Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yes and if you live in that country wouldnt you be proud and supportive of that company because it benefits your country with the tax generated?

No? It's a bit too nebulous for me to be invested beyond "I liked Witcher games and GOG is DRM free".

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

25 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

skyrim anniversary edition again

Excellent trailer but how is this different to the AE edition released 1 year ago? I am  an absolute Bethesda sheeeeeeep and I will  " day 1 " purchase it if its got new features but since I currently have 3 different and unplayed versions of Skyrim on Steam I need some motivation?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

skyrim anniversary edition again

Is this a joke, lol.

This is literally "anniversary" edition - every year they release the same game again.

Edited by Lexx
  • Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 hours ago, Wormerine said:

No? It's a bit too nebulous for me to be invested beyond "I liked Witcher games and GOG is DRM free".

Okay Wormie  you win, you hate CDPR  and you dont care its a Polish company. I tried :p

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Okay Wormie  you win, you hate CDPR  and you dont care its a Polish company. I tried :p

Oh stop trying to radicalize our youth to your fascist ideologies, save the nationalist preaching for the political thread 😝

• Haha 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

did you guys seen mannor lords? Someone here was playing that new city builder from Crate devs but man, does mannor lords looks soo much better... just the fact there is no grid and and you can create some very dynamic plots for buildings is amazing

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

13 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

did you guys seen mannor lords? Someone here was playing that new city builder from Crate devs but man, does mannor lords looks soo much better... just the fact there is no grid and and you can create some very dynamic plots for buildings is amazing

It does look interesting, at least there is a demo

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.pcgamesn.com/starfield/interview-ex-Bethesda-dev

Great link on  Starfield, I particularly like this part

"so big in fact that it’ll have 1,000 planets to explore that can be landed on anywhere. We had some questions for Purkeypile about how this was achieved, as while it’s been previously mentioned by director Tod Howard that procedural generation is involved with the over 100 solar systems, we don’t know exactly how "

I cant wait for all the exciting " planet mods " that the industrious and brilliant modding community will create. This game is going to be epic :dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/starfield/interview-ex-Bethesda-dev

Great link on  Starfield, I particularly like this part

"so big in fact that it’ll have 1,000 planets to explore that can be landed on anywhere. We had some questions for Purkeypile about how this was achieved, as while it’s been previously mentioned by director Tod Howard that procedural generation is involved with the over 100 solar systems, we don’t know exactly how "

I cant wait for all the exciting " planet mods " that the industrious and brilliant modding community will create. This game is going to be epic :dancing:

I bet first mod you will put in is planet of nymphomaniacs

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

17 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

I bet first mod you will put in is planet of nymphomaniacs

Unlikely, my first mods are always extra monsters\aliens,  extra NPCs and then any mods that balance the game like no level scaling

But adult mods come later and Im glad you also thinking about it 💞

John Milton 

On 10/4/2022 at 1:35 PM, Raithe said:

I thought that was a given? I was just r/patientgamer-ing for that one 😄

On 10/6/2022 at 11:48 PM, majestic said:

See, and you probably don't even understand the German lyrics, which is a mercy beyond imagining. :p

Unfortunately I know just enough German to make some of it out... (also Scooter, that was a name I hadn't heard in ... decades)

On 10/7/2022 at 9:54 AM, Humanoid said:

It's just the announcement for Skyrim launching on Epic, as well as the recent launches on GOG and Switch (where it performs abysmally apparently). Nothing new for Steam or MS Store users.

Skyrim, a terribly optimized game built on a terribly optimized engine performs terribly on terribly underpowered hardware. Wow, I'm sure nobody saw that coming ;)

Edited by marelooke

3 hours ago, marelooke said:

Skyrim, a terribly optimized game built on a terribly optimized engine performs terribly on terribly underpowered hardware. Wow, I'm sure nobody saw that coming ;)

Sad thing is that base Skyrim actually runs okay, apparently all the paid mods included with the Anniversary Edition absolutely tank performance. Now these "Creation Club" mods are made by users, not by Bethesda, so you might think that it's just a matter of amateurs making poor-quality mods and poor vetting of those mods by Bethesda. Hah, that would make far too much sense, and therefore it's firmly not the case.

So yes, the problem has to do with mods. But it has nothing to do with the content of the mods, or how they're coded. Due to how Skyrim fundamentally works, the simple act of enabling a mod reduces performance even if that mod is literally blank and does nothing. The Anniversary Edition has 74 mods included. The game would be broken even if all 74 of those mods were dummy mods with no content whatsoever.

The most insane part of course is the fact that this problem would have been identified had someone at Bethesda literally attempted to launch the game just a single time after enabling all those mods. But apparently that was too much work for them.

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/xsebhw/dont_buy_skyrim_anniversary_edition_on_switch/iqkjth6/

• Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

14 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The most insane part of course is the fact that this problem would have been identified had someone at Bethesda literally attempted to launch the game just a single time after enabling all those mods. But apparently that was too much work for them.

They probably know but just don't care.

Its probably an elaborate troll given the number of people who asked about the Anniversary Edition for Skyrim for Switch when it came out on other platforms.

• Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

On 10/6/2022 at 9:45 PM, BruceVC said:

:lol:, I have never heard of it 

The only memorable game from SA is Stasis and Im not sure how many people know about it ?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/380150/STASIS/

The same company also released Cayne and Beautiful Desolation.

Stasis and Cayne were my first two let's play on my youtube channel 😄 Beautiful Desolation is still on my backlog, but from what I've read it's apparently better, and also different, than the first two, which I've enjoyed. So hopefully, internet did not lie to me, before I've purchased it 😛

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

30 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

The same company also released Cayne and Beautiful Isolation.

Stasis and Cayne were my first two let's play on my youtube channel 😄 Beautiful Isolation is still on my backlog, but from what I've read it's apparently better, and also different, than the first two, which I've enjoyed. So hopefully, internet did not lie to me, before I've purchased it 😛

Nice, I didn't even know about those games 

John Milton 

Nice to see Bastila getting more work 😛

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

46 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Is it woke enough

As far as I am concerned a game can never be woke enough, we should always make games as woke as possible  :thumbsup:

John Milton