What are you Playing Now? I name all the operations that go down in Taipei.

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

ME3 Omega DLC was fun. I realize the Citadel DLC isn't going to be much of anything as I only came out of ME2 with 3 squadmates :lol:

I am curious how it is going to work with less party members. The main story of the DLC should not be affected anyhow.

7 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

I am curious how it is going to work with less party members. The main story of the DLC should not be affected anyhow.

Yep, not a big deal, although I am sure squad Mako was just Cortez by himself.  Despite myself, the in mission dialogue did get a laugh out me - the drone bothering even the enemies with its prattling on.  I can see why people like this DLC for the fanservice. 

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My journeys continue in the " saga of the Sword Coast "

Im deep in the Cloakwood Forest and having Imoen and detect traps is a huge benefit around avoiding spider web traps 

I also had an epic final battle around my Vienxay mod NPC quest which culminates in the Cloakwood Forest where you confront her former mistress, Luna,  a powerful Shadowmage and her apprentices. Very hard to defeat  Luna with all her summoning spells and apprentices  so I had to be strategic 

I used Silence 15 Radius on her to stop her casting more spells after the initial spells  and then used my Wand of Fear to confuse her summoned elementals and then I ran away and she chased me but her apprentices stayed behind because they were using shadow magic

But once I separated Luna from the group I was able to kill her and then I returned to kill the rest 

I am about to enter the Cloakwood Mines, exciting times 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Almost to the end of ME3.  Giving Garrus the Typhoon proves to work out quite well, well the rare moments he realizes he actually has LOS with the target rather than mag dumping a wall or indestructible box.  

I guess after this will be Andromeda, better start that download. 

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just now, Sarex said:

But why?

Was curious, grabbed it for $10.  That and I've never paid for any ME game so figure tossing EA/Bioware $10 is fair :lol:

I am sure the game will be "ok" in my book, we'll see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Was curious, grabbed it for $10.  That and I've never paid for any ME game so figure tossing EA/Bioware $10 is fair :lol:

It's open-world and classless, but otherwise quite similar to the OT. The most important improvement was the jetpack, which was awesome. The Vaults were fun too.

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

I didn't hate it.  The combat is better.  The story isn't but I didn't hate it at all... I was actually bummed when they canceled the DLC

24 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

ME: Andromeda = DA:I Hinterlands in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace

Tim Curry is in Mass Effect: Andromeda?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

When you see someone playing Skyrim and because he is a funny, mellow but satirical 'net persona, he makes it look hilarious fun...making you sorta want to try that game one more time (never got far), but you know you'll install it and then just ignore it yet again.

That said, has anyone tried and is there any real gameplay/QoL reason to bother with the "Enhanced Edition" (I have the release version, which I guess isn't actually sold anymore), outside of fancy graphical improvements I definitely don't care about and the "copied stuff/ideas from popular modders mods" I also typically don't care about (I tend to prefer vanilla gaming, unless it's my own self-made small tweaks)?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, commonly known as 999. I played this game roughly a dozen years ago on 3DS, it was the first DS game I bought for the 3DS and it was the game that introduced me to Spike Chunsoft and begun my love affair with the company. This is the first game in the Zero Escape trilogy.

The game is part visual novel choose your own adventure and part escape room puzzle game. A benefit of not having played the game in so long is not remembering the puzzle solutions, and this game has some really great puzzles. The story I mostly remembered from my first playthrough, not all the details, but the main thread. It's a Spike Chunsoft game, so it's a twisted and demented tale that gets really dark. 

Anyway, it was as great as I remembered. I played Zero Time Dilemma relatively recently, now I just need to do a replay of Virtue's Last Reward so that I can fairly judge which game in the trilogy is the best.

I hope they make a 4th game some day.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

The Skyrim hearth and home stuff is probably up your alley, LC. It made my last attempt to play more engaging.

...which appears to be a DLC, where you have to know the actual URL in order to (maybe) be able to buy it for the non-enhanced version of the original game since it's no longer an official/listed product. >.>   

...don't think I'd be into guard/bandit/family management either. I could just build a small "home" in the editor and plop it into the world somewhere.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished ME3. Was rather amusing to see how Garrus and Vega with Typhoons just dismantled everything during that boss fight.   Did the God Empress Shepard with the creepy monologue over the slideshow.

Edit :  Have started Andromeda, combat seems like it might be more interesting with movement, the Frostbite engine is aptly named, everything looks cold, heh, damn dead eyed characters.  My Ryder seems to have trouble making eye contact when speaking to people.  Just out of the prologue, arrived at the Citadel

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

I did indeed continue on to Bard's Tale 2, a decision many a gamer likely rued. Or potentially all of them, because that was the worst dungeon crawler I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Arcane riddles, sprawling maps that randomly kill your light, songs, or spells and severely grating fights againt hordes of spellcasters that take ages because fifty of the three hundred enemies you're facing decide to cast area of effect spells.

The impact is lessened a little with some of the items that can be found and by simply running away, but in the end, for the final few dungeons, all I did was run from every single fight and re-cast buffs. It's so bad the developers realized it and eventually give you items that can cast buffs (with infinte charges) that are immune to the anti-magic zones, but those are too little, too late, usually, and they still don't work against darkness. Nothing more fun than half the map being dark. Walk walk, check map. Walk walk, check map. Walk. Check. Walk. *sigh*

Yeah, not touching that. Like ever again. :p

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I have some bad news, I am in JHB till the 11/12 August for work so I am not gaming till I get back to CPT. Which means my "Saga of the Sword Coast " chronicles will be paused till then

On Thursday and my last BG1 session I did complete the Cloakwood Mines and found some very useful items, the narrative is also becoming clearer. The nefarious forces behind the scenes will soon be revealed

I am now on my way to BG and I have loads of money so it should be eventful and rewarding. I also found some underground tunnels inhabited by Ankhegs and once I killed them I am getting some Ankheg armor made in Beregost for my 2 x fighters which are Khalid and Kivan...this armor should be very useful in future battles :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, majestic said:

I did indeed continue on to Bard's Tale 2, a decision many a gamer likely rued. Or potentially all of them, because that was the worst dungeon crawler I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Arcane riddles, sprawling maps that randomly kill your light, songs, or spells and severely grating fights againt hordes of spellcasters that take ages because fifty of the three hundred enemies you're facing decide to cast area of effect spells.

The impact is lessened a little with some of the items that can be found and by simply running away, but in the end, for the final few dungeons, all I did was run from every single fight and re-cast buffs. It's so bad the developers realized it and eventually give you items that can cast buffs (with infinte charges) that are immune to the anti-magic zones, but those are too little, too late, usually, and they still don't work against darkness. Nothing more fun than half the map being dark. Walk walk, check map. Walk walk, check map. Walk. Check. Walk. *sigh*

Yeah, not touching that. Like ever again. :p

I played BT1 as part of the BT Trilogy about 18 months ago, I have yet to play 2&3

I enjoyed BT1, its definitely a CRPG and should be judged on that fairly. The combat is repetitive most of the time but I enjoyed the combat  mechanics. And I was also grateful for the Automap, I have no appetite for making my own maps 

I am planning on tackling BG2 sometime in the future  🐲

John Milton 

Well, playing more Andromeda feels like I am playing The Division or something.  The bug where loading a save where you're in the Nomad was fun to experience - waited 3-4 mins, could have sworn the game was hardlocked until I accidentally hit ` and opened the console.   Got all the party members I could, so far they seem ok in terms of what I'd expect from ME. 

Guess it was worth $10 off of this so far.

• Thanks 1

Done with Bard's Tale Trilogy:

aLmHnsS.png

If any of you want to play and have not played any, do yourself a favor and play either the first Bard's Tale, or Bard's Tale 3. Stay away from the second game, and for the love of god don't play all three in a row. Since the game keeps track of some stats, I can see that I've skipped almost 1600 battles.

The game also gives you the option to transfer character stats and experience between the games. Don't do that for the third, you end up hurting your stats. That's because level ups increase a random character stat, and once they're maxed, they're maxed... and level ups don't give stat points any more - and the last game has much higher stat caps than the second. The game gives you a huge experience boost right at the start anyway, so nothing's really lost.

Third game might actually be the best of the three, but if played as third of three back to back, you're sick and tired of everything. Heh.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

A couple of hours of Inscryption, a singleplayer roguelite-ish card fighting game that everyone was raving for when it came out. To my surprise (as someone who can't understate how much I don't want to play any deckbuilding, card fighting games...nor roguelike games), it's actually pretty cool and fun. Basically, every attempt to win you go through little maps of random encounters and events, like a little miniature campaign (pretty similar to Faster Than Light). The fighting mechanics don't seem too terribly deep, but that's not to say you'll always win; just the opposite, you'll lose but get stronger. Lots of variation with how cards work but not overwhelming so...and a few of the cards that you have are actually characters that give you drips of information about the setting/what you're trying to accomplish as you play, and all that's done fairly well so far too. Maybe this game earned its Overwhelmingly Positive score.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.