What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

Other stuff:

Other house, neighbor had avocado tree (altho it's currently dying, ::sadface::). 
This house, neighbor has grapes that entwine among the other bushes/trees. They're small, like raisin-size, but good/sweet.

grapes1.jpg

grapes2.jpg

What you do when your knees are "bad" and the backstep is too deep/high. The floor threshold to first step was about 8 inches high making for a jolting forward-landing and I was side-crabbing it, which was straining one hip...now it's 3 inches and the other two steps are shallower/ok.  I'm such a joint-gimp now. >.>  The home-to-garage door stairs needs a plank/ramp over the stairs, too. Pfft.
steps1.jpg

"Awesome, a lot of these are labeled with nice labels!"
"...never mind, many of them are wrong, apparently."
Why is this almost always true.

breakerlabels.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

18 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

"Awesome, a lot of these are labeled with nice labels!"
"...never mind, many of them are wrong, apparently."
Why is this almost always true.

People renovate or rearrange and never change/relabel the breakers.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I applied for a handgun purchase permit. Despite my seedy nature, my official record is crystal clean, so I should have it in a week, if not sooner 

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I applied for a handgun purchase permit. Despite my seedy nature, my official record is crystal clean, so I should have it in a week, if not sooner 

Nice, is always good to be protected. What gun are you planning on getting?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Out of curiosity, why a 10mm?

Went fishing again with my friend today, morning trip. I was angling and my friend was using a spinner. The lucky bastard caught a 2kg pike. Not gonna lie, I'm jealous as ****.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Why not this one? 😁

Damn, I'm getting flashbacks to that vid of a guy with a G18 with a **** front grip putting bullets in his hand after the grip broke >_<

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

15 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Out of curiosity, why a 10mm?

It's a solid all around caliber, the middle ground between 9mm and .45. It has most of the stopping power of a .45 but with a flatter trajectory and better effective range, closer to that of a 9mm.

As for why the Glock G40, I like the 6" barrel. It makes it a terrible sidearm for concealed carry, but I don't care about concealed carry, hence that's not a negative for me, but I get the benefits that a long barrel provides (accuracy and power at a distance). I'm also considering Sig P220, but Sigs are sooooooo expensive.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

It's a solid all around caliber, the middle ground between 9mm and .45. It has most of the stopping power of a .45 but with a flatter trajectory and better effective range, closer to that of a 9mm.

Sure, but isn't it also alot more expensive? I'm thinking that might be relevant since it has alot snappier recoil than a nine you'll probably need more time on the range to compensate 🤔

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Good choice, there are not  enough positive stories about legal gun ownership in the US and how this has led to lives being saved and mass shooters being killed by gun owners. Like this story yesterday in a mall in Indiana which was also covered on CNN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/07/18/greenwood-park-mall-shooting-indianapolis-indiana/10084818002/

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Sure, but isn't it also alot more expensive? I'm thinking that might be relevant since it has alot snappier recoil than a nine you'll probably need more time on the range to compensate 🤔

That advice is sound, 10mm ammo is indeed more expensive compared to 9mm, I'm willing to pay the difference, though. As for recoil, I can handle the recoil of 10mm no problem.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Got screwed over by a contractor today, which basically puts me months behind on my renovation which is already so late it's not even funny. The idiot even knew where the issue was, but tried to see if I wouldn't notice... I wouldn't even be that angry if the moron didn't call me immediately (probably the workers sent him a message when they saw my reaction) and start attacking me.... Can only blame my self for getting something so expensive and going with the cheaper option. Now if I blow him off, he probably won't finish the other work, but I sure as hell am not leaving it like that.

FFS.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Im on pins and needles! What did they renovate incorrectly?

Frameless interior doors. The door panel was done really badly, basically the gaps (between the panel and the frame) are bad and the panel itself is not flush with the frame. He did the frame, but had a subcontractor do the panel.

