Ukraine conflict - im Westen nichts Neues

Elerond

2 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

All those countries have professional armies. If they didn't have problem fighting in Afghan they surely can go fight in Ukraine. 

In afghanistan it were peasants with goats and occasional RPG. This is Russia, which has hypersonic missiles, a tech which NATO does not have... 

well if our armies are only able to fight goat herders than whats the point of them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

6 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

All those countries have professional armies. If they didn't have problem fighting in Afghan they surely can go fight in Ukraine. 

No army in eastern Europe comes close to Russian capability.
At best there could be a symbolic 'let's die together' stand / suicide pact with Ukrainian troops.

well if our armies are only able to fight goat herders than whats the point of them?

Symbolic contributions to NATO.

Edited by pmp10

I think Poland begs to differ. 

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Just now, Chilloutman said:

I think Poland begs to differ. 

Oh I wish.

Latest war games rated Poland at one week of active resistance against Russia without NATO involvement.
Jokes were running that assumption was Russians needed 3 days to sober up. 

I don't mean they can defeat them themselves but they still have quite big military which would be huge asset in those fights.

1 minute ago, Chilloutman said:

I don't mean they can defeat them themselves but they still have quite big military which would be huge asset in those fights.

Inderinvested in most areas, with some exeptions of special forces and fast response. Good for support, but awful in the mainland fight. 

The state of German military is god awful, i expect Italian amd Spanish is not much better, maybe French? UK has some capability. Trump was right in a sense, that EU relies on US for its safety and the funding of milirtary was pitful. 

Sizable maybe, but I doubt if sheer numbers count for much in the era of precision munitions.
I don't think we have the morale for human wave attacks either.

23 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Dane?

If Sweden or Germany had joined Russia, they probably would (be looking for a fight).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Effing Germans blocked cutting Russia from SWIFT. Spineless hecks, first they ruin their independence by shutting down nuclear power plants and becoming dependent on gas from Russia and than they act like nothing is happening, Its Munich 2.0

• Like 2

Effing Germans blocked cutting Russia from SWIFT. Spineless hecks, first they ruin their independence by shutting down nuclear power plants and becoming dependent on gas from Russia and than they act like nothing is happening, Its Munich 2.0

Not only Germans, but it is easy to put this on them due to historical reasons (Rib-Mol pact) You had more countries against it. 

yeah Cyprus Italy and Hungary. I doubt they would have such strong voice as Germans tho

4 minutes ago, Sarex said:

That looks fake as all hell.

I'm by no means an expert in 144p video of air combat, but it really does look super fake.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It already started, first NATO member has accused NATO and EU of failure to act... Russia and China are probably celebrating...

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

41 minutes ago, Mishaxx said:

It's legit scary. 😕 I feel for Ukraine and just keep watching the news, feeling sick.

"Joined 39 minutes ago" - and straight into the Ukraine thread minutes later? Hmm...

32 minutes ago, Katphood said:

Dunno, this is my source: https://t.me/uniannet

Mirrors of the same video are clowning on it as being merged footage from a video game called "Digital Combat Simulator", but it is not as though I can confirm that.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

4 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Thia does look real

****. That was horrific to watch, no mercy on either side. The guy in the car was alive when they were trying to remove him from the wreckage.

• Sad 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Italian prime minister Mario Draghi successfully secured a carve out for Italian luxury goods from the EU's package of economic sanctions against Nato, EU dip tells me. 'Apparently selling Gucci loafers to oligarchs is more of a priority than hitting back at Putin,' source adds.

EDIT: Can anybody here confirm, or this is some kind of Onion type news?

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours