning how to use summons (various under npcs) to fight for you in a combat, as there are quite a few options. Pre-summoning, raise fallen enemies, etc. Did have some success with a few under enemies that were very hard for my barbarian, simply being "charmed" to fight for me a turn every now and then.

Β 

Summons are self-sabotaging idiots, the best you can do is throw them at something to waste spells and other things and pray they won't run to some lonely enemy at the opposite edge of the map, eating every attack of opportunity on the way. Toybox has the option for controllable summons, and turning it on ain't even cheating.Β 

Lich's Repurpose spell is hilarious even if raised minions are braindead. In Alushinyrra its effect never expired for some reason, so whenever I went there a small but growing army of Balrogs etc. happily hoofed to welcome me back. I felt so loved.Β :wub:Β I also repurposed the Overtuned Furry, but that one was on a timer and the dungeon was cleared anyway.Β 

You have that Triceratops figurine? Put your Lich on him if you want a mount. He's probably squishier than you are, but for some reason nobody ever targeted my Lich or his mount as if we were invisible, so won't hurt to try.Β 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, bugarup said:

You have that Triceratops figurine? Put your Lich on him if you want a mount. He's probably squishier than you are, but for some reason nobody ever targeted my Lich or his mount as if we were invisible, so won't hurt to try.Β 

I just noticed my phone consistently replaced 'undead' with 'under' 😝

Hmm... I can't remember if my current party has the triceratops. I know my barbarian had it, but I'll check when I next play the game πŸ‘

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm following the Neoseeker guide forΒ Nenio's quest. They told me to activate a device (in the middle of the east section of the underground map) with four blue stones and then use the same stones on a puzzle nearby. But I can't do that because the stones were used in the device. Am I supposed to find more stones? This was going well, but if the guides won't help I'm not looking forward to continuing the quest.

sign.jpg

55 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I'm following the Neoseeker guide forΒ Nenio's quest. They told me to activate a device (in the middle of the east section of the underground map) with four blue stones and then use the same stones on a puzzle nearby. But I can't do that because the stones were used in the device. Am I supposed to find more stones? This was going well, but if the guides won't help I'm not looking forward to continuing the quest.

You remove the stones. They all end up in the middle ring.

edit: reading your post again, if you don't have enough stones to complete a section than you need to explore more.

Edited by Sarex
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

You remove the stones. They all end up in the middle ring.

edit: reading your post again, if you don't have enough stones to complete a section than you need to explore more.

I had enough, but they disappeared when I used one of the devices. Anyway, I won't have much time to play until the end of next week, so I'll have to finish this later.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

All right, I played a little more and I was supposed to have 6 stones. Four are locked in the 4 wells device, one is in the next room and there is no sign of the sixth. I even used toybox to highlight all loot on the map, collected everything and still can't find the sixth stone.

Is it supposed to be the one in the entrance of the Pyramid? Someone said in Reddit that you can take that one and the door remains open, but that is not the case for me. There were also plenty of people claiming they are bugged, but that was a year or two ago. Perhaps it's still happening?

Edit: Nevermind, it was in the mummies room. I thought I had looted everything there because they stopped spawning. Go figure.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I actually like Gold Dragon on a caster because it ups the damage die and turns all damage into divine

I forgot about that tbh. Between that, the 25 bab, and the hit dice upgrade, it seems like a very powerful way to make your caster a gish without a prc. Looks like I've got some gestalt theory crafting waiting for me when I get home.

I forgot about the water elemental and how much reloads it takes (took me more than 15 this time). Is there any way to beat it consistently apart from getting lucky rolls?

Maybe it's because of mods, but after the recent update the game crashes on me when I try to use Inquisitor Judgments or Aeon Gazes. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to try to do an Aeon Inquisitor without mods to see if I can replicate.

Also @ShadySandsΒ was completely right about Gold Dragon, it's very powerful on blaster casters. Maybe not merged Angel or Lich good but more than pulls it's weight.

Edited by PK htiw klaw eriF

1 hour ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Maybe it's because of mods, but after the recent update the game crashes on me when I try to use Inquisitor Judgments or Aeon Gazes. Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to try to do an Aeon Inquisitor without mods to see if I can replicate.

Also @ShadySandsΒ was completely right about Gold Dragon, it's very powerful on blaster casters. Maybe not merged Angel or Lich good but more than pulls it's weight.

gonna observe blaster always seemed like a good option from our pov and there has been improvements with patches. example: irresistible divine damage took some time to implement correct. the hd increases is underappreciated.

is doubtful kp reads, but is also worth noting a merged spellbook angel or lich keeps the merged spellbook when going the gold dragon route, albeit w/o the inflated caster level, which as already noted in the linked post is not that big o' a sacrifice for a blaster.Β 

'course the downside, much like with legend, is the lateness the gold dragon is available plus our only dedicated blaster character thus far were an azata and it felt wrong to kick aivu and the rest o' the lollipop guild to the curb for a little more power which 'course is kinda unnecessary late game. the difficult content in the game is early, so being a smidge more powerful for the last 10% is kinda underwhelming.

still haven't done our anticipated lich-> gold dragon even though it is one o' the few remaining builds am curious 'bout.Β 

@SarexΒ the water elemental is beatable even on unfair w/o numerous reloads, but doing so requires exploitive gameplay

HA! Good Fun!

Β 

• Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, HoonDing said:

The Camellia reveal is even worse than I expected

Gonna be using Sosiel for a while

the one genuine surprise for owlcat's camellia arc is it manages to beΒ considerable worse in act 5.

HA! Good Fun!

• Sad 1

I wonder if Camelia is going to stick around in my Lich play. I suspect if I turn all "skeletal" at some point, she'll just decide, that there are more entertaining things to do with her time 😁