Edited by Sarex

Occasionally I read articles re: economic and other world issues re: human quality of life/anger etc and feel like we're in the beginning of our own "fall of (random name choice)  Empire", so to speak. 

Then I go back to some cute game like Stray or mindlessly loot hunt in some action game, and ignore it all again.

Also, I heard it was really hot in Great Britain recently (still?). World weather heat maps recently make most of the world look like it's on fire. Time to start working on those underground cities?

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

5 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Occasionally I read articles re: economic and other world issues re: human quality of life/anger etc and feel like we're in the beginning of our own "fall of (random name choice)  Empire", so to speak. 

Then I go back to some cute game like Stray or mindlessly loot hunt in some action game, and ignore it all again.

Also, I heard it was really hot in Great Britain recently (still?). World weather heat maps recently make most of the world look like it's on fire. Time to start working on those underground cities?

Dont we need access to some sunlight to survive? Or would we adopt like the Drow to living underwound? 

John Milton 

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Dont we need access to some sunlight to survive?

Technically/ultimately, just to survive, probably not.
Practically/health-wise, it could shorten lifespans by being more prone to certain conditions/diseases that would weaken us over many years. And I'm sure human tech could create artificial lights that would minimize such. Also, underground cities to avoid a worldwide 120F+ environment doesn't mean we couldn't go "outside" occasionally. Or have "sunrooms" as upper-level parks, for example. You don't need very much sun exposure at all - we're not plants.

• Like 1

Woke up early this morning and hubby was already gone. Alone in the house for two days. Whatever shall I do.

...think I will start with ... every auditory thing he dislikes, at volume 10. :lol:

• Like 1

So was by my local computer store to go to a nearby grocery.  Come home and find my CPU temps are spiking, also the cooler was loose.  So now have to go back to where I was yesterday :lol:

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

So was by my local computer store to go to a nearby grocery.  Come home and find my CPU temps are spiking, also the cooler was loose.  So now have to go back to where I was yesterday :lol:

How did it get lose?

I honestly have no idea, maybe took a knock when I was tipping over the case. Also found out the ATX power plug was loose, lovely problems with the PC this year.  All good now, got some AS-5 put a pea...well or whatever the small glob I put on can be called and it seems to be running well.

Need to get the new PC picked soon, hah

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After being a little too lax for a few months, I was doing really well with my diet/eating habits again for over a month now. Even lost the few pounds I'd gained back.
Then hubby's away and I went (in person) to the store to grab yogurt and salad dressing (not worth delivery service). And bought a bag of pepperoni sticks and 2 Lindt. dark choc.-orange candy bars.

And over a span of 4 hours, I ate them.

I am all urgh and bloated feeling, now. :lol:

• Thanks 1

I'm rarely logged into my YouTube account. Logged into it some days ago. Tried to go to a YT video link today. Got a page asking me to verify it was really me. I logged back in again. Got a page telling me there was unusual activity on my YT account and to please give them a mobile phone number so they could help me.

Closed browser, wiping cookies. Can view YT videos again. Pffft. 😛

Looking at my account video page, my avatar is now a blank image with a line through it, maybe because it's on google security lockdown, or who knows. I can't imagine anyone would care about my almost never used, hardly any subscribers, non-monetized YT account and I'm suspicious Google just wants my mobile phone number. Maybe I'm wrong and some hack wants my cat and FO:NV videos. Regardless, whatever.

• Like 2

Neighbor told my mother that I dumped some trash next to the trash bin today, so she actually went there, picked up the trash and threw it into the bin and asked me what the hell I was thinking. I haven't even been close to the trash area of our appartment building in over a week (more like two) as I don't really have an awful lot of trash to dispose of - and I wouldn't buy half liter bottles of soft drinks, which was apparently what the trash consisted of mostly.

Stupid ass drunk probably left it there himself, or else lord knows what or who he saw in his stupor.

• Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.