What You've Done Today - Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life

Hurlshort

11 hours ago, Gorth said:

I spent 30 minutes thinking about it and came up blank. Can't think of a lookalike actor. Can't think of an actor (or even their characters) that would fit the personality. Maybe I have an identity crisis? 😟

Danny Devito.

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Ajay Naidu would do it well

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Possibly get away with Daniel Radcliffe as in most of his weird indy movie roles of late...

Edit. Although one of my friends has said he chooses to describe me to people as "a cross between Richard Castle and Herr Flick of the Gestapo"...  So that could weigh in on the actor choice.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

52 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Possibly get away with Daniel Radcliffe as in most of his weird indy movie roles of late...

radcliffe is likely a safer option than the other harry potter actor.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Does anyone know if there's anything horribly wrong with the Vivaldi browser? Chromium backend, but I installed it earlier and just spent like an hour customizing the crap out of it so that it's basically the same as my Firefox (which is now like...a year+ out of date because I refuse to update to the latest version that screwed up everything), and I'm seriously contemplating making the full switch now. It's apparently made by the same guy who made the original Opera (Presto) engine before Opera decided to switch to Chromium themselves, which is what inspired me to try it out because Presto!Opera was my favorite browser of all time and I ran it for like 3-4 years past its last version before all modern webpages constantly breaking all the time forced me to switch to Firefox.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Guess it's been a slow week for everyone? 😄

...I got food poisoning, spewing from both ends for a couple days. That was fun.
...it rained a fair amount - relatively speaking for time of year - for a couple days. Felt almost tropical. Now it's super hot again and I can't sleep.
...we're still not totally moved/cleaned out of the Bay Area house. In fact we keep talking about how if the home prices drop a little bit the next several months/year (higher interest rates, inflation slowing buyers and other such things) maybe we should look for another house in the same Sac. neighborhood that we might like a tad better and get rid of/sell the one we're currently in.  We seem to be all kinds of confused/confuddled re: our future plans.  >.> 

EDIT: although the way the world is going I'm still leaning towards selling everything and building an underground bunker-house in the mid-west.  HAHA

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Sad 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fired one guy, hired 3 guys in India to replace him.  Genius.

At least got this query in from a client

select * from (
select * from TABLE_NAME where COL= 99999
) sub1 order by 7 asc

So had a laugh today.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cleaned out a clogged downspout on one of my gutters. Well I guess I should say I asked a buddy to do it. The downspout in question is 23' high, and my extension ladder is 24', but around 12' up I noped out and we switched spots. :lol: It took ramming a running garden hose through the downspout but finally a huge mass of leaves and debris came out like a play-doh extruder. It was so satisfying to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Cleaned out a clogged downspout on one of my gutters. Well I guess I should say I asked a buddy to do it. The downspout in question is 23' high, and my extension ladder is 24', but around 12' up I noped out and we switched spots. :lol: It took ramming a running garden hose through the downspout but finally a huge mass of leaves and debris came out like a play-doh extruder. It was so satisfying to see.

No animal corpse?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 6/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, LadyCrimson said:

It's 102F/38.88889C

too-hot-cat.jpg

In the 6 years I've lived in and around The Queen City I've never seen triple digit temperatures. I've seen a lot of 97°F and 98°F, but never triple digits. This coming Tuesday and Wednesday threaten to change that, and it's not even July yet. 

Side note: I have been down to Laredo when it was something on the order of 107°F.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

In the 6 years I've lived in and around The Queen City I've never seen triple digit temperatures. I've seen a lot of 97°F and 98°F, but never triple digits. This coming Tuesday and Wednesday threaten to change that, and it's not even July yet. 

Side note: I have been down to Laredo when it was something on the order of 107°F.

My first summer in Australia was after moving from Wellington (NZ) to Adelaide (South Australia). Say hello to 5 weeks of 44C-46C degrees (111F-115F) 😅

Queensland has better balanced weather though (IMHO). Less excessive heat in summer (very humid though) and less frigid in winter. Adelaide was close to 0C C(32F) at night every now and then in winter, I suppose that's part of having effectively desert climate. Where I live now it's more like 10C-22C (50F-72F) in the winter and 20C-32C (68F-90F) in the summer (typical night and day values, extremes happens of course). It's like a little "Garden of Eden" here with the subtropical climate ☺️

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 hours ago, Gorth said:

44C-46C degrees (111F-115F)

Only time we've gone through stuff like that is when we went to Death Valley. In a car with black interior. I think my t-shirt/shorts were constantly sweat-soaked the entire time. We wore out the car's A/C on that one trip (we visited AZ in that same journey) trying to keep us from becoming dehydrated bags of sand. :lol:

Well, one thing about high heat (if you're lucky enough to have air conditioning at least) is that it makes a great excuse for homebodies like me to ... well, stay at home. "I'm not lazy, it's just too hot."

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 6/11/2022 at 7:54 AM, Gfted1 said:

It took ramming a running garden hose through the downspout but finally a huge mass of leaves and debris came out like a play-doh extruder. It was so satisfying to see.

So...you gave your rainspout an enema. 😄 

I had to cart a small desk and three chairs 4 city blocks this morning, and even though it was super hot, I did it because its supposed to be hotter the next few days.

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

So...you gave your rainspout an enema. 😄 

Of sorts...the hose was fed in from the top to let gravity do the work. Id love to put a rain chain somewhere but I dont really have a spot where it would look organic. And Im not sure of their performance during a heavy rain. But they look cool:

double-loops-rain-chain-bronze-main_2048

71Mkxnnp4ZL._AC_SX569_.jpg

• Like 3

Testing out a few ideas - I'm not just printing and sewing...

Took a jiggsaw to an old some-kind of pine shelf that would be chucked out.

5gNDANw.jpg

Then I had an annoying work day, so with the sun out I broke out the power tools in the form of the planer , orbital sander, and mouse sander...

mP0Acf6.jpg

NTGHDtM.jpg

Now to decide whether further practice calls for delicate sanding and fixing, or just jump to seeing how to paint the sucker.

Note: This is purely a rough prototype so I could make sure I had the logic all figured out.....

• Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

UK police are descending on your house.

• Haha 1

Outside of maybe very occasionally revisiting fave games for a day or two, I'm seriously starting to feel like I've become a non-gamer.   >.>
I still look but everything is "meh" or "hell no" ... indie, AAA, genre, doesn't matter. Even if a new game I try is ok/charming/playable, just bored of it all.

That said I am still going to buy that Stray game on the 19th, which I expect to be shortish with little replay value, because, cat, and decent graphics (so very cute cat) for the budget. And less/little combat focus. After that ... I dunno...I suppose if Avowed is ever released I might at least buy it to try it but other than that...seems like I'll be saving a lot of money re: PC building for a long while. 😛

38 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Im not a PC gamer any more since my desktop power supply died and I never bothered to replace it. Now all my gaming is on mobile.

What.....gaming on a mobile is like being in a Vegas strip club and you realize you have lost your wallet !!!

Its just cruel and unfair :aiee:

What games you playing on your mobile ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